Show your custom Lightsabers!

One of the best ever. Thanks for sharing. With monitor settings adjusted to get get a blue steel look is also cool, no pun intended.
I am a big fan of Madcow from Genesis Custom sabers. In photoshop... I graphically took some of his saber designs ideas and combined them into my favorite genesis custom saber design. Now I just need to save my pennies and get on his list to have him build it for me. :cool

View attachment 764455View attachment 764454

Do you think this stuff matches the severed hand saber's fake clamp box?

Can you please post a pic, not sure what you mean and will gladly take a look.

ahh I know what you mean now I've just seen one for sale in the JR, not sure on the correct size but with a little bit of cutting and filing you could achieve a similar look

I will give it a go and put it on my no2 saber

Last edited:
Remember how way back in the day it was thought that Obi's saber was made with some vintage motorcycle grip?

Well I found myself walking by a parked Harley the other day and got dang if its handles didn't look like lightsaber grips.

So I bought a set and made one into a new custom...

cycle1.jpg
cycle2.jpg
cycle3.jpg

Of the grip? No idea-- I just eBayed until I found the one I saw for a not-ridiculous price. It was $25 for a pair. So expect to see another one...

The middle section is the end piece of a different style motorcycle grip. The upper body is a Graflite extension. The clamp is some weirdo Heiland piece. The thin-neck assembly and emitter is built from a 1/4" neck adapter, some shower flange pieces, a sliding door runner wheel, a Canon Y bulb socket part, and another 1/4" adapter. The whole thing is assembled on a 1/4" rod.

Remember how way back in the day it was thought that Obi's saber was made with some vintage motorcycle grip?

Well I found myself walking by a parked Harley the other day and got dang if its handles didn't look like lightsaber grips.

So I bought a set and made one into a new custom...

Great use of the grip and graflite extension! There's a chain of burrito restaurants that uses the same grip on the door of one of their locations near me and every time I see it I think how it would be great for a custom saber. Well done! :)

I made my sabers clamp area look a little more graflex like. Made a lever from aluminum sheet and anail as the pin. Glued on with epoxy.

I like the way yours is coming together, I love the shape of the faux grenade section but the fact that it's plastic just doesn't feel right.

The middle section is the end piece of a different style motorcycle grip.
It almost looks like a large spool, or frame slider base. Do you have any more information on where you found it that you could share? Does it have a hole straight through it or are there any cavities/steps inside it that make it more hollow? And lastly, is it threaded on the ends?

These look like they'd make some neat lightsabers, but they're a bit pricey...
GRIPS - ARLEN NESS - COMFORT GRIPS - I-5001 - 01.jpg

Crystal Chamber anyone?...
GRIPS - ARLEN NESS - DEEP CUT COMFORT GRIPS - M-1051 - 01.jpg

It almost looks like a large spool, or frame slider base. Do you have any more information on where you found it that you could share? Does it have a hole straight through it or are there any cavities/steps inside it that make it more hollow? And lastly, is it threaded on the ends?

I can't find the ones I bought now, but they were very similar to this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE...ash=item2389dfd877:g:swcAAOSw-kdXz4Cl&vxp=mtr

I pulled apart the rubber grip and loosened that bolt in the end. It wasn't threaded, just a bolt and nut. It was 7/8 so the 1/4" rod I put through cleared fine.

I used the same piece from the other grip of the pair as an emitter on this saber:

canon_snub3.jpg
canon_snub2.jpg

The one I posted yesterday had a solid end that I drilled through and tapped for the 1/4" rod.

Hey SethS ! If you bought them on ebay it'd be in your "Purchase History" ;)

I'm still a little confused on the part I like though. Are you saying the part in the middle here is two pieces? It looks solid to me.

LIGHTSABER - SethS - Motorcycle Grip Parts - 01.PNG

LIGHTSABER - SethS - Motorcycle Grip Parts - 02.PNG

If you have a set of calipers lying around, I'd love to know its outter diameter. I'm looking for a part like that for a chassis build and I'm curious if something like that will fit where I need it to. Thanks if you can!

Last edited by a moderator:
No-- it was the other end. The decorative end of the motorcycle grip. It's one piece, the bolt just kept it attached to the rest of the grip.

I do have this pic of a different arrangement of that last saber I was trying out.

end.jpg

Ignore the red outlined part-- I added that. The rest you can see. This was the end of the motorcycle grip. All one piece. The lower half is the middle of the last saber I posted.

EDIT:

found them:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE...m282d96774a:m:m-_jfkIMBN00F-PpyEdWfuA&vxp=mtr

Hey SethS ! FORCETACULAR! Now I get it. I've never seen a grip constructed like that before, and I've seen a few grips. Looks like China is pumping out some crazy looking stuff these days!

Thank you for the link! So many colors, which one to choose?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back