arkham knight research thread

arkham buckles.pngbeen looking for these buckles/clips but so far have not had much luck, anyone else have any suggestions? also need to find the strapping thats on the bottom buckle

The clips/buckles remind me of some metal fasteners that i saw in Home Depot, but for the life of me i cannot find that exact shape. The strapping does look weird though, it almost looks like a hose from a vacuum if you were to cut it in half and trim it down or something.
88111008.jpg

The clips/buckles remind me of some metal fasteners that i saw in Home Depot, but for the life of me i cannot find that exact shape. The strapping does look weird though, it almost looks like a hose from a vacuum if you were to cut it in half and trim it down or something.
View attachment 437160
i had a similar thought about the strapping, im sure ive seen the silver clips before but cant for the life of me remember where, as for the top clip i cant see it clearly enough to tell anything other than its bigger than the others and square-ish

well ive spent nearly 6 hours searching google and yahoo images with no luck, it seems that even these clasps/buckles will have to be manufactured in order to achieve the level of accuracy i want.
on a side note i have found an image of the action figure which has given me an idea for attaching the armour panels to chest back and shoulders, its not as "clean" as the video stills/photos but its pretty closearkhamknight.jpgit looks like the shoulders back and chest are attached to a separate piece of material that is then put on over the jacket, this could make sorting the jacket itself easier and also make attaching the hardware simpler

arkham knight pouch straps.jpgthe first bit of positive news, the ridged straps holding the pouches on his hips could be replicated with a length drive/timing belt from an engine

well ive spent nearly 6 hours searching google and yahoo images with no luck, it seems that even these clasps/buckles will have to be manufactured in order to achieve the level of accuracy i want.
on a side note i have found an image of the action figure which has given me an idea for attaching the armour panels to chest back and shoulders, its not as "clean" as the video stills/photos but its pretty closeView attachment 437181it looks like the shoulders back and chest are attached to a separate piece of material that is then put on over the jacket, this could make sorting the jacket itself easier and also make attaching the hardware simpler

Nice. Other than the shoulder attachments to the chest, judging by the toy, it looks like there is black strapping at the bottom corners of the chest, slight above the top buckle that look like they attach the chest to the jacket at those points too. If you look at the picture where AK has his back to us, you can see straps that look like they do the same. To me it looks like they are either attached to the jacket or the straps go underneath the arm attached the chest to the back.

yeah i think you are right, there does seem to be straps holding the hardware down in a few places, just need to identify the clip or find something that looks close, i dont think we are going to find anything exact seeing as this character was designed in the virtual not the real world so i wont be surprised if the only thing we dont have to mess with is the boots.

I think you are right too, i doubt we will find anything exact. I do have a thought though, for the parts like the clasp/buckles, if we could find someone with 3d printing capabilities, its possible that we may be able to commission someone to make them with a 3d printer. That might be the only way to make some of those clasps accurately.

Thought I'd post a pic of one of the suits by ProReplicas VE from the facebook group... might give some ideas.
uploadfromtaptalk1424407263142.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

wow thats pretty cool, personally im looking for as close to 100% accuracy as i can get but that is good.
research will continue soon, at the moment my time is being taken up with hospital doctors and physio appointments.

ok, its been a while now, been on the slow road to recovery plus returning to work, losing half an index finger takes a hell of a lot more rehab and healing than i ever thought it would, but now im back at work and able to use my hand (albeit with slight difficulty), so, back to the research, i have been completely unable to identify any of the buckles etc and there is no jacket available that is accurate enough for my inner perfectionist so have settled on the realisation that i am going to have to part with alot of coin and have it made, which means i may aswell have the trousers made as well seeing as they are of the same material as part of the jacket. now i just have to find someone who can do the textile build while i do the pep work and then be able to attach pep to textile.
The boots appear to be just as hard to replicate so think i will settle on a chunky military style boot.
have not had chance to search out gloves yet but they look fairly plain so hopefully should be relatively simple to replicate.

one thing i have been unable to clarify, in a few images arkham knight has a gun but ive not been able to see where the holster is for this, is there one? if so where?

ok so a little progress,
I've finally managed to print out the chest and back, ive built the chest but the sizing isnt quite right, the width is fine but it is too short for me so need to work out how to fix that or or find another file, in the mean time i will still resin up the one i have built just in case i have to use it.
The helmet im afraid i dont feel confident in my ability to build it to my own high standard and also dont have the skills/resources to install a see through visor so have decided to buy this part, there a few very good ones on offer here on the site, just waiting on clarification of info from a couple of them before i decide which one to get, going this route however does mean i wont have the outfit ready for london comic con in may but does give me until the next one in october to get ready.
Going to start building the back this week then will move on to the hardest part- the gauntlet, not really looking forward to it but it needs doing.

Just thought i'd pop myself in to get updated. I myself am also looking for the jacket and trousers along with the knick knacks like the clasps, buckles or possibly anyone that i can commission to make.

Been ssearching for boots last few days now with little luck, my images show his boots to have what look like a couple of buckles across the top of the foot. Looking on google images Ive found one pair that I kinda like but cant locate a seller for them, I have a few other pairs that will do the job but dont have buckles, I will post pics later or tomorrow and maybe you guys can tell me your thoughts and suggestions

It really is quite hard to track down the right parts. I just also realised i don't really have much time to dedicate building up the suit myself anymore. I've gone with using whatever colour matching motorbike gloves my dad has lying around, wish i can say the same for the boots. Im now leaning over to find someone to commission to create the jacket and pants with me just attaching the hard parts on to it. Was hoping to get any suggestions on who to approach.

It really is quite hard to track down the right parts. I just also realised i don't really have much time to dedicate building up the suit myself anymore. I've gone with using whatever colour matching motorbike gloves my dad has lying around, wish i can say the same for the boots. Im now leaning over to find someone to commission to create the jacket and pants with me just attaching the hard parts on to it. Was hoping to get any suggestions on who to approach.

Check out the gloves ive bought from ebay (link in previous posts) they were less than £8 delivered, just have to wait a while for delivery. The boots are a little tricky if you want 100% accuracy if not any military style boot will be ok, as for the rest I am currently looking for someone to create the jacket for me but as I want to be very involvedto make sure it is right first time I need someone local so its taking a while to get sorted.

arkhamboot5.JPG
arkhamboot6.jpg
arkhamboot8.JPG
a few more potential boot, just wish i could find the first pair for sale somewhere, i really want to find a pair with the buckles to keep accuracy but thinking im not going to find anything im 100% happy with.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back