arkham knight research thread

stigmorgan

Sr Member
ive noticed nobody has so far put the arkham knight together yet.
so, i am currently unable to pep anything due to an injury to my hand so decided to start the arkham knight by putting the base clothing together, so far ive been unable to find any camo trousers that are (in my eyes) anywhere near accurate enough so figure i will have to get creative with textile paints on a pair of plain heavy duty dark grey trousers,

the three adjustable straps on each leg can easily be stitched on.
havent quite figured out what material to use for the patches on heach hip, some shots they look like leather and others im not sure what they look like.

the jacket i think is the hardest part to come up with accurately with all the straps and lines, it appears to be of 2 or 3 different materials, i may see if i can find some sort of biker jacket that is close and add the straps etc. the chest and back lates once pepped can be attached with poppers and straps, there are several different variations depending on what picture you look at.

the gloves look like plain basic motorcycle gloves, the hand plate could easily be attached by velcro.

as for boots i think any sturdy black high ankle workboot will do the job as the shin plate attaches/covers the top, alternatively a pair of motorcross boots can be adapted and the shin plate attached to the boot.

well thats my rough ideas so far, ive not looked at buckles or clips etc yet and as the title says this is just research at the minute, im sure im not the only one here that wants to put this suit together so lets all put our ideas together and come up with the best possible Arkham Knight. cant wait to hear your thoughts

i have but this is for the arkham knight not batman, bandiet is modelling the "hardware" and so far has done an amazing job on the pep files, i'm looking to put the clothing / base layers together, normally i would be looking to do the hero but in this case the villain is so cool i just have to put it together and figured that as the clothing is so detailed a thread would be useful for pooling ideas and possible suppliers to get the base jacket/trousers/clips/buckles etc

I have been looking too. For the pants, the closest i have found so far is where i search for black and red bdu's in google. But too much white and not enough black for my liking. But part of me is being picky i guess. I haven't found a jacket yet. I havent found a jacket yet.

7915-1-thumb.jpg

Attachments

• RED-GREY-BDU-TROUSERS.jpg
    RED-GREY-BDU-TROUSERS.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 282
I have been looking too. For the pants, the closest i have found so far is where i search for black and red bdu's in google. But too much white and not enough black for my liking. But part of me is being picky i guess. I haven't found a jacket yet. I havent found a jacket yet.

View attachment 434625
thats the closest i could find too, im def too fussy, i'm thinking of using red textile paint on dark slate grey work trousers.

ive spent most of today looking at biker jackets and moto cross jackets but have had no luck, i know im being fussy but i am a perfectionist, the pictures ive found on google along with a few stills from the trailers on youtube show that the jacket is made from at least 2 but possibly 3 different materials which makes it even harder to match anything to it, im thinking i may have to have the base of the jacket made and then add all the buckles and clips myself with the pepped hardware. i think the jacket is the hardest part of all.

oops sorry stigmorgan misread the post :facepalm
no worries dude, its an easy mistake, 90% of people want to be the hero not the villain so its an easy assumption to make, normally i would be looking into batman but there;s something about this villain that just calls to me and the challenge is certainly helping keep my mind off the pain/discomfort of my recent injury and surgery.

being off work for an unspecified amount of time is a double edged sword, on one hand i have plenty of time to research but on the other being self employed i have no income so the research is all i can do until i return to work and start earning again.

I've posted the link to the thread on the facebook page, so hopefully we'll get some info from there as well. Any info we get here will also be shared with the guys that side.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

thats the closest i could find too, im def too fussy, i'm thinking of using red textile paint on dark slate grey work trousers.

ive spent most of today looking at biker jackets and moto cross jackets but have had no luck, i know im being fussy but i am a perfectionist, the pictures ive found on google along with a few stills from the trailers on youtube show that the jacket is made from at least 2 but possibly 3 different materials which makes it even harder to match anything to it, im thinking i may have to have the base of the jacket made and then add all the buckles and clips myself with the pepped hardware. i think the jacket is the hardest part of all.

I was thinking of doing the same but with black combat bdu's instead. For the jacket you are right, seems to be different material across the shoulders and on the front and nothing i have found either has the multiple materials, or if it has different materials, its a shirt, not a jacket. I was pondering on the idea of using a vest with a shirt underneath, to give the resemblance of a jacket with different materials, but like you said, im fussy as well and it would bug me. But then i heard someone say once, if it cant be perfect make it "custom" lol.

i have black work trousers that are of a good enough material but every picture ive seen the trousers seem to be a dark slate grey or faded black, but that may just be the screen on my laptop.
im thinking the only way to get an accurate or even semi accurate jacket will be to have one made..

i have black work trousers that are of a good enough material but every picture ive seen the trousers seem to be a dark slate grey or faded black, but that may just be the screen on my laptop.
im thinking the only way to get an accurate or even semi accurate jacket will be to have one made..

I found this jacket. it has the Batman logo on it but that could be covered up with the chest armor. So far this is the only jacket i have seen that even comes close to the one worn by the Arkham Knight

517cLXnOhrL._SR160,200_.jpg

i was just searching batman arkham knight leather jackets, or something to that effect in google. I was just scanning through the images and i saw it pop up. I ended up doing an image search on that picture and have found a couple sites selling it, going price seems to be $199. Im just trying to find reviews on these sites to make sure they are legit.

Im not utterly satisfied with the websites i located the jacket on, so i think we can disregard this particular jacket. The digging that i done on the 3 websites that had this jacket seem a little shady to me. 3 different websites ultimately seem to be run by the same person and when i googled the address, it was someones house. Leaves too many questions for my likings. Unless we get lucky, im thinking along the same lines as you of having the jacket made specially.

Im not utterly satisfied with the websites i located the jacket on, so i think we can disregard this particular jacket. The digging that i done on the 3 websites that had this jacket seem a little shady to me. 3 different websites ultimately seem to be run by the same person and when i googled the address, it was someones house. Leaves too many questions for my likings. Unless we get lucky, im thinking along the same lines as you of having the jacket made specially.
thats a shame its a nice jacket, i may start drawing up some plans and looking at materials this week, gonna be a while before i can spend any money on this but there's still alot to research, the buckles/clips may take a little time to find

Yeah it is a shame, i liked the jacket. But i wouldn't feel comfortable ordering something from somewhere that has too many fishy questions. Its going to be a while before i can lump some money into this project, but i have a con to go to at the end of may so im trying to be frugal and fast at the same time. Main reason why im trying to do the armor parts in foam instead of regular pep. Im going to keep looking for alternative jackets. But right now just for the time line im looking at, im probably going to be usuing black/dary grey bdu's for top and bottom. I will tackle the jacket and perfection part later.

sounds like a plan, getting the jacket right is gonna take some time so no point rushing it. think im gonna get the jacket sorted and match the trousers colour to that.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back