Show your custom Lightsabers!

No clamp... but the grips are permanent now... what do you think?

topshelf_sans.jpg

And somebody asked me via PM, and I accidentally deleted it without responding, but my count currently is:

6 "screen" sabers:
Graflex ANH (Vintage)
Graflex ESB (2.0)
Fraflex TFA (Roman's)
Obi-Wan ANH (Roman's)
Luke V2/TFA/BF (Starkiller)
Vader ESB (2.0)

And a pre-order on Roman's MPP for a Vader ANH.

On top of that, 30 custom sabers with parts and supplies for about 6-8 more.

Yes, I dig it clampless! I actually saw that post before the first one, and I think clampless is the way to go for this one. It's already got the little grey control box, and the clean and simple bottom half really heightens the interest of the more complex emitter. The pop of color serves as the visual balance between the busy top and the simple bottom. Maybe add a belt ring and you're good to go. :thumbsup

Really dig that, Seth. A black Covertec wheel at the bottom between the grips would really sell this for a PT-esque saber. The hook and the cone dial is something I could do without but it's solid overall.

Here's a link to my favorite build so far:

Here's a link to my channel for all my builds:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_-ZZ3vPrKejdOBK9l3JmFQ[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Catching up on this thread after being away a while. Ya'll are doing some amazing work. I love all these flash / hardware sabers. I have an old Busch synchronizer laying around here ... been meaning to turn it into a saber for years. I could probably remove that button box but the button has a really cool clicky sound when you push it.

33642872033_06fb212bde_o.jpg
33642870953_54ca98beef_o.jpg

I'm a hobby machinist though, so I don't do a lot of hardware stuff. Here's a link to an album of my work including custom sabers (and one non-custom Kyle Katarn JO saber), a sonic screwdriver, and some tusken raider bits.

http://www.therpf.com/album.php?albumid=3448

katarn_outcast_01.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone, long time lurker and first time poster. I've spent the last few days reading this thread (from the beginning!) and thought I'd share a hardware hilt I did this summer. Luke's ROTJ hero has always been my favorite look, so I was going for something like that. Main body is a PVC tube and a bunch of washers. Most of the other parts came from a junk pile at school (electrical engineering students get rid of great lightsaber parts!). The display base is just a wood box with some acrylic supports I dremeled out. Although the saber does not light up, the base does! Couldn't get a picture outside but the acrylic lights up green. So much awesome work in this thread! Hope you dig it.
IMAG0142.jpgIMAG0143.jpgIMAG0144.jpgIMAG0145.jpg

Hey everyone, long time lurker and first time poster. I've spent the last few days reading this thread (from the beginning!) and thought I'd share a hardware hilt I did this summer. Luke's ROTJ hero has always been my favorite look, so I was going for something like that. Main body is a PVC tube and a bunch of washers. Most of the other parts came from a junk pile at school (electrical engineering students get rid of great lightsaber parts!). The display base is just a wood box with some acrylic supports I dremeled out. Although the saber does not light up, the base does! Couldn't get a picture outside but the acrylic lights up green. So much awesome work in this thread! Hope you dig it.
View attachment 726509View attachment 726510View attachment 726511View attachment 726512

Nice work!

View attachment 726509View attachment 726510View attachment 726511View attachment 726512
Nice! I love PVC/hardware sabers! They're always fun builds.
Thank you!

I also did this build more recently as a goofy afternoon project. Not a legit saber, but you guys might get a kick out of it. I call it the Foamflex, made out of cardboard and EVA foam scraps from other projects and painted up.
View attachment 726526View attachment 726525View attachment 726524
Progress pics:
View attachment 726529View attachment 726528View attachment 726527
Oh wow, that looks great!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back