Show your custom Lightsabers!

So I've been lurking on this thread awhile now. I've started working on one saber, but about to start a graflex build. I don't have an actual graflex so I'll be carving up a sink tube. How much flak would I get for using 1 1/4" instead of the usual 1 1/2"? That feels too thick to me.
The prequel sabers were around that diameter, so maybe it'd look more like an Anakin version, but I'd say go for it. It's a CUSTOM saber thread after all!!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Here's another custom I've been working on, no electronics inside, yet.
0163bd02bdf5607d65c78521207a2068.jpg
23350b9da2342ba45e1a14b40edd3737.jpg
172371cea5d6630b3366269af6fbcbbd.jpg
85645983b68f27682bf43675f845ae88.jpg
7168da347a7ee29b1e37266333ec6d50.jpg

The Obi-Wan style emitter is a flame tube or something from an engine again from something that was scrap from dressing sets on the new Avengers movies. Had to machine a delrin collar to affix it to the rest of the saber body.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, here's a new custom I just assembled together. May do some light weathering but I like this one pretty clean. No sound or blade, but added a little analog circuit to blink the lights on the side (think ROTJ hero, in the cave scene) to give it a little extra interest. Mix of some plastic and metal parts, some unknown metal rod in the middle, the guy at the swap meet thought it had to do with a fishing rod, but I was just looking for cool metal tubes. Hope you dig it!
29830561_2023150124566424_86434470_o.jpg29831333_2023150094566427_1129195523_o.jpg29883506_2023150067899763_1730853362_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know of a different belt hanger method other than d ring or covertec? Also I can't get any of my wip pics of the two sabers im working on loaded to the thread. Meh.

Hey @BDBear ! I was considering using a camera belt holder with quick release. I think it'd work great with MPP style center pommel screw holes.

(Edit for a link to what I was talking about---> https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=273195 )

As for your photos... start a new reply, "Click" on the "Insert Image" icon (it's the one that looks like a picture frame just to the right of the Earth with a red X on it). Click "From Computer", Click on "Browse", select the image you want to instert in your reply by clicking on it, Click on "Open", Click on "Upload file(s)".... et VOILA! your image should appear.

Last edited:
And success! So this is my first attempt at a metal (mostly) hardware saber. Everything came from my local hardware store except the emitter. That's the top to a fake sprinkler key hidey thing I found at my goodwill. Obviously it still needs paint, but it's been raining here.

Hey @BDBear ! Great start on your hardware saber! See if your local store has any wheelbarrow bearings, they make great grenade windvane substitutes!

Thanks. I've been looking for roller bearings since I saw someone else use them, but didn't know what kind to ask for. So thank you again! I'm actually heading out to pick up some more parts and now know exactly where to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @BDBear ! I was considering using a camera belt holder with quick release. I think it'd work great with MPP style center pommel screw holes.

(Edit for a link to what I was talking about---> https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=273195 )

As for your photos... start a new reply, "Click" on the "Insert Image" icon (it's the one that looks like a picture frame just to the right of the Earth with a red X on it). Click "From Computer", Click on "Browse", select the image you want to instert in your reply by clicking on it, Click on "Open", Click on "Upload file(s)".... et VOILA! your image should appear.
This belt hanger. I've been using it for years upon years. I wear it every single day, for my keys.

And also, of course, for lightsabers. I have five or six of these things.

Anyway, I swear by it. It's cheap, and durable, and small.

What was the belt clip system used on Kylo Ren's hilt? Was it a found item? I'd like to play around with that.

So now having to wait on parts, I've begun a new saber more in my comfort zone. A pvc saber. Though in the spirit of doing new things, this is my first crossguard saber.

20180331_223610.jpg

So now having to wait on parts, I've begun a new saber more in my comfort zone. A pvc saber. Though in the spirit of doing new things, this is my first crossguard saber.

The dimensions look good. It should work out nicely. What size pipe did you use? I found most coupling pieces too bulky for 1 1/4" ID pipe.

I'm working on a PVC saber too; a Stormtrooper saber. Here's the progress so far and a link to the build thread.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=288554

101_2635.JPG

The dimensions look good. It should work out nicely. What size pipe did you use? I found most coupling pieces too bulky for 1 1/4" ID pipe.

I'm working on a PVC saber too; a Stormtrooper saber. Here's the progress so far and a link to the build thread.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=288554

View attachment 806781

That's a gorgeous saber. The pipe I'm using is schedule 40 (thick wall) 3/4". No room for electronics really, but great for stunt sabers and belt hangers. Maybe enough room for lights. What did you use as the end plug?

- - - Updated - - -

Oops. Didn't see the link.

Prior to getting a lathe I did stuff on my drill press with a file. It's slow but you can do a few things.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've seen people do that with regular drills too. Thought about myself, but haven't had the time to come up with a rig yet.

Well, I started going through the flashguns I have amassed. I have little to no plans to make these into sabers anymore, but will probably still make one out of a Canon or a Peak one day.

2 Canon Bs
3 Canon Model Ys
2 Peaks
2 Bolseys
Abbey
whatever else is in this picture...plus a large box of other camera equipment, reflectors, and random ephemera.

So many plans, so little time.

Attachments

• 7B4C9279-8DF1-4475-A6C0-4D61BC837221.jpeg
    7B4C9279-8DF1-4475-A6C0-4D61BC837221.jpeg
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 161
This belt hanger. I've been using it for years upon years. I wear it every single day, for my keys.

And also, of course, for lightsabers. I have five or six of these things.

Anyway, I swear by it. It's cheap, and durable, and small.

What was the belt clip system used on Kylo Ren's hilt? Was it a found item? I'd like to play around with that.

I just ordered one of these. I'm thinking of putting it on my crossguard saber. Also for another alternative, I've got nerf tac rail (from a blaster I dismantled for parts. Nerf is my other passion) I'm thinking of mounting to a saber, then making a belt attachment with the slide from a junked accessory. I'll post pics when I can.

I'm not sure about Kylo Ren's belt rig. I think I heard somewhere they created it from scratch, but I might be wrong.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back