Where to get a metal full-sized Mauser C96 in the UK?

MacBeath

Hi
I've decided to finally try my hand at building a DL-44, but being in the UK, am having trouble finding a metal 1:1 scale broomhandled Mauser. The Denix is almost impossible to get without being in a reenactment group, but I don't mind it being luminous pink or whatever. However, the only ones I can find are the cheap 2/3 scale versions.

Am I simply looking in the wrong places or don't they exist?

Thanks
Doug

Thanks Marv - I did look at these but most dealers seem to want over £700 for them (though a few have sold for half that at auction).

That's sadly more than my budget, and if I did have that to spare, I'd probably try to get one of the better MR replicas.

Thanks again
Doug

Thanks all - I must just be being dim, as nothing like the above was turning up in Google, despite using several terms and drilling down 5 or 6 pages on each. Just sites wanting proof of membership of reenactments group etc.

Kurtyboy - life would have been easier if I'd picked one up from Wonderland way back when!

I'd still have to be a reenactment member or gun club member to purchase anything!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I don't know the details of the law in the UK but it says:

"
To Comply With The VCR Act Any Purchaser Must Be A Member Of A Re-Enactment Club Or Similar, Film Or Stage Production, Museum, Etc.

Or Guns Can Be Painted In A Bright Colour - Please Ask For Details."

The OR could be your way in.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't know the details of the law in the UK but it says:

"
To Comply With The VCR Act Any Purchaser Must Be A Member Of A Re-Enactment Club Or Similar, Film Or Stage Production, Museum, Etc.

Or Guns Can Be Painted In A Bright Colour - Please Ask For Details."

The OR could be your way in.
I'm going to try!!!! Problem is orange ones are usually plastic... Could ask them though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look in your local gunshop. .177 / 4.5mm air pistols are legal to own and buy and you don't need to be a member or a reenactment group or anything - just need ID but it has to be an over the counter sale. They're usually full metal and black.

The last Mauser i saw at my local gunshop was about £130 - can't tell you if it was a C96 though.

Buy a denix from Reliks, a U.K. based replica gun shop. They spray it luminous for a small fee but it’s super easy to remove.

http://www.relics.org.uk/mauser-c96-broomhandled-machine-pistol-2
Think I had an email back from them. It's expensive on their site and afaik a MK1 .. they are only £49.99 on other sites.. but I do need to get one at some point from somewhere!

Might have to settle for a doopys for now [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back