Show your custom Lightsabers!

What do you guys think about the custom saber shop?

This next lightsaber has also been made with parts collected from the custom saber shop by the maker . . . though when purchased via ebay it was already complete and nicely weathered, it's the only lightsaber that I wanted to take with me to Celebration II in Essen along with an OB1 style robe :

OB3Lightsaber-01_zpsc166c5c0.jpg

Chaim

thanks! I love your lightsabers. flash and camera peices fit so well. i wish i had as many parts to build lightsabers out of as you. its so hard to find old camera flashes in England. but there is a lovely old vintage shop near where i live. that has a massive amount dedicated to broken Cameras.

thanks! I love your lightsabers. flash and camera peices fit so well. i wish i had as many parts to build lightsabers out of as you. its so hard to find old camera flashes in England. but there is a lovely old vintage shop near where i live. that has a massive amount dedicated to broken Cameras.

Try eBay-- Canons and Graflexes are overpriced-- but I've had a lot of luck with weirdo, off brand ******* flashes. In fact- here's a new one!

After doing my V2 and getting a 2.0 AND a Roman's OWK I've been so busy playing with and tweaking them that I haven't gone back to my favorite custom game. So here's my lastest.

I'm continuing my theme of buying TCSS parts, assembling a saber, not liking the machined look, so adding the parts to a short / 2 cell flash instead.

lithe.jpg
lithe2.jpg
lithe3.jpg

I can list parts if anyone is dying to know...

Letiz flash (found cheap!)
TCSS t track
"gear" and emitter are TCSS parts
bubble strip from some random old calculator
edge card, knob, and d-ring left over from my 2.0

I cannot get enough of this thread - so much fun.

Getting ready to do a budget build of my own, couldn't wait to snap some quick photos.
Flash is an unmarked one, and is not full size, but it was super cheap - $7.50 plus shipping off eBay.
Got a sink tube & plug to function as the bottom half. I also have some aluminum U track for the grips, just need to cut them down.
The bubble strips and circuit board are from a TI-1200 ($0.99 plus shipping off eBay) and some other random 70's calculator that my mom had lying around that I got free.
I need a clamp (if anybody has a spare that you don't want *laughter*, PM me). I might build one if it comes to that.
3PO shown for scale haha.

IMG_2373.jpgIMG_2374.jpg

Nice! I love builds like that. I never think of sink tubes since I'm trying not to go hardware saber anymore-- but as a lower half to one of those cheap and ubiquitous extension units is a great idea. Should be cool.

As for clamps- watch the junkyard for repros, jump in on a pre-order for one of Roman's blank graflex dupes, get a graflex dupe from Roman (I think they're in stock), or grab another off brand flash unit that has a clamp! There's of various versions out there.

I was dying to know (but was to scared to ask)

Never be scared! I love telling! I always ask other people. Nothing cooler to me than a custom saber and I love to know other people's tricks.

I'm planning on making a graflex from scratch. As I'm only young I'm tight for money. I've got an idea and need some tips on making the overall look. I will get. Some bits from the CustomSaber shop. I don't know where to get a Graflex Clamp From.

I have a Luston flash tube sitting here that's too short. I'd love to slip some luke ROTJ parts in there and make a flash/grenade/balance pipe saber...anyone know where I can find luke rotj parts that are seperate?

I'm planning on making a graflex from scratch. As I'm only young I'm tight for money. I've got an idea and need some tips on making the overall look. I will get. Some bits from the CustomSaber shop. I don't know where to get a Graflex Clamp From.

If you're handy at all... I've used this in the past...

http://www.tk560.com/jegner/Graflex-replica.pdf

I used it to make this:

14302082522_d6f5fca8d5_c.jpg

So I didn't need to do any of the eye or rabbit ears, but still, if you can use basic tools, you can get pretty close to this.

Wow thanks. Just had a look. I will have a go. I may have to ask my school if I can use some tools. ( My friend has a dremil tool) looks hard. It will hopefully look good. As I do tend to be a bit of a perfectionist.

I have a Luston flash tube sitting here that's too short. I'd love to slip some luke ROTJ parts in there and make a flash/grenade/balance pipe saber...anyone know where I can find luke rotj parts that are seperate?

How Luke do you wanna get? TCSS and saberforge have upper parts that are pretty close. There's also a guy on eBay that makes not very accurate, but reasonably close parts that are individual metal pieces. He says you have to weld yourself-- but maybe jb weld or set screws can do the trick? If you search "lightsaber parts" he;ll come up. I think a couple people here have bought a few random parts for him. Again-- inaccurate, but great for custom work.

Wow thanks. Just had a look. I will have a go. I may have to ask my school if I can use some tools. ( My friend has a dremil tool) looks hard. It will hopefully look good. As I do tend to be a bit of a perfectionist.

It's not as hard as it looks... I used a sink pipe, and it came out pretty good. I borrowed a dremel, I had never used before, and it went well.

as for the ears and clamp, well that I didn't do, but you could always get a replica clamp, (one in the junkyard right now for around 30) and file down the nubs on it so it slide right on.

Ears? good luck, heh. I lucked out only needing the body for the ROTJ vader version, so I didn't have to deal with the bunny ears/bulb holder.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back