Show your custom Lightsabers!

I’ve just finished this saber for my stepsons desk, I bought a £10 toy saber that had a great little sound card in it, swooshing sound on and off, wave sound when you move it, it also clashes when you bump it, the light only had a single blinking LED so I left it out on this saber but I might incorporate it with improvements on the next one
35B66F6D-C66F-4A98-A70A-CCDD7DDEE669.jpeg11C6FFD9-857D-4099-8312-BCE6CC570A50.jpeg

Hey Bengrim09 ! I love the inscription on the little plaque! It makes the gift very special and personal.

Is that ray skin under the paracord? I see the little Aux button hidden under there too!

Too bad that it doesn't have an LED for a flashlight, this would make for a fantastic survivalist's lightsaber. Chops down wood...CHECK. Starts fires...CHECK. Comes complete with cordage...CHECK. ;)

What's the inner part of the emmiter made from? Is it a spring, or part of a shower head or something?

I think my favorite part of this one is the coin edged (flashlight endcap?) part in the front of the clamp.

Congratulations on a saber well-built!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @Bengrim09 ! I love the inscription on the little plaque! It makes the gift very special and personal.

Is that ray skin under the paracord? I see the little Aux button hidden under there too!

Too bad that it doesn't have an LED for a flashlight, this would make for a fantastic survivalist's lightsaber. Chops down wood...CHECK. Starts fires...CHECK. Comes complete with cordage...CHECK. ;)

What's the inner part of the emmiter made from? Is it a spring, or part of a shower head or something?

I think my favorite part of this one is the coin edged (flashlight endcap?) part in the front of the clamp.

Congratulations on a saber well-built!
Thank you for your kind words
I’m a bit disappointed I couldn’t get a decent light in this, but maybe next build.

its not ray skin under the paracord, it’s a quick wrap of flesh coloured compression bandage to stop the cord from moving, the main body is made from an old torch/flashlight, the clamp is scratch built from a flat piece of thin stainless, the emitter is various parts of shower valves, the inner end of the emitter is made from wire from the binding off an old diary, it was wrapped around some ally tube to resemble a spring as I couldn’t find a spring long enough, well spotted on the momentary switch to turn it on, I didn’t want a big switch ( little is sometimes best)

Ben

With some trickery, yes. Can you just pop them on? No.

I have several sabers in these pages that use both.

Right on, what sort of trickery have you used in the past?

Here's a few I have been meaning to share...

This one is based on a Presslite flash. The lower 3/4 is the Presslite, I've just reconfigured the stock parts. I also added t-track, and a Roman's Graflex repro clamp with a TCSS edge card.

The neck/emitter is a TCSS pommel. I used plumber's silicone tape on the threads until it was the perfect thickness to tension fit inside the flash tube. The emitter/shroud is from a Canon Y, and is affixed with epoxy.

press1.jpg

press2.jpg
press3.jpg

This stealthy saber is (from top down), some rando eBay bad Luke V2 repro emitter and neck, an end cap from an underwater Nikon flashgun with some washers, a 1/4 camera tripod lock washer, a screen door roller wheel, an old Parks MPP clamp, then a TCSS body, TCSS pommel, another roller wheel, and a nylon lock nut.

This one is built using the Obi-Wan method, everything is on a 1/4" 20 pitch rod. You can get them at any hardware store. 1/4" 20 is great, there are tons of common hard ware parts that use it that you can use for greeblie details, and it also is what most camera equipment uses for tripod mounts, which is universal to most flashguns.

So that nylon twist knob nut thinger at the bottom is the base of the rod, and inside the emitter is another 1/4" nut. You put everything on the rod and tighten both ends and everything is pressure locked unto place.

stealth1.jpg

stealth2.jpg

This one also uses a rod assembly. Top down, it's a Heiland stubby shroud on a neck made up of rando hardware plumbing department finds, then a trio of roller door wheels. The lower body is a TCCS f to f coupler and one of their blade holders/emitters that I used upside down. The pommel is a plastic chromed AS handwheel. The d-ring is a 1/4" tripod knob.

DBHeiland1.jpg

DBHeiland2.jpg

So basically, starting at the bottom, I use that tripod d-ring through the handwheel. On the inside of the wheel, I use an f to f 1/4" 20 adapter (see below). The tripod knob into one side, the rod into the other.

From there I start stacking the parts over the rod. They will be loose and drift at first. Sometimes using washers between parts helps. The roller wheels work as washers and also look great.

At the top, I slipped a part from a hard drive over the rid and tightened it down with two of the nylon nuts to make the emitter.

Hope that makes sense. It's a great base to build on. See my box below that;'s full of 1/4" 20 parts. All hardware store finds, greeblies found off old flashguns or photogear surplus, and Home Depot finds It's also pretty easy to drill a hole down the center of the guts in most flashed to run a rod through.

onequarter.jpg

Those are fantastic! I've never considered using a rod assembly before.

Here is my first ever saber. Made it using a Walz flash and some other found parts from around the house. I'm still not sure if I want to add grips or not..

Attachments

• lightsaber1b.jpg
    lightsaber1b.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 155
  • lightsaber1.jpg
    lightsaber1.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 150
  • lightsaber1a.jpg
    lightsaber1a.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 157

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back