Definitive Ant-Man 2015 Costume Thread

Lol, so set photo's have shown the new Ant-man suit from Civil War. Really Blurry and far away, but I'be been trying to figure out some of the details 11363816_978279005545367_1707976646_n.jpghelmet.jpg

The new suit looks more high tech and more modern. I wish that thy would change it but I feel that I would get used to it

Last edited:
I just placed an order for an Ant-Man suit/costume/cosplay with an Aliexpress seller, "X-COSTUMES". This is actually the seller from one of the links darthwhitey inquired about earlier in this thread.

Link

It ships from Shenzhen, China. I ordered from this seller as he very promptly replied to questions I had about the costume in well-written English.
I should receive the suit in 15-20 days - and I plan to enhance the gloves, belt, and add weathering similar to how X3R0_SHIF7 did. I'll post pics before altering anything if anyone wants to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone,

I have been tying to make a homeade Ant-Man suit with black and red T-shirts, EVA foam for some detail, red puffy paint for the detail on the red. straws that i would later paint silver for the tubes, and lots of cardboard. In middle of the build i began thinking that it would come out terrible so i want to build a real replica suit. (Correct me if im wrong to use these 2 materials. I want to get the proper look a.k.a Relica so if I got these wrong tell me and let me know if there are better fabics for the suit) So far I got Red 2 Way Stretch Upholstery Faux Leather vinyl fabric (For the Red Parts):

Red 2 Way Stretch Upholstery Faux Leather vinyl fabric.JPG

And Black 2 Way Stretch Upholstery Faux Leather vinyl fabric (For the Black Parts):

BLACK 2 Way Stretch Upholstery Faux Leather vinyl fabric.JPG

Can anyone please help me find what material I need to use for the tubing, the elbow/knee/side pieces, the method i am able to use to make the pattern on the red parts, the method to make the gauntlet, backpack, belt and anything that is not fabic based, and lastly is there a Template for an exact Replica Ant-Man Helmet ?

I'm new into making suit like these: Ant-Man, Captain America, Hawkeye or Black Widow (basically anything that is not armor) So if anyone can help me with methods to use or anything that would help a beginner out that would be great thanks. :)

Here are some Reference pictures for the Ant-Man Suit if anyone needs them
Ant-Man 1.jpgAnt-Man 2.jpgAnt-Man 3.jpgAnt-Man 5.jpgAnt-Man 6.jpgAnt-Man 4.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone has an idea of how to do this effect for a real helmet let me know as soon as you can (because I want to make it for halloween)
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
(Click the picture to see the gif)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back