Show your custom Lightsabers!

Thank you!

I also did this build more recently as a goofy afternoon project. Not a legit saber, but you guys might get a kick out of it. I call it the Foamflex, made out of cardboard and EVA foam scraps from other projects and painted up.
View attachment 726526View attachment 726525View attachment 726524
Progress pics:
View attachment 726529View attachment 726528View attachment 726527

I'm not going to lie, I actually prefer this one to your "found parts" lightsaber. [emoji23] Reminds me of how I make a lot of my builds, I might give this a go at some point.

Nice work!

Here's a new one I'm working on. It's a plumbing tube with a Peak clamp around it and an Abbey underneath the clamp. I tapped one of the holes up top and got that thumb screw on it. I still need to find something for the emmiter and possibly some grips but I want to keep it simple.
IMG_3268_zpshaoxcrbd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's my YouTube Channel of all my builds so far! Posted my favorite, feel free to watch, like, subscribe and comment on the others as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my progress on that Abbey flash base saber I have been working on. I built a piece made of metal flat bar that could attach onto the Peak flash and attached some clear door bumbers. They're a lot bigger than the calculator bubble strips but I think they look alright. I'm still working on giving this build some final touches and I may end up taking off the grips.
IMG_3310_zpsbxomtem6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3311_zpsnf2mgr0y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's my progress on that Abbey flash base saber I have been working on. I built a piece made of metal flat bar that could attach onto the Peak flash and attached some clear door bumbers. They're a lot bigger than the calculator bubble strips but I think they look alright. I'm still working on giving this build some final touches and I may end up taking off the grips.
URL]

URL]

The bubble strip looks good. If it were me I'd try some templates of the grips with curved ends rather that square, with a similar radius to the bubbles. Occasionally I see hand grips like yours attached without rivet or screws. What glue do you use for that?

Anyone ever cut the angled top part of the stubby stepped shroud down to the step? That might be a cool different, but familiar look...

7cc1b5adbf5676e095b1dfa901e91a4e.jpg

After starting and stopping two other sabers at the group build with SethS and AnubisGuard, this is where I ended up. Heiland with Zeiss shroud. Canon parts and a coaxial cable connector for the emitter. Wrong Kobold d-ring bracket, and some random calc bubbles & PCB w/ another Canon greeblie for good measure. Time to start thinking about grips...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 7cc1b5adbf5676e095b1dfa901e91a4e.jpg
    7cc1b5adbf5676e095b1dfa901e91a4e.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
Been feeling energized on sabers after the group build last weekend. Got home from work today and dove back into them. I've had a 2-cell DMB for a while that I didn't really know what to do with. Last night I took a beat up King Sol, gutted it, and brushed it with some scotch-brite. The idea was to make an extension for the DMB, but one that fit it at the top, not the bottom.

1qFN7jP.jpg

Matched the slots with my dremel.

YzaVUBy.jpg

It worked!

NHdmomO.jpg

It's a real beast now.

48O6ggF.jpg

Maybe too long, even. I'm not sure. I like the Peak clamp on there, though! Definitely still a work in progress, but moving in the right direction.

I also got a little work in on this Sol. Cut-off Heiland shroud, replica bubblestrip, w/ real tan Exactra PCB underneath.

vvR9hxb.jpg

I like the thin Heiland clamps pushed together. Had to notch the bubbles & pcb to get them to sit under that little arm.

And the current work-in progress lineup:

dJ380wz.jpg

I'm gonna try to finish some of these over the long weekend I think.

Yeah, that Demornay-Budd definitely needs shortening, but otherwise it's killer. I like the Heiland ports showing the Demornay-Budd body through them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back