Page 1 of 77 1234561151 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Illinois, United States
    Jan 22, 2015, 8:37 PM - Show your custom Lightsabers! #1

Hey guys,

So since Star Wars: The Force Awakens is coming this December, I've been getting back into lightsabers again.

I really enjoyed the lightsabers from the movies like Anakin's/Luke's lightsaber, Mace Windu's lightsaber, and especially Obi Wan's lightsaber from TPM and AOTC.
    But from this, I've been looking at lightsabers made from fans like Vader's Vault, Genesis Custom Sabers, and Parks Sabers.

So I want to see what the lovely people from The RPF has come up with for their custom saber. And hey! Your guys' designs may spark more people to make their own sabers, just in time for episode 7.

Jimmy
    Jan 22, 2015, 8:49 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #2

I remember seeing a really cool white Stormtrooper one. I wish I could remember from where, I think it was here, so I could buy one.
    From
    Illinois, United States
    Jan 22, 2015, 8:55 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #3

Verbal21 said: View Post
    I remember seeing a really cool white Stormtrooper one. I wish I could remember from where, I think it was here, so I could buy one.
    This one?:
    Jan 22, 2015, 8:57 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #4

Yes, it was. Do you know where I can get one?
    From
    Illinois, United States
    Jan 22, 2015, 9:00 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #5

Verbal21 said: View Post
    Yes, it was. Do you know where I can get one?
    This is the forum thread of the guy who sold them, but this was from a while back and he is not selling them anymore. But maybe you contact him for a personal order:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index...4384#msg554384
    From
    A PLACE WHERE ONLY I CAN GO
    Jan 22, 2015, 9:04 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #6

here is my custom saber , I call her " THE KAREN ", named after my fiance' that passed away 7 years ago

build specs are as follows,
    main led: Seoul P4 190 lm
    blade holder: tcss ep3 aluminum
    driver/sound card: CFSC 4.0, 6 sound banks
    power: 7.2v Ni-Hm 6 cell rechargeable with recharge port in pommel w/ kill key
    switch: SPST
    accents: 4 green 5mm sequencing programmable via CFSC
    low batt indicator: single 5mm red led
    speaker: 1 watt high output 1.125 inch
    paint: krylon hammered bronze and krylon gold

here is a vid of her functioning( the sound is way off and the vid is , you'll see) :

http://vid646.photobucket.com/albums...h/DSCI0152.mp4
    Last edited by vidman; Jan 23, 2015 at 3:36 AM.
    From
    Illinois, United States
    Jan 22, 2015, 9:08 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #7

vidman said: View Post
    here is my custom saber

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...KARENSABER.jpg

I call her THE KAREN named after my fiance' that passed away 7 years ago
    Looks very nice, what is the main body made out of? I was thinking brass or copper but from the picture it looks like it has more texture than brass and copper piping.

Also I am sorry for your loss.
    From
    Jan 22, 2015, 9:18 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #8

GreenCircleCube said: View Post
    Looks very nice, what is the main body made out of? I was thinking brass or copper but from the picture it looks like it has more texture than brass and copper piping.

Also I am sorry for your loss.
    Thanks GreenCircleCube,
    actually it started out life as an EP3 Anakin saber, I used krylon hammered bronze and krylon gold for the accents.

If you klik on the picture and then on " Kal_El_Rah's Bucket " on the upper left corner under where it say " Applications " you can see most of the build, my pb account is open for viewing .
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Jan 23, 2015, 1:03 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #9

Here's my purchased custom saber, which I took with me when I joined the CREW of Star Wars Celebration Europe II in Essen :

The only greeblies I added were the T-track and a 1" matt white roller ball from a deodorant bottle trapped inside with gaffer tape and the
    blade retainer screw to prevent blinding other participants whilest showing of the light and sound fx without a proper blade attached to it :

... the weathering was all done by the previous owner/maker ... it contains pre-made parts that can be purchased seperately at The Custom Saber Shop

Chaim
    From
    Düsseldorf - Germany
    Jan 23, 2015, 2:37 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #10

It's just a custom Mara Jade lightsaber but I think I could post it here. It's no real movie prop though Completely from scratch and with a custom crystal chamber.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mara Jade 44.jpg 
Views:	761 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	429753 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mara Jade 78.jpg 
Views:	844 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	429754

Name:	Mara Jade 81.jpg 
Views:	595 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	429756

Sym-Cha said: View Post

The only greeblies I added were the T-track and a 1" matt white roller ball from a deodorant bottle trapped inside with gaffer tape and the
    blade retainer screw to prevent blinding other participants whilest showing of the light and sound fx without a proper blade attached to it :

Chaim

I really like the way you used the T-track around the switch. The two small parts above and underneath the switch add so much to the look.
    From
    Jan 23, 2015, 3:25 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #11

here is another 1 I
    m working on, it's a Aniken AOTC MR I'm converting to a Sith style with a red/orange 3 watt led , US2.5 sound/driver and the standard rest for power, switch etc.

the start

and after paint but not assembled
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Jan 23, 2015, 3:26 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #12

Luke the Belter said: View Post
    I really like the way you used the T-track around the switch. The two small parts above and underneath the switch add so much to the look.
    Thanks, mate. If only you knew how many T-track I sacrifized to get it to look so clean and prestine T-tracks have a curve on the end and straight cut on the front :

Chaim
    Last edited by Sym-Cha; Jan 23, 2015 at 3:32 AM.
    From
    Jan 23, 2015, 3:53 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #13

your t trac trick slipped by my mind , I was thinking before that looks neat but didn't register till you guys said it
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Jan 23, 2015, 4:09 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #14

Thanks vidman and the real trick is that those tiny pieces of T-track sit a-symmetrical on the switch ... that's what I love about STAR WARS ... it's rustic, weathered, uneven and looks used ... a lot!

Chaim
    From
    Indiana
    Jan 23, 2015, 8:08 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #15

Here's a Jedi lightsaber I made a couple years ago for a short fan film that was set in the time of the Old Republic, hence the wooden handles. It's only a film prop so no electronics or intricate detailing. It has a cavity with a threaded collar at its base for a 3/4" wood dowel to be inserted for the blade, like a pool cue. Fun project!

More pics: http://www.kretschmerkreativ.com/arc...aber-star-wars
    and https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9316034&type=3

Name:	ST-TOR Jedi Lightsaber.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	651.1 KB 
ID:	429829
    Fan film at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKMcML3NhKQ
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Jan 23, 2015, 8:26 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #16

That was a fun fan film indeed ... perhaps a Wookie could have assembled that wooden based saber in Ep. VII ... returning from Kashyyyk

Chaim
  17. Member Since
    Dec 2001
    From
    Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
    Jan 23, 2015, 2:05 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #17

That's a beauty Chaim ! It has all the gritty in-universe realism one could want. I love it !
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Jan 23, 2015, 3:33 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #18

Yeah I love it too ... the kids at SW CE II in Essen were quite impressed ... especially after I told them mine would have an actual light-beam, of course after igniting ... it did not ... hilarious to watch their faces in anticipated suspence of the beam with a straight face obviously ... luckily the sound fx are quite loud ... so I apologized politely since it must be malfunctioning . . . and I would have to run some level 3 diagnostics ... then I pointed the saber, like Luke, to check the inside from the front of the saber. Thank goodness for the extra addition of my cover-top ball from my deodorant bottle

Chaim
  19. RPF Premium Member NeoRutty's Avatar
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    Jan 23, 2015, 3:51 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #19

My first custom will forever be hidden... Well.. you could probably just go to home depot plumbing section and randomly glue stuff together and get the same thing...

but I do have plans for a custom...

If anyone has any Graflex slave unites (they are just the top part of the saber) PM ME! (cuz I don't think anyone really looks at the WTB section of junkyard)
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    Jan 23, 2015, 7:31 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #20

These were made around 2000, so don't judge!

This was made out of a 2 cell Heiland (I think) and a Graflex Slave. The idea was to have an ergonomic grip that fit your hand. I've got a better idea for the slave so this one will change.

Also made out of a 2 cell Heiland. I will probably redo this one eventually too.

I did this one right around 2001. I figured that the lightsaber needed some color so made some details gold. That was before the Mace lightsaber too.

From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Jan 23, 2015, 7:49 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #21

Jason, I love that second one! Real streamlined, it just works
    and i think that is a great looking slave saber. I've seen people do crazy things with those.

Lets see if I can find some of mine...

Name:	DSCN1186.JPG 
Views:	328 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	430024
    this is a custom Bolsey...it started as a Yoda and i got carried away

Name:	DSCN1725.JPG 
Views:	247 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	430027Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1726.JPG 
Views:	202 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	430028
    this i made from clock parts and a flashlight...very minimalist... tactical even.
    From
    Terrebonne, OR U.S.A.
    Jan 23, 2015, 8:53 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #22

Hmm. Do BMX handlebar grips nailed to a painted, wooden broom handle count as a custom lightsaber? If so, that would be my first (second, third, fourth, etc.) custom saber from when I was a kid. Had a lot of fun with those back in the day. For the most part I skipped the hardware saber thing but did make this one from PVC when I was in my 20's.

Here's the first custom machined aluminum saber I ever bought. It was made by RLSA Sabers.

... and here's first custom saber I commissioned, also by RLSA Sabers. It has two blade holders, one for a 3/4" dia. blade and one for a 1" dia. blade.

I still have both of those RLSA hilts.

Here's the first machined aluminum saber I built by myself

I've made quite a few sabers since then, though not as much as some of the more well known saber smiths and never for myself... except for one which I made last year. I call it Nifo'oti. It's based off of a Samoan fire knife. It's currently undergoing some modifications as I decided to change some things up on it but here is what it looked like...

Last edited by ARKM; Mar 11, 2017 at 1:29 AM.
    From
    Illinois, United States
    Jan 23, 2015, 10:57 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #23

ARKM said: View Post
    Hmm. Do BMX handlebar grips nailed to a painted, wooden broom handle count as a custom lightsaber? If so, that would be my first (second, third, fourth, etc.) custom saber from when I was a kid. Had a lot of fun with those back in the day. For the most part I skipped the hardware saber thing but did make this one from PVC when I was in my 20's.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...t.jpg~original

Here's the first custom machined aluminum saber I ever bought. It was made by RLSA Sabers.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...3.jpg~original

... and here's first custom saber I commissioned, also by RLSA Sabers. It has two blade holders, one for a 3/4" dia. blade and one for a 1" dia. blade.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...t.jpg~original

I still have both of those RLSA hilts.

Here's the first machined aluminum saber I built by myself

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...1.jpg~original

I've made quite a few sabers since then, though not as much as some of the more well known saber smiths and never for myself... except for one which I made last year. I call it Nifo'oti. It's based off of a Samoan fire knife. It's currently undergoing some modifications as I decided to change some things up on it but here is what it looked like...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ti_Beta-01.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ti_Beta-08.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ti_Beta-09.jpg

Those look fantastic man! Beautiful work. I'm planning on building a custom saber for myself out of styrofoam and then either metal cast it or just make a regular resin casting. I do want to put electronics in it so does anybody know which way is better to work with to make it have electronics?
    From
    Terrebonne, OR U.S.A.
    Jan 23, 2015, 11:08 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #24

Thanks.

I've never done any casting but I would imagine that the hard part is making something cast, hollow. I'm thinking that you would want it to be hollow when cast, as doing it afterwards could damage the material. If you have at least a 1" I.D., you could use a Plecter Labs Nano Biscotte sound board, 18500 or 18650 battery, a multi die Rebel or Cree LED and a 1" dia. Solo's Hold or TCSS heat sink module.
    Last edited by ARKM; Apr 3, 2015 at 2:50 PM.
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Jan 24, 2015, 8:50 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #25

Some awesome custom sabers, you guys ... great skills and talent

Chaim