Dagobah Props - PropStore Resin DL-44

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone

I noticed something looking for Dagobah shots of Luke's lightsaber - when he's climbing out of his crashed X-wing...I think he brandishes that resin DL-44 stunt with the ANH flash hider

Also notice the red button on Luke's saber, missing from the back - same Dagobah saber in Yoda's scene?

Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 4.32.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-01-30 at 4.34.14 PM.png

There is no such thing as a Star Wars Christmas Special. The Holiday Special was aired before Thanksgiving, on November 17, 1978.

Sorry, defective memory... too much of the Wookiee pon farr chair... for some reason remember Life Day was like Christmas.

Hey, does anyone have any more reference of this prop? I just found out the scope mount was a Resin ESB mount cut and reshaped to make this weird one. I may want to make this one myself - curious of there's any template for this scope mount too..

http://www.partsofsw.com/RangedWeapons/dl44stunt.htm

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/OyCBGYdwQq8/maxresdefault.jpg

http://cdn.movieweb.com/img.site/PHc9eKmDCKM2fj_2_l.jpg

and it's NOT the Merr Sonn correct? The barrels look nothing alike

http://www.partsofsw.com/images/merrsonn5.JPG

I have a lot of love for the ESB Stunt blaster, I like how it mixes parts of the ANH Hero, ESB & ROTJ

it's layout is pretty much the basis for the ROTJ blaster

I believe that it is made using a cast of the Han ANH Hero with bull barrel (same as the Merr Sonn), it's a cast of a M19 scope & V8 Parts, not sure regards the odd scope mount

I haven't seen any decent pics of it at the time of filming but there are a few around of it as it is now (not sure whose pics these were)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 506
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 546
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 494
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 505
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 548
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 576
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 495
I built myself a slightly idealised version by mixing 3 different Doopydoos resin DL-44 kits :lol

few things I'd do differently now i.e. fill in the holes in the Flash Hider & flatten the underside of the bull barrel

I don't fancy redoing this one so I'll live with it, I'd like to build it again one day in metal (even if resin is more accurate) ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    892.7 KB · Views: 430
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 380
Oh man this is great, thank you!

1) I never noticed the bull barrel, or that it was flattened on the bottom on the ANH, that will be interesting to replicate.

2)it's a resin cast, but the flash hider is hollow inside, very cool

i really like your version too, did you add a bull barrel over an existing regular one, or is that an entire ANH upper?

gotta find out what bolts they used too!

I'd like to point out theres another stunt with an MGC lower. Same upper.
Nate-D-Sanders-Luke-Skywalker-Blaster-Auction-Empire-Strikes-Back-Star-Wars-Prop-Memorabilia.jpg

Flat heads visible, dot on the trigger like MGCs and no screws in the mount arm, which is straight.

Absolutely sure that's an MGC lower? The damage to the grip matches up with the other stunt. If this is an MGC lower then so is the other one.

I'd like to point out theres another stunt with an MGC lower. Same upper.
View attachment 602442

Flat heads visible, dot on the trigger like MGCs and no screws in the mount arm, which is straight.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back