Show your custom Lightsabers!

I like the main body as is, the chrome on the emitter and the brass bits could be toned down a bit to match the rest and I think you'll have a winner!

That pic #3 reads as a clear rollerblade wheel to me. I said to myself, "Wow! Somebody thought of spinning emitters in the OT and then started thinking about bearings, and ABEC5's, and then rollerblade wheels, and then they went and made a lightsaber out of one. That's crazy!!!" Even in the enlarged version of the photo, it still looks like a clear wheel to me and I had to really scrutinize it to see the different levels/bevels through the flash flare.

I totally love that belt hanger ring. It's difficult to beat old fashioned simple ingenuity. Very cool.

Looking forward to seeing you call this one finished and how it turns out!
a few more pics, nearly finished
I made a clamp for the circuit board, fitted a red button and my flashing red crystal
IMG_1014.JPGIMG_1015.JPGIMG_1017.JPGIMG_1019.PNG

Hey @Bengrim09 ! I really like that Red-button from the top view, but not as much from the angle view in pic #2. I think the lip looks too skinny. Maybe you could find a washer or threaded something-or-other to fit down inside it with a big hole down the center to leave the Red-button exposed.

I'd also like to see a little thicker neck section.

The bending you did on the control box/activation plate worked out great! I love the quick reveal feature!!!

Too bad about the squishy grips though. I wonder if you could glue them on instead and have a false, or supported (think put a bit of tubing under it) rivet so that it wouldn't flare out on you. Those channels underneath the grips look perfect for gluing!

Oh, and because I know you've been dying to hear it... your emitter looks much less rollerblade-wheelery now! ;):lol

Are you going to dirty it up a little? Or leave it bright and shiny to contrast the handle portion of the hilt?

Off to check out your build thread!

Hey @Bengrim09 ! I really like that Red-button from the top view, but not as much from the angle view in pic #2. I think the lip looks too skinny. Maybe you could find a washer or threaded something-or-other to fit down inside it with a big hole down the center to leave the Red-button exposed.

I'd also like to see a little thicker neck section.

The bending you did on the control box/activation plate worked out great! I love the quick reveal feature!!!

Too bad about the squishy grips though. I wonder if you could glue them on instead and have a false, or supported (think put a bit of tubing under it) rivet so that it wouldn't flare out on you. Those channels underneath the grips look perfect for gluing!

Oh, and because I know you've been dying to hear it... your emitter looks much less rollerblade-wheelery now! ;):lol

Are you going to dirty it up a little? Or leave it bright and shiny to contrast the handle portion of the hilt?

Off to check out your build thread!
im also not to happy with the squishy grips I might remove the grips and redo them without the rivets
the red button has not been fixed as I to wasn't sure on it
yes I will be weathering/dirtying it up so it all looks more as one

So the other day I saw this cool old flash on eBay and thought-- oh cool! I've never seen that one! That would make a really cool custom saber!

Let's just say the photos didn't have anything in them for scale...

mini1.jpg

Challenge accepted eBay Gods.... challenge accepted...

mini2.jpg
mini3.jpg
mini4.jpg
mini5.jpg

I might actually see if I could make it regular size... but that double box clamp is pretty unique

Here's a custom I finished up recently for a commission. Video below if you're interested in seeing it "work."

sVk6SN.jpg

Q7P9LO.jpg

7XOzpD.jpg

IOS2Ae.jpg

YL9C7O.jpg

IAHvjq.jpg

N4YLS9.jpg

LrleB1.jpg

T4cbXs.jpg

EAAPTR.jpg

pmmuX5.jpg

NKYuqY.jpg

cfv4zd.jpg

DmGtMj.jpg

Attachments

• sVk6SN.jpg
    sVk6SN.jpg
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 55
  • sVk6SN.jpg
    sVk6SN.jpg
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Q7P9LO.jpg
    Q7P9LO.jpg
    950.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Q7P9LO.jpg
    Q7P9LO.jpg
    950.8 KB · Views: 62
  • sVk6SN.jpg
    sVk6SN.jpg
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Q7P9LO.jpg
    Q7P9LO.jpg
    950.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 7XOzpD.jpg
    7XOzpD.jpg
    968.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 7XOzpD.jpg
    7XOzpD.jpg
    968.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IOS2Ae.jpg
    IOS2Ae.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 7XOzpD.jpg
    7XOzpD.jpg
    968.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IOS2Ae.jpg
    IOS2Ae.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IOS2Ae.jpg
    IOS2Ae.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 54
  • YL9C7O.jpg
    YL9C7O.jpg
    822.4 KB · Views: 59
  • YL9C7O.jpg
    YL9C7O.jpg
    822.4 KB · Views: 59
  • YL9C7O.jpg
    YL9C7O.jpg
    822.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IAHvjq.jpg
    IAHvjq.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IAHvjq.jpg
    IAHvjq.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IAHvjq.jpg
    IAHvjq.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 51
  • N4YLS9.jpg
    N4YLS9.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 56
  • N4YLS9.jpg
    N4YLS9.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 57
  • N4YLS9.jpg
    N4YLS9.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 53
  • LrleB1.jpg
    LrleB1.jpg
    784.6 KB · Views: 50
  • LrleB1.jpg
    LrleB1.jpg
    784.6 KB · Views: 54
  • LrleB1.jpg
    LrleB1.jpg
    784.6 KB · Views: 53
  • T4cbXs.jpg
    T4cbXs.jpg
    954.7 KB · Views: 48
  • T4cbXs.jpg
    T4cbXs.jpg
    954.7 KB · Views: 53
  • T4cbXs.jpg
    T4cbXs.jpg
    954.7 KB · Views: 52
  • EAAPTR.jpg
    EAAPTR.jpg
    821.6 KB · Views: 54
  • EAAPTR.jpg
    EAAPTR.jpg
    821.6 KB · Views: 50
  • EAAPTR.jpg
    EAAPTR.jpg
    821.6 KB · Views: 51
  • pmmuX5.jpg
    pmmuX5.jpg
    884.3 KB · Views: 52
  • pmmuX5.jpg
    pmmuX5.jpg
    884.3 KB · Views: 50
  • pmmuX5.jpg
    pmmuX5.jpg
    884.3 KB · Views: 48
  • NKYuqY.jpg
    NKYuqY.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
  • NKYuqY.jpg
    NKYuqY.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • NKYuqY.jpg
    NKYuqY.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • cfv4zd.jpg
    cfv4zd.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • cfv4zd.jpg
    cfv4zd.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • cfv4zd.jpg
    cfv4zd.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • DmGtMj.jpg
    DmGtMj.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • DmGtMj.jpg
    DmGtMj.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 53
  • DmGtMj.jpg
    DmGtMj.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, sorry I'm going to be polluting a tiny bit, I hope this is ok, but that was too funny for me not to tell.
So, 90% of the time, my girlfriend is all about the "you are buying too much stuff" etc etc, but sometimes, she's like "how much time would it take for you to build Rey's blaster for my cosplay", or, like tonight when she opened our new vacuum cleaner and said, wow, give me a piece of graflex, that would do such a nice lightsaber, takes the Quasimodo helmet and poses with said custom lightsaber...
JulieVador.jpg

and after a good laugh and when you think hearing your girlfriend say Graflex is enough fun for one night, she says, oh wait I have a better idea, don't look, and she comes back like that:
JulieFett.jpg

Hey, sorry I'm going to be polluting a tiny bit, I hope this is ok, but that was too funny for me not to tell.
So, 90% of the time, my girlfriend is all about the "you are buying too much stuff" etc etc, but sometimes, she's like "how much time would it take for you to build Rey's blaster for my cosplay", or, like tonight when she opened our new vacuum cleaner and said, wow, give me a piece of graflex, that would do such a nice lightsaber, takes the Quasimodo helmet and poses with said custom lightsaber...
View attachment 760117

and after a good laugh and when you think hearing your girlfriend say Graflex is enough fun for one night, she says, oh wait I have a better idea, don't look, and she comes back like that:
View attachment 760118

Lmao!! Classic!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back