Very nice! Same here, I need to work on different thinks or I get blind for the details... Like Slamfist and Troglokhan as well!
Will send you some reference shots of Troglokhan I was lucky enough to find!
Keep up the good work!

Very nice! Same here, I need to work on different thinks or I get blind for the details... Like Slamfist and Troglokhan as well!
Will send you some reference shots of Troglokhan I was lucky enough to find!
Keep up the good work!

I know exactly how you feel. Thanks, I still haven't heard anything from "armyman" in regards to being able to meet up with him to get those images and measurments for butch but I'm not giving up. I'm trying to get a response from Mr. Joe Dante, the director for small soldiers to see if maybe he could assist in anyway so I'll let you know more once I have some info. And the reference for troglokhan would be extremely helpful as well. Your work replicating the commandos really inspired me to try replicating the gorgonites for sure :) maybe if all goes well I can send you a set of my gorgonites for a set of your commandos in the future, we can hope ;) have a good day my friend image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Not much to report, except the director for the small soldiers movie responded to a tweet I made to his official Twitter account in reguards to see if he has and would share some behind the scene material (photos/film) from his time working on small soldiers, in order to provide a bit more reference for my project of bringing the gorgonites back via sculpting since te original molds no longer exist. He responded with " Jok3r0314 I’ll have to dig through the archives at some point.." He then favorited the few images I sent him of my current head sculpts and archer body w.i.p. It may not seem like much but I'm hopeful he may have and share something that either I or "Desponds" may find useful in our respective ventures. Here's to possibilitie :) in the mean time I'm progressing on "punch it " head sculpt. Hope you enjoy :) image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgScratch it & insaniac are roughed out. Both have to be minimized a bit but I'm close to at least having all their heads in a line XD Stan Winston schools also like the other heads as well, I like that they seem pleased to see people are still very interested/obsessed about the awesome things they've done. I picked up another 4lbs of clay but silly me forgot the aluminum foil for filler :/ and now the snow is coming down prett hard so I'm stuck in at the moment. It's all good since I do see myself working on te rough forms of their respective body's. I'd like you hear all your remarks, likes and dislikes to better my self and my sculpts. Have a great day or night everyone:) not sure if I should but my wife suggested i as the option to allow anyone interested and would like to donate funds. So If anyone on the off chance would like to donate to my cause and help bring these guys to possible production, you could do that at my personal " patrion " account https://www.patreon.com/Jok3r0314 just thought I'd throw that option out there take care.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work! What helped me a lot were the Hasbro toys! You find them for pretty good prices on ebay and most of them come from the US, so you don't pay as lot of postage as I did ; ) the Gorgonite ones are pretty good, I bought Insaniac, and he's pretty close to the movie one (except for hight, that is). Like the way you twisted Insaniacs skin! Find that very hard each time, also for cloth foldings ;-)

Played with the hair a bit last night, molding those small things are gonna be a pain in the neck XD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 248
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 307
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 291
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 258
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 237
Great work! What helped me a lot were the Hasbro toys! You find them for pretty good prices on ebay and most of them come from the US, so you don't pay as lot of postage as I did ; ) the Gorgonite ones are pretty good, I bought Insaniac, and he's pretty close to the movie one (except for hight, that is). Like the way you twisted Insaniacs skin! Find that very hard each time, also for cloth foldings ;-)
I used to have them myself but my brothers were always destructive, my youngest brother gave one of them away to a friend of his :/ thanks man I'm glad you like the direction they are going, I'm working on his hair now which from the screen used puppets shows the hair, and hair in separate pieces and each strand of hair is then also seperated. Molding those are gonna be fun. The twisted skin is a part I'm concerned about in the long run but I'll keep at it. I took the same approach that I do when making folds &twinkles in clothes, I roll out small snakes/worms of Clay and lay it where I want it, then I use a ball stylus tool and pinch all the edges to the surface after that I use my fingers to smooth it out and go back with that same ball stylus to refine the shape a bit, after that I'll use a flat edge tool to add small lines

Last edited:
image.jpgimage.jpg Here's ocula in the rough, just have to rough out punch it's and troglokhan's torso then I can focus on limbs and finally details. I must say things are going smoothly :)

Like it a lot! Amazing how far you have come in such little time! I found some great reference pics of Ocula from all sides including feet mechanism etc. I will send them to you in a few minutes. Regarding Troglokhan: Forget his torso! When Archer is done, take of the leather straps off his torso, and you have Troglokhan's Torso! Troglokhan IS Archer, i.e. arms, legs (both without armor), upper body, abdomen, all is Archer. The head was created most probably from an expression head of Archer (you can see it on one of the photos of the expression heads I sent you). When I have made the last payments for the Archer and Nick Nitro expression heads, I will make a Troglokhan head immediately ;-) and post some pics!

Like it a lot! Amazing how far you have come in such little time! I found some great reference pics of Ocula from all sides including feet mechanism etc. I will send them to you in a few minutes. Regarding Troglokhan: Forget his torso! When Archer is done, take of the leather straps off his torso, and you have Troglokhan's Torso! Troglokhan IS Archer, i.e. arms, legs (both without armor), upper body, abdomen, all is Archer. The head was created most probably from an expression head of Archer (you can see it on one of the photos of the expression heads I sent you). When I have made the last payments for the Archer and Nick Nitro expression heads, I will make a Troglokhan head immediately ;-) and post some pics!

im glad you like what I've done so far. I have been working rather quickly by my standards :) my wife says I'm doing too much but I just can't help myself. The reference would be extremely helpful, I know I have to definitely reduce the body but that's not too difficult. I see what you mean about troglokhan and archers body builds, the legs and hands look to be drastically different when compared to archer but again that shouldn't be an issue, not sure when I'll be acquiring enough silicone to mold archer when he's done so I may just decide to sculpt troglokhan from scratch as well, but I'll cross that bridge after I rough out the body for punch it. I'm gonna check those images again for the expression heads. I look forward to seeing the awesome things you have in the works as well :) I sure wish I could obtain a few of those awesome head casts but I can settle for crudely replicating what I can

Last edited:
The legs are Archers without the leather/leaf or whatever covering. They have the same bend, length, everything... Did I send you the reference pics of Troglokhan already? You will get heads, don't worry, what about an exchange for the "box art"? In case you (or anyone else in the forum, that is) is good with graphic programs, I would love to get this box art thing moving forward. That can't be all that impossible. If someone can and will make a box of Brick Bazooka, Archer or Kip Killigan, I will make him or her an offer that cannot be refused ;-)

The legs are Archers without the leather/leaf or whatever covering. They have the same bend, length, everything... Did I send you the reference pics of Troglokhan already? You will get heads, don't worry, what about an exchange for the "box art"? In case you (or anyone else in the forum, that is) is good with graphic programs, I would love to get this box art thing moving forward. That can't be all that impossible. If someone can and will make a box of Brick Bazooka, Archer or Kip Killigan, I will make him or her an offer that cannot be refused ;-)

I haven't received te references yet for him but I'll defi take a closer look. As far as the boxes go I can definitely put something together with all the reference we have from the film I'm sure I can do justice with the front but as far as the back of the box when it comes to the text in not to sure what butch and kip's actually says. But as far as imaging, I'll definitely start tossing something's together to see what I can do for you. Mind me asking what the offer is and would it require me making all 3 boxes at once or would one at a time be ok?

i started playing around with the box art on my PC using the program sketch book pro. This is extremely early look at what I did in 45 mins so it does not reflect what the final product will look like. I also sketched out and made a mini mock up of the box ( gorgonite version since its reversed) using some pieces of cardboard. Very rough so again please excuse the lack of details, I just wanted to be able to show you that I'm serious on helping you out in your venture. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

You've got yourself a deal, Sir, keep up the good work!

im glad you like it. I will definitely keep you posted on the progress, I've taken loads of screenshots from the bluray and I intend to get as much detail as possible in this, I want you to be 100% satisfied with the final result my friend. I should be able to put a couple hours into it tonight maybe I'll have a rough shot of the sides, top,bottom & interior insert. Once all that is roughed out I should be able to get a rough sketch of the background that's on the back of the box before I start refining the details. I'm taking it easy on the sculpts due to lack of space and to prevent from running through my clay supply. It will keep me busy between sculpts :) and I'm enjoying the process as well. I wonder how many people thought about making these boxes out of necessity or just cause. Sorry for the many emails, I just get excited on the projects I work on. I hope you don't mind

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone here could help me out, I'm looking for these images in a higher resolution. They come from the collectible trading card set. To the beat of my knowledge, these are the images that are seen on the back of the commando box in th movie. I'd appreciate any help I can get.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Do you have the set of the cards? I have it and could send high re pics to you! But even better ones are in one of the books... You'll get them on monday. The office has a far better scanner ;-) Gonna buy my vacuum chamber today... finally...

Do you have the set of the cards? I have it and could send high re pics to you! But even better ones are in one of the books... You'll get them on monday. The office has a far better scanner ;-) Gonna buy my vacuum chamber today... finally...

i don't have the cards so the scans you could make would be extremely useful. As long as the images in the book aren't obscured by any text or logos then I could use those instead, the gorgonites as well if you have those too for my boxes :) awesome! A vacuum chamber is a must. I'm looking over those screenshots, the bluray versions I have don't seem too much clearer to be honest, If they are they're rather far away so you loose detail or something is in front obscuring it like a shelf or an arm. But I'll try finding closer ones. I'll give coloring them a shot but I have a hard time with color replication especially since I don't have any digital art tool like a drawing tablet or a drawing stylus so everything I do digitally is done with my compuer mouse. I'll send you those shots and see what you can do and we'll go from there :) we'll talk soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back