Dagobah Props - PropStore Resin DL-44

Some weathering updates. I took OdiWan and the Muppet Blaster photos and used them as inspiration for my own weathering job. Instead of chipping away paint, I used Silver and Antique Gold Rub 'n' Buff to achieve the look of a resin blaster, with a real M19 scope. Making the scope silver really didn't appeal to me, as the real cast scope is this lumpy black cast and my own had much more detail!

DSCN4155.jpgDSCN4149.jpgDSCN4156.jpgDSCN4159.jpgDSCN4160.jpg

DSCN4146.jpgDSCN4142.jpgDSCN4136.jpgDSCN4134.jpgDSCN4133.jpgDSCN4148.jpg

So! With a resin flash hider in hand, shallow 1" hole drilled, i drilled 7/8" down another inch or two to snugly fit the FH. I then finished drilling through fir the barrel....snapped it in place and drilled and set a correct socket head screw! Then Apoxie Sculpt to fill in the back, holes in the cone and a little to support the inside of the cone!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    715.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    574.1 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    511.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    661.3 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    638.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    957.3 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,002 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,004.6 KB · Views: 111
I think it'd be swell if Dan dmachinist of Dark Energy Creations could machine a few of those flash hiders w/o the holes next time he does a run for those of us who'd like a nice looking version of this variant blaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it'd be swell if Dan @dmachinist of Dark Energy Creations could machine a few of those flash hiders w/o the holes next time he does a run for those of us who'd like a nice looking version of this variant blaster.

Yea,

seeing as this is mostly metal, I'd trade this out in a heartbeat, and make my own resin version!

Thank you! I have to thank @Shingouki28 for the flash hider. Couldn't have done this without him!

I like your approach!

The flash hider is a recast of an old machinaartium fh as far as I can tell by the oversized bullet shaped cuts. This was an error on an early run and he sold these discounted.
anyway...it suits the blaster well

- - - Updated - - -

I think it'd be swell if Dan @dmachinist of Dark Energy Creations could machine a few of those flash hiders w/o the holes next time he does a run for those of us who'd like a nice looking version of this variant blaster.

Nice idea Mike!

I like your approach!

The flash hider is a recast of an old machinaartium fh as far as I can tell by the oversized bullet shaped cuts. This was an error on an early run and he sold these discounted.
anyway...it suits the blaster well

thanks!
I think it suits it too. Im sanding the cone tonight and plan to hit it with a chrome spray paint, and dab the "rear" surface (putty) with some black paint to match the rest of the barrel and gun

I decided to go with silver rub n buff for the flash hider, and do some more semi gloss black touch ups on the body! I'm pretty happy with this - any suggestions or things I missed? I almost can't believe this started out as a solid cast Lytle dummy gun...I also may have won a plastic LS MGC...more to come..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    643.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    531.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    456.5 KB · Views: 103
Nice custom build there, chubsANDdoggers. The light finish on the grips sets it apart from others. Is that flash hider aluminum?

Nice custom build there, chubsANDdoggers. The light finish on the grips sets it apart from others. Is that flash hider aluminum?

Thanks man! Only parts that are metal are the denix muser and all the screws holding everything together. The rest of this blaster (including the flash hider) are all synthetic.

I started slapping together a slightly idealized version of this stunt blaster and could use some help:

IMG_0767.JPG

What is the plastic "reflective-type" material used in the scope eyepiece seen in the Propstore video?

Bump.

I'll buy speculation if anyone is selling any on this topic :)

Here is a screenshot of the eyepiece part in question:

image.jpeg

There appears to be a grid work design to this unknown item.

Last edited:
The stunt E-11s had a piece of fluorescent diffusion in their scopes.
A diamond pattern with the raised areas facing outwards.
That's what we briefly see in that video.

The stunt E-11s had a piece of fluorescent diffusion in their scopes.
A diamond pattern with the raised areas facing outwards.
That's what we briefly see in that video.

Ah, so a plastic refractor lens cover that has been trimmed to size?

image.jpeg

That Mauser you have there. You got that off eBay ya? How’s the quality? Was thinking of getting one myself.

Yeah, I picked up the scope, greeblies, and Mauser from Corellian Exports. Great overall quality with minimal casting bubbles and seam lines. The seam line on the pistol runs over the top of the pistol and runs over the site and ejector and can take some time to remove, for that reason, but overall it was easy to remove. I reinforcd and built up the trigger to make it appear like the original pistol's casting. The grips are separately cast pieces and did require some sanding to fit them but this only took about 15 minutes of work.

Since this is a stunt build, the resin parts fit the bill nicely.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back