Definitive Ant-Man 2015 Costume Thread

Basically for the tubes. I took a Shop Vac, duct taped one end of the tube to the hose, filled a cup with puff paint, then repeatedly dipped half of the "head" of the clear tube into the cup to get a small amount of paint sucked up until the entire inner part of the tube was filled.

Concerning the pants and zippers. I believe there is a zipper directly down the spine underneath of the tubing (that's what I did)

The pants "could" be done as one piece. I broke mine in half so it was easier to put on. The belt covers the break between the tubing but gives the illusion that it is 1 tube from the shirt to the pants.

Thank you so much for all these stills and brain storming. :) I am doing my first build ever and i am really not sure why i started with such a hard build :) I now know the amount of time required. I have finished the helmet using ava foam, craft foam and handpainted using liquitex acrylics. I now have to work on the rest. 11822805_10153376048091558_2123621462299972658_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

11822900_10153376429201558_3764488985505532786_o.jpgim not sure if you have dollarama dollar stores in the states but i did find these cool led light strips with red button activator :) Should be cool to put in glove and lights to light up the middle belt :)

Thank you so much for all these stills and brain storming. :) I am doing my first build ever and i am really not sure why i started with such a hard build :) I now know the amount of time required. I have finished the helmet using ava foam, craft foam and handpainted using liquitex acrylics. I now have to work on the rest. View attachment 510528

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 510529im not sure if you have dollarama dollar stores in the states but i did find these cool led light strips with red button activator :) Should be cool to put in glove and lights to light up the middle belt :)

I saw your build thread. This is very awesome. I can't wait to see everything put together.

Unfortunately, my place doesn't have any dollarama dollar stores but I hope I can find something similar at a thrift store.

You guys are doing an amazing job with this research! Definitely subscribing as a friend and I are going to do Ant-Man and Yellow Jacket for a con next year.

This info may be useful for those going for an extremely accurate suit. It's from the Art Of Ant-Man book.
IMG_2567.jpg
Also, here's a good look at the final concept of the Wasp suit and helmet, for those wanting to build this one.
IMG_2571.jpgIMG_2572 (1).jpg

This info may be useful for those going for an extremely accurate suit. It's from the Art Of Ant-Man book.
View attachment 511518
Also, here's a good look at the final concept of the Wasp suit and helmet, for those wanting to build this one.
View attachment 511542View attachment 511543

All great information. I'm going to have to learn additional textile techniques later.

Also, has anyone been able to identify the shoes? They look like they're modded from pre-made shoes you can buy in stores but I could be wrong.

Hey everyone! I ordered a helmet off ebay from some china seller for around $130. I expected it to be mediocre, but it actually looks great! I also ordered the Ant-Man suit from Cosplaysky as a base suit that should get here sometime around this week. The accessories will definitely have to be replaced, probably making a foam belt. Ill keep ya updated!

DSC_0345.JPGDSC_0344.JPGDSC_0346.JPGDSC_0347.JPGDSC_0349.JPG$_12.JPG

Hey everyone! I ordered a helmet off ebay from some china seller for around $130. I expected it to be mediocre, but it actually looks great! I also ordered the Ant-Man suit from Cosplaysky as a base suit that should get here sometime around this week. The accessories will definitely have to be replaced, probably making a foam belt. Ill keep ya updated!

View attachment 512496View attachment 512495View attachment 512497View attachment 512498View attachment 512499View attachment 512500

I really like the top half. I wonder if it's possible to buy one without the pants

I also got a suit from a random Asian seller on aliexpress, and a helmet from therocketeer - going to be replacing the belt and wrists eventually, Also added some weathering to the suit with acrylic paint:
003.JPG

Last edited:
Neither guys, those were not for sale when I ordered mine :p, I had to make adjustments to get mine to fit, was a bit too small. And like i mentioned in the previous post I added the weathering myself - improved the look dramatically IMO

The jacket is really hard to get out of, I had to make major changes to resolve that, there's a small zipper in the back to make it looser for removal, we had to take it down almost all the way to the waist, and there were details in the way so we converted them into flaps :p. Also had to modify the gloves , the thumbs were placed way too close to the fingers. I would definitely say it's not perfect, but I'm happy with how it turned out, and how well it looks with my helmet. I just need to source some boots!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cust...n-party-costumes-for-presell/32374127603.html

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back