Thanks, Yeah the three main ones I'm modeling are archer, Chip, Scratch-it and Punch-it. doing my test run on scratch it because hes the easiest aside from his bloody teeth. i had to do him at a lightly larger scale he's going to stand at about 5 inches.. But it looks like in the movies they used 3 different sizes for scratch-it depending on the scene, tying to combine some aspects of all three.

the teeth are definitely a pain, I'm have been dreading both his and insaniacs teeth for a while. You are right, they used multiple figures of each and some were different sizes as well.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this here but if not I'm sure I'll just be asked to remove it, no biggie. But here goes, as you all know I have jumped in this venture to recreate the small soldiers for my kids. I have these skills, drive and motivation that is required to make this happen but the cost of materials (clay, glue, tools, silicone, resins just to name a few) is where I get stuck. I've recently started a 14 day fundraising campaign in hopes to obtain enough support to be able to purchase the required materials and specialty tools to make this possible. I uploaded my design (my jok3rs logo) and my Twitter handle. The way it works is anyone interested in helping would have to purchase a shirt at $20.00 (I don't see a penny until after 20 shirts are sold that's the minimum requirement to print the shirts initially) I would receive a specified amount from each shirt that which then would go to my cause. If the minimum amount of 20 shirts are not fulfilled anyone who orders a shies would be reimbursed the cost. So if you'd like to help me out and help bring the small soldiers back go to my booster page and think about picking up a shirt. If the shirt doesn't suit you that's ok too, just share the link around to see if we can build interest. I'd greatly appreciate it and again if I'm not allowed to post this pleas let me know I'll be more than happy to remove it. With that said here's the link (shirts come in men and women) http://www.booster.com/jok3rzcustoms image.jpg

Molds are looking good, I like that you're using two part molds, are you going to spin them for hollow figures?

Thanks. I think the 2 part molds are the best in most cases. I but labor intensive having to make those neat clay beds but it's worth it. I rotate my molds but I still cast them as solid resin, simply because I don't want weak spots, but I'm planning a build of a basic motor driven roto casting machine to mold future casts hollow. image.jpg

Damn dude that's really smart, I never thought of making one of those machines. Yeah casting can get expensive. especially with silicone. Generally when i cast things i will only do X amount with re-usable molding material like composimold. But i don't do it often.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting more green stuff today, So ill post scratch-it updates later. I like coming on here for inspiration.

Damn dude that's really smart, I never thought of making one of those machines. Yeah casting can get expensive. especially with silicone. Generally when i cast things i will only do X amount with re-usable molding material like composimold. But i don't do it often.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting more green stuff today, So ill post scratch-it updates later. I like coming on here for inspiration.

If I don't have something I need then I usually try to make it XD I've only ever used oomoo 30 and 25 I like the versatility to working with silicone. I've recently picked up some dragon skin silicone for an unrelated commission I'm working on for a friend. I'm glad my work an be a motivator and I can't wait to see more of your progress

scratch_2.jpgalmost everything is done except for the joint areas, got more do do on the sides of his head too once i get the joints working.

- - - Updated - - -

Same man! i even make my own furniture/ toothpaste / shampoo. Oh its a gift knowing how to make things XD.

View attachment 478006almost everything is done except for the joint areas, got more do do on the sides of his head too once i get the joints working.

- - - Updated - - -

Same man! i even make my own furniture/ toothpaste / shampoo. Oh its a gift knowing how to make things XD.

its coming along nicely. I see where the sides need a bit bulking up, also the eyes look like they should be a bit more recessed, I could be wrong. I look forward to seeing it complete :)

Scratch_1.jpgScratch_2.jpgScratch_3.jpgScratch_4.jpgScratch_5.jpg Scratch-It update. There's a few spots that aren't identical to the movie puppet, but over all I'm petty happy with the sculpt. Noe i just need to file down a few spots and the knee joints and insert some ball joints into his head/body thing. After that I'm going to cast him in resin.

View attachment 478343View attachment 478344View attachment 478345View attachment 478346View attachment 478347 Scratch-It update. There's a few spots that aren't identical to the movie puppet, but over all I'm petty happy with the sculpt. Noe i just need to file down a few spots and the knee joints and insert some ball joints into his head/body thing. After that I'm going to cast him in resin.

its looking great, I'm going to order some of that green stuff, I'm curious of its strength. Are you gonna sculpt his emblem on his back, Also what joints do you use?

I have a few Modibots that I'm scrapping for joints. You can also go on eBay and order Bulk action figure joints for cheap. like 50 joints for $20. I ordered an emblem from ebay that was casted from the original movie puppet and I'm going to make a caste of it. make sue you buy the 36" strip of greenstuff its the cheapest for the amount you get, its like $15 on Amazon

I'm probably using rivets for the non ball socket joints just like Stan Winstons crew did

- - - Updated - - -

This turned out to be daunting though, i can only imagine doing all of them and their boxes... Im probably moving on to archer next but that wont be for a few weeks.

I have a few Modibots that I'm scrapping for joints. You can also go on eBay and order Bulk action figure joints for cheap. like 50 joints for $20. I ordered an emblem from ebay that was casted from the original movie puppet and I'm going to make a caste of it. make sue you buy the 36" strip of greenstuff its the cheapest for the amount you get, its like $15 on Amazon

Just a head up that emblem on eBay is correct for the big figures but scratch its emblem is smaller, it may not work in your case, I know mines is too big for my scratch it. I ordered a few toy joints already but haven't gotten a chance to really mess with it. I've ordered more silicone so I'll be back to molding soon. In the mean time I'll mess with the casts to figure out everything. Also I ordered that "green stuff" the 36" like you suggested. Now it's just a waiting game for everything to come in the mail. I know what you mean, all these gorgonites at once is a bit crazy but I just got excited. The boxes definitely take things to the next level, I've learned so much in digital art because if it :)

True about the emblem. I was hoping it would fit because my scratch-it is probably a bit bigger than yours but who knows, If i can feel it and see it ill be able to sculpt it though. i forget, in the movie does scratch-it have his own box or is he with Punch-it? Also cant wait to see your stuff.

True about the emblem. I was hoping it would fit because my scratch-it is probably a bit bigger than yours but who knows, If i can feel it and see it ill be able to sculpt it though. i forget, in the movie does scratch-it have his own box or is he with Punch-it? Also cant wait to see your stuff.

Im the same way, if I could hold a piece I can definitely sculpt it better rather than referencing shots. Scratch it is punch its' companion and would have come in the same box as Pinch it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back