image.jpgimage.jpg Nice clean bubble free casts for ocula's feet :) very satisfying when taking these guys out of their mold and all is well

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg A huge thanks to howlrunner, your input has drastically changed slamfist face quite a bit for the better. Still have a lot of work left but I love how it's coming along :)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Once the paint is done it's going to look awesome! So you think I should recess his eyes a bit more? I haven't put as much time into troglokhan as I did slamfist but he's starting to take shape, don't mind the twilight poster in the back ( my wife is a fan ) and I couldn't resist tossing ocula into my prototype box XD things get more and more real every day :)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg My wife is still trying to zero in on the colors but I went ahead and picked up some cheap false eyelashes and quick fit them to see if that option would work and it seems like it does, just have to find the right pattern of lashes buts looking cooler everyday. Also picked up a sheet of polystyrene to try and pull a cleaner don't front display window.

Last edited:
I think it looks amazing!!! One thing I would change, however: I would try to get a fake eye and put it in... Then it would be perfect!

Thanks man that means a lot to me coming from you. I was thinking the same thing actually but since this ones only going to be my paint master I'll leave it as it is but I'll definitely consider putting in glass eyes in future casts :)

Last edited:
I've been trying to upload a few pics but my account is acting up on both my phone and my PC :/ hopefully things will change. In the mean time I'm waiting on some other type of false eyelashes to see if they fit Ocula better. And I'm waiting on my hasbro 12" chip and archer to arrive.

finally it let upload the pics, these boxes are very very early prototypes in order to get everything figured out. the final product will be much more cleaner. ive also started work on the layout of the gorgonites box art, dont mind the crappy image (my pc didnt want to work with me) and the circuit pattern is just a place holder untill i can make a better solution.image2.JPGimage1.JPGimage6.JPGimage5.JPGimage4.JPGimage3.JPG

Haven't had time to sit and sculpt but stiles white spoke to me yesterday and informed me that he went ahead and sent a message to a few of his contacts over at legacy FX, to my understanding they took on the work from Stan Winston studios when they got out of the effects business, in hopes of helping me out with some form
of reference either pics of the sculpts or images and text used for the box art for the characters. I'm concerned because I've already spoken to Steven Munson who works for legacy effects (formally archivist for Stan Winston studios) and he told me that unfortunately he couldn't help me with anything regarding work done for Stan Winston studios but John rosengrant (chip hazzard'a sculptor ) appreciates my efforts. If nothing comes from this I'm still very happy that he's gone out of his way to try and help me out in my venture. Hopefully I can put some time into troglokhan, looks like he'll be the next onto the molding phase and I'm running low on silicone so that's another issue but I'll figure things out.

This is AWESOME!!! You really put a lot of effort in these contacts! The contact I'm getting the expression heads from (last down payment finally to be done this week...) is also taking a look around... It's amazing how detailed these creatures actually are... I'm still trying to find out what they used to make the guns, must have a lot of kitbashing involved... Will be hard to impossible, however, to find the original kit parts... unless guys like the ones that tracked the parts in the endoskull are still around ;-)

This is AWESOME!!! You really put a lot of effort in these contacts! The contact I'm getting the expression heads from (last down payment finally to be done this week...) is also taking a look around... It's amazing how detailed these creatures actually are... I'm still trying to find out what they used to make the guns, must have a lot of kitbashing involved... Will be hard to impossible, however, to find the original kit parts... unless guys like the ones that tracked the parts in the endoskull are still around ;-)

I'm thrilled myself to be honest, I never would have thought that i'd be getting any type of recognition from the ones involved with the film let alone direct responses or assistance for that matter, just seems pretty cool. That's cool, I suppose I'll have to tackle my own expression head somewhere down the line :) I'm really hope we can get a hold of something tangible from our contacts. You are too true, the detail is just so awesome and tricky to replicate but I will do my best and I've been thinking about the guns myself, to build from scratch is gonna be a pain for sure. Have you made any progress on the art? I've put my drawings on as a place holder until we get to where we need to be and of course my text on the boxes for each character aren't exact either but I just wanted to get a sense of what they look, I can't wait to print one of these and apply it to my box, it's gonna look so hardcore.

I don't understand why I have so many issues uploading images from my iPhone lately. I've wanted to update my small progress on slamfist and troglokhan also I've got both 12" versions of archer and chip hazzard which store still pretty neat. I like the head sculpt on te Kenner chip (fabric cloth) but archer, more of a "what not to do" for mine.

If you have the usual 12", yeah, he's not a great sculpt, but the 12" talking electronic Archer is a nice sculpt IMO. The Chip head is a pretty good sculpt, but it needs widened at the temples and jaw.

If you have the usual 12", yeah, he's not a great sculpt, but the 12" talking electronic Archer is a nice sculpt IMO. The Chip head is a pretty good sculpt, but it needs widened at the temples and jaw.

I have both versions of each, and I agree the talking archer is great all around. I like the talking chip over the other one but his head looks better, the talking chips head seem elongated a bit but maybe it's just my eyes XD.

image.jpgimage.jpg went ahead a sketched up a second draft of troglokhan, I hope by using a jot touch I can get a better result then using my PC mouse. We'll see how it goes :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back