Show your custom Lightsabers!

Second is one of my favorites, a color-inverted Vader-styld build. It's a built around a King Sol body, with a Busch shroud, Ingersoll-Rand channel grips, and a control box from a Minicam. I gutted the bulb holder that came with the Sol and grafted on the bulb holder portion from a mystery flash hood @SethS gave me. The gap under the clamp was filled with parts from an SCSI connector, and the bulb release removed and replaced with the release knob off a Heiland 2-cell. It was finished off with a replica Kobold clip.

The King Sol was an absolute mess, which inspired the color scheme; I sanded the remaining chrome off and repainted it with VHT Wrinkle Plus paint. The rest followed quickly; it's a nice traditional design that feels new thanks to the colors and the wrinkle finish.

View attachment 785740View attachment 785745View attachment 785744View attachment 785743
View attachment 785742View attachment 785738View attachment 785741View attachment 785739

And again some comparisons:

View attachment 785747View attachment 785746

How did you get the textured black finish?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of canons, here's one I picked up a few months ago and never posted anywhere. It's not quite finished and I'm not sure if it ever will be, I think I'll always go back and tweak things. Normally has a more green/cyan led but currently has one that's more on the blue side while I play around with colors.

Obviously VERY Slothfurnace inspired, I saw his and fell in love with it so had to make my own version.

IMG_20180111_194658.jpg
IMG_20180111_194716.jpg
IMG_20180111_194742.jpg
IMG_20180111_194814.jpg
IMG_20180111_194836.jpg
IMG_20180111_195011.jpg
IMG_20180111_195401.jpg

Speaking of canons, here's one I picked up a few months ago and never posted anywhere. It's not quite finished and I'm not sure if it ever will be, I think I'll always go back and tweak things. Normally has a more green/cyan led but currently has one that's more on the blue side while I play around with colors.

Obviously VERY Slothfurnace inspired, I saw his and fell in love with it so had to make my own version.

View attachment 786641
View attachment 786642
View attachment 786646
View attachment 786647
View attachment 786648
View attachment 786649
View attachment 786650

Nice!

You know, I never like full TCSS sabers, but using their parts piecemeal with camera parts always works well.

Nice!

You know, I never like full TCSS sabers, but using their parts piecemeal with camera parts always works well.

Me neither, too machined and simple for my liking. I do think they work quite well in this saber though and luckily all the parts I had lying around just kind of fit together. I do plan on chucking them in the lathe when I find time and adding some extra detail to them too.

tabletoday_numbered.jpg

1. Box o’ greeblies
2. Greeblies, clamp cards, bubble strips, potential emitters
3. 1/4” 20 pieces box (that’s the rod size used in the rod-assembly sabers I do
4. flash bracket knobs, thumb screws, bulb release assemblies, d-rings, etc
5. (see post 2040 above)
6. King Sol flash
7. Heiland endcap with D-ring
8. Super 8 camera lens focus ring
9. shower assembly piece
10. pipe adapter
11. Canon Sync/side flash/slave unit
12. Leitz miniflash bulb socket
13. Hex Heiland endcap
14. TCSS emitter
15. rando ebay Luke neck/emitter knock off
16. emitter made from internal bulb socket cup from a flash and a metal flange from a shower kit
17. poorly cast MPP shroud
18. Letiz miniflash top part
19. Heiland Synchronar bulb socket
20. resin MK1 Grenade cast
21. tapered ring bearing
22. Peak flash clamp (with lots of greeblies)
23. Roman Transistor replicas
24. a gear
25. Imitation Obi-Wan pommel
26. Heiland 3 cell
27. Heiland shroud, stubby and silver
28. TCSS emitter
29. Obi-Wan booster replica
30. TCSS imitation booster
31. TCSS emitter
32. lower half of an old “Life 2-cell flash, greeblied clamp box and slide channel grips (refreshing this one)
33. microscope neck
34. Emitter made from Presslite flash neck, taped bearing wheel, and shower parts
35. rando plumbing part
36. two Canon Y endcaps held together with a 1/4” adapters
37. Peak slave/side flash/sync unit
38. Rando 2 cell flash… either
39. Canon Y
40. Walz flashgun 2 cell
41. vintage Graflex lower with a Roman clamp
42. Busch flash gun
43. TCSS Graflex style emitter with thumbscrew button knobs, sliding door wheel emitter
44. Graflite concept saber
45. cut piece from an old rando Graflex replica, mini flashlight body inside
46. upper body of mini flashlight
47. pommel made from champagne stopper, Angus flash knob and super 8 camera lens body.
48. pieces from a motorcycle grip
49. Leitz miniflash upper body with a d-ring and Heiland flash bracket mounting piece
50. Canon Y 3 cell lower body
51. Rainer flash 2 cell lower body
52. Tower 2 cell flash body
53. TCSS grenade body
54. Walz clamp
55. 3d printed Mara Jade control box
56. Heiland clamp
57. champagne stopper cap
58. Wannawanga clamp card
59. Tower / Heiland clamp
60. 1/4” flash extender
61. Super 8 camera grip with a Roman Graflex clamp
62. Roman clamp
63. Lietz 3 cell flash with t-track and clamp card, and button knob added (mid refresh)
64. Minicam clamp
65. rando clamp
66. Heiland clamp
67. MP or Black series Anakin ROTS clamp band
68. motorcycle grip
69. Minicam flash
70. Heiland 2 cell, minicam clamp, Heiland flash bracket bands, Heiland slave, Champagne stopper concept
71. Minicam flash, 3D printed grips by AnubisGuard, Roman clamp (getting a refresh)

The Black emitter and flat top are from a Speed Graphic flash held together with some tapped hex head screws I added...What do you see?

Well, it looks like I'll have to keep an eye out for a Speed Graphic flash unit. I don't have anything concrete yet but just a rough image in my head with what to do with an emitter shroud like that. Frankly, that's all that's really piqued my interest. I'll figure out the rest if/once I get my hands on a Speed Graphic.:lol

I saw one once that was really expensive and didn't get it. Saw another in a lot once for dirt cheap, got it-- and it was honestly the cheapest piece of plastic crap. That bulb holder and square top were the coolest part. I need to make better use of it.

My son is left handed, so the dip switch controls are reversed.

Hey BipeFlyer ! So one is Forward + Forward + Forward + Backward + Forward + Backward + Backward + Backward = Fatatlity, and the other is Forward + Backward + Forward + Backward + Backward + Forward + Forward + Forward = Fatality? ;) Or should we say Ignition? :lol

Do the dip switches actually have to be in that order for the lightsaber to ignite? That's a neat idea if they do! It'd make it a... "Jedi Masterlock".

The blue dip switched lightsaber reminds me of Kylo Ren's Mask!

Very neat gifts you made there!

Hey @BipeFlyer ! So one is Forward + Forward + Forward + Backward + Forward + Backward + Backward + Backward = Fatatlity, and the other is Forward + Backward + Forward + Backward + Backward + Forward + Forward + Forward = Fatality? ;) Or should we say Ignition? [emoji38]

Do the dip switches actually have to be in that order for the lightsaber to ignite? That's a neat idea if they do! It'd make it a... "Jedi Masterlock".

The blue dip switched lightsaber reminds me of Kylo Ren's Mask!

Very neat gifts you made there!
The kids picked them out from some old electronics I had. I kind of considered them as being blade adjustments for length, power, colour , test mode etc. The combination lock is a cool idea though, let's go with that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Holy crap!!! I can't believe how much Canon Y's and X's are going for on eBay right now... it's insane!

Glad I got my X for $40... sheesh....

Speaking of which... need an opinion from the masses... should I paint my Ingersoll-Rand grips or leave them unpainted like AnubisGuard like I was originally planning to do?

Holy crap!!! I can't believe how much Canon Y's and X's are going for on eBay right now... it's insane!

Glad I got my X for $40... sheesh....

Speaking of which... need an opinion from the masses... should I paint my Ingersoll-Rand grips or leave them unpainted like @AnubisGuard like I was originally planning to do?

Really?! I have two or three that I don’t plan on doing anything with...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back