Show your custom Lightsabers!

GreenCircleCube

Hey guys,

So since Star Wars: The Force Awakens is coming this December, I've been getting back into lightsabers again.

I really enjoyed the lightsabers from the movies like Anakin's/Luke's lightsaber, Mace Windu's lightsaber, and especially Obi Wan's lightsaber from TPM and AOTC.
But from this, I've been looking at lightsabers made from fans like Vader's Vault, Genesis Custom Sabers, and Parks Sabers.

So I want to see what the lovely people from The RPF has come up with for their custom saber. And hey! Your guys' designs may spark more people to make their own sabers, just in time for episode 7.

Jimmy

I remember seeing a really cool white Stormtrooper one. I wish I could remember from where, I think it was here, so I could buy one.

I remember seeing a really cool white Stormtrooper one. I wish I could remember from where, I think it was here, so I could buy one.

This one?:
CTSaber1.jpg

here is my custom saber , I call her " THE KAREN ", named after my fiance' that passed away 7 years ago

build specs are as follows,
main led: Seoul P4 190 lm
blade holder: tcss ep3 aluminum
driver/sound card: CFSC 4.0, 6 sound banks
power: 7.2v Ni-Hm 6 cell rechargeable with recharge port in pommel w/ kill key
switch: SPST
accents: 4 green 5mm sequencing programmable via CFSC
low batt indicator: single 5mm red led
speaker: 1 watt high output 1.125 inch
paint: krylon hammered bronze and krylon gold

here is a vid of her functioning( the sound is way off and the vid is , you'll see) :

http://vid646.photobucket.com/albums/uu190/Kal_El_Rah/DSCI0152.mp4

Last edited:
Looks very nice, what is the main body made out of? I was thinking brass or copper but from the picture it looks like it has more texture than brass and copper piping.

Also I am sorry for your loss.

Thanks GreenCircleCube,
actually it started out life as an EP3 Anakin saber, I used krylon hammered bronze and krylon gold for the accents.

If you klik on the picture and then on " Kal_El_Rah's Bucket " on the upper left corner under where it say " Applications " you can see most of the build, my pb account is open for viewing .

Here's my purchased custom saber, which I took with me when I joined the CREW of Star Wars Celebration Europe II in Essen :

OB3Lightsaber-01_zpsc166c5c0.JPG

The only greeblies I added were the T-track and a 1" matt white roller ball from a deodorant bottle trapped inside with gaffer tape and the
blade retainer screw to prevent blinding other participants whilest showing of the light and sound fx without a proper blade attached to it :

OB3Lightsaber-03_zps54367f2b.JPG

... the weathering was all done by the previous owner/maker ... it contains pre-made parts that can be purchased seperately at The Custom Saber Shop :)

Chaim

Last edited:
It's just a custom Mara Jade lightsaber but I think I could post it here. It's no real movie prop though;) Completely from scratch and with a custom crystal chamber.

Mara Jade 44.jpg Mara Jade 78.jpg

Mara Jade 81.jpg

The only greeblies I added were the T-track and a 1" matt white roller ball from a deodorant bottle trapped inside with gaffer tape and the
blade retainer screw to prevent blinding other participants whilest showing of the light and sound fx without a proper blade attached to it :

Chaim

I really like the way you used the T-track around the switch. The two small parts above and underneath the switch add so much to the look.

Thanks vidman and the real trick is that those tiny pieces of T-track sit a-symmetrical on the switch ... that's what I love about STAR WARS ... it's rustic, weathered, uneven and looks used ... a lot! :)

Chaim

Here's a Jedi lightsaber I made a couple years ago for a short fan film that was set in the time of the Old Republic, hence the wooden handles. It's only a film prop so no electronics or intricate detailing. It has a cavity with a threaded collar at its base for a 3/4" wood dowel to be inserted for the blade, like a pool cue. Fun project!

More pics: http://www.kretschmerkreativ.com/archives/2014/12/4/jedi-lightsaber-star-wars
and https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1514839588787860.1073741832.1509557849316034&type=3
ST-TOR Jedi Lightsaber.jpg
Fan film at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKMcML3NhKQ

That was a fun fan film indeed ... perhaps a Wookie could have assembled that wooden based saber in Ep. VII ... returning from Kashyyyk :)

Chaim

Yeah I love it too ... the kids at SW CE II in Essen were quite impressed ... especially after I told them mine would have an actual light-beam, of course after igniting ... it did not ... hilarious to watch their faces in anticipated suspence of the beam with a straight face obviously ... luckily the sound fx are quite loud ... so I apologized politely since it must be malfunctioning . . . and I would have to run some level 3 diagnostics ... then I pointed the saber, like Luke, to check the inside from the front of the saber. Thank goodness for the extra addition of my cover-top ball from my deodorant bottle :wacko

Chaim

My first custom will forever be hidden... Well.. you could probably just go to home depot plumbing section and randomly glue stuff together and get the same thing...

but I do have plans for a custom...

If anyone has any Graflex slave unites (they are just the top part of the saber) PM ME! (cuz I don't think anyone really looks at the WTB section of junkyard)

These were made around 2000, so don't judge! :lol

This was made out of a 2 cell Heiland (I think) and a Graflex Slave. The idea was to have an ergonomic grip that fit your hand. I've got a better idea for the slave so this one will change.
HqwahDD.jpg

xKKMLMY.jpg

Also made out of a 2 cell Heiland. I will probably redo this one eventually too.
mONaMH9.jpg

L6cJSPj.jpg

I did this one right around 2001. I figured that the lightsaber needed some color so made some details gold. That was before the Mace lightsaber too.
hyu2DaQ.jpg

EsBeNNA.jpg

VOtRwbs.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back