"BETA"- Decals 5ft ANH version Hasbro Rebel Millennium Falcon

retiredadguy

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm working on decals that are scaled for the HRMF and HLMF as I have both,..SOOO,..

This is the " 95% Hasbro RMF build " using a Legacy MF as the donor hull ie the side walls are the 32" that I posted prior

These will be vector art most likely one set with both sizes. All the MPC /AMT/ ERTEL falcon build say "what about us???

These were originally created with that in mind. After doing a set I found there are really only about 10-15 that scale and hold up once printed. I've posted that version on this board recently as a you down load it and print it. With instructions.:)

The below photo's are on my ALL MOST completed HRML version. I still need yo do all the mini pincil point blaster scoring on the HRMF yet.

Some of the shots have been lightened in order to see the decals. Some of the decals need to be adjusted for size, color and position. This is a COMP version(beta).

Keep in mind the HRMF is a mix of the best parts from the 32" and the 5' so some of the side wall decals don't quiet match up for position ect.

Comments, corrections are what Im looking for. If I produce these I would like them to be as accurate as possible as all the builds I've seen on this board are really really good,
SOOOoo,...

This will be a few posts as there are 20? or so shots.

IMG_2578.JPGIMG_2579.JPGIMG_2582.JPGIMG_2584.JPGIMG_2586.JPGIMG_2587.JPGIMG_2588.JPGIMG_2590.JPGIMG_2591.JPGIMG_2592.JPGIMG_2593.JPGIMG_2594.JPGIMG_2596.JPGIMG_2598.JPGIMG_2599.JPGIMG_2601.JPGIMG_2603.JPGIMG_2604.JPGIMG_2605.JPGIMG_2606.JPGIMG_2607.JPGIMG_2609.JPGIMG_2613.JPGIMG_2614.JPG

More to come

Continued (and the hair on the one shot is not on the model, face palm)

IMG_2615.JPGIMG_2616.JPGIMG_2617.JPGIMG_2618.JPGIMG_2619.JPGIMG_2620.JPGIMG_2621.JPG

On a side note all the weathering was done with Taymiya weathering pastels, NOT an air brush. All the red and gray panels are the decal stickers supplied by Hasbro.

Note, the red stripes/ squares on the cockpit access tube are also the Hasbro stickers. If I do another build of this I would use created decals instead. I didn't as you know if you read my earlier build post I did NOT use an adhesion primer so the supplied stickers will pull paint if you try to lift them. Again if I do another build of this I will use an adhesion primer.

Thanks for looking!

best regards,

Last edited:
Ah, there you are! I temporarily lost track of this... sorry! I'd recommend that the decals attempt to replicate the 5 footer's schema as much as possible so the builder can decide just how far to take things when improving on the Hasbro product... plus, as I implied in my PM to you, I'd like to see a range of the 'tiny gray and red blocks' included so, even if the *entire* collection visible on the studio model isn't provided, the same general impression can still be achieved. I'm sure the ILM guys used a stencil set to apply those blocks; just too many to believe they were done with individual decals... just a thought, anyway. Keep up the good work!

Regards, Robert

Robert,

PM? I don't see any thing about PM's on this site. Similar to propsummit's pm?

The 5fi version has the decals, as I've not seen any on the 32. Could be just me. Any one can apply decals to either, but I agree with you as to the 5ft version.

That is my favorite version if and when I do another HRFM I'll rebuild the side walls ect to match the 5ft.

Your talking about all the little gray hash marks all over the Falcon? yes?
Red blocks meaning the red square and the half red square next to each other? Good sugestion. Didn't occur to me.

What I'm after on this post is another set of eye's. There are decals I think are off scale.

I know which ones I think they are. I'm looking for input and I do not want to tainet some one elses review.

If your so inclined take a look at the photos posted and say this "triangle"(example) decal is to large, or to small what ever it my be.
(fyi, the photos are large if you click on them again for easier viewing)

I'm not after particular photo's, just in general. When I do the decal sheet I'll do various group sizes to cover as many options as practicable.

I know some decals are in the wrong spot, this build was just a comp version to begin with. (talking about my HRNF build)

As I posted prior one of my old saying in advert. was " it sucks do it over" this ALSO applies to MY stuff.

GOTA have a thick skin to do commercial art for a living.:) SOOoooo criticism IS what im looking for to make it better and as accurate as possible given the scale.

thnks!

best regards,

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back