Show your custom Lightsabers!

I'm lost without opinions!

The obvious choice is to fit the TCSS ESB Buttoned blade holder in the center at bottom to the GRAFLEX looking hilt on the right with the grips that curve around the endcap. ;)

p.s. Do you have some wicked camera distortion going on in that photo? Or did you take some of those old sabers apart with a hammer? Both of the 'grenade' sections you have in that photo look seriously bent/twisted!

Good eye-- the Graflex lower is the one vintage OT part! And yes, I used the panoramic setting on my phone-- more detail and could fit everything in, but there's distortion.

I really like the Minicam with the Graflex clamp and the printed grips. That one looks promising, maybe as a holdout saber or shoto or something.

You should like the printed grips since you designed them and all... :)

That's an old one-- it used to have a Luke-style thin-neck and emitter section. I never liked it. It always seemed off. I got a new plan for it-- not shoto-- but definitely snubby.

There's a couple of builds I've had sitting around since last summer that I realize I never posted. First up is a Canon X with Ingersoll-Rand grips and a wine stopper emitter shroud. I had to get clever on the grips because I didn't have enough long U-channel.

IMG_0013.JPGIMG_0014.JPGIMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0017.JPGIMG_0018.JPG

The guts of the emitter are a stack of hard drive spindles.

IMG_0015.JPG

And some comparisons. Y vs. X:

IMG_0053.JPGIMG_0054.JPG

So freaking cool-- love the double little rivets on the grips.

And I've always been super jealous of the metal pieces on your Y covering the stupid human words.

Second is one of my favorites, a color-inverted Vader-styld build. It's a built around a King Sol body, with a Busch shroud, Ingersoll-Rand channel grips, and a control box from a Minicam. I gutted the bulb holder that came with the Sol and grafted on the bulb holder portion from a mystery flash hood SethS gave me. The gap under the clamp was filled with parts from an SCSI connector, and the bulb release removed and replaced with the release knob off a Heiland 2-cell. It was finished off with a replica Kobold clip.

The King Sol was an absolute mess, which inspired the color scheme; I sanded the remaining chrome off and repainted it with VHT Wrinkle Plus paint. The rest followed quickly; it's a nice traditional design that feels new thanks to the colors and the wrinkle finish.

IMG_0045.JPGIMG_0050.JPGIMG_0049.JPGIMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0047.JPGIMG_0043.JPGIMG_0046.JPGIMG_0044.JPG

And again some comparisons:

IMG_0055.JPGIMG_0051.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So freaking cool-- love the double little rivets on the grips.

And I've always been super jealous of the metal pieces on your Y covering the stupid human words.

Thanks on both counts. I've very happy with how both turned out.

It's hard to come up with ways to vary the standard parts that feel new but also Star Wars. Something like the double rivets is one of those ideas that almost feels like a relief when it arrives, because it means there are ways to keep doing this. :p

I love the Canon with the wine stopper emitter. It's so clean, sleek and industrial; it truly is sexy. Though I never cared for the protruding button and press switch that came with the X. I really like the details underneath them more.

I'd show you, but I can't seem to find any photos of it. :lol It's basically a like a regular 2-cell but with a brushed finish and an embedded sync cable.

Hey, Seth! What's the flashgun on the far left? The one with the oblong shroud? I'm beginning to get... ideas.

Once, maybe 20 some pages ago in this thread, there were two sabers I made that I didn't like. So I scrapped them and made a new one.

It's a King Sol body
Hex Heiland Endcap banged on
Zeiss Ikon clamp painted black and tightened with some greeblie
A piece of a camera bracket from a rando flash arm painted black, locked down with a TCSS thumbscrew, D-ring, and a wide/flat knurled flash bracket knob
The upper emitter body is the inner part of a Heiland knock of side flash/slave
The Black emitter and flat top are from a Speed Graphic flash held together with some tapped hex head screws I added

I don't LOVE it, but I like it. It's back on the table cause it had some Starkiller metal grips I thought it didn't rate so I pulled them off. It'll get some t-track and be done unless it inspires something else.

What do you see?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back