Show your custom Lightsabers!

See that's a price range I'd like to see again. Lol. Even $40 with shipping wouldn't be too bad. $70 or more thou is a bit

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

soon.jpg

Apparently I'll be going on strike soon... when I'm not picketing I'll finally be able to get back to these beauties...

Last edited:
Awww man, the last time there was a strike all the shows and movies the next year or two sucked : / Why don't they just pay you more so I can watch m'dern STORIES!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last strike was pretty justified-- this one... well... my union solidarity prohibits me from sharing my true opinion.

Sucks to hear it Seth, I'm in the cinematographer's guild and this worries me as well. Not looking forward to what's to come for us this year.

Off topic, but wanted to chine in and show support from a fellow Union Brother.
Not just a member, but a Rep for local 555.
Goodluck to you and all your brothers and sisters.
Any way we can show support, please send me a pm with suggestions.
Robert

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?

The dark side...

IMG_0021.JPG

And the light.

IMG_0026.JPG

I wasn't satisfied with my last build posted in this thread, and though I liked the individual parts of the saber, it became clear that the handle and emitter just didn't belong together. So I split them apart and created two new sabers out of the halves. I decided to create sort of dark and light side themed variations of the same design.

IMG_0019.JPG

Darksaber is the aforementioned Busch body with the Leitz flash clamp wrap and ziptie grips, with a new emitter made of stacked HD motors topped with a series of HD spacer rings and a Canon Model Y shroud held in place with an 8-32 brass thumbscrew.

IMG_0025.JPGIMG_0023.JPGIMG_0024.JPGIMG_0022.JPG

Lightsaber is the old hard drive spindle and champagne stopper emitter mated to a Minicam flash that's been flipped upside down with the endcap replacing the bulb socket. Grips are two different lengths of Ingersoll-Rand valve channel held in place with epoxy putty. A scrap King Sol-style clamp was cut down and slid over the bottom and held in place with rivets. The Minicam clamp was wrapped in a Canon flash battery pack body slit down the side and slid over the flash body. Bubble strip is a Novus 820-styled strip with the sides carved down the fit.

IMG_0032.JPGIMG_0029.JPGIMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0030.JPGIMG_0028.JPGIMG_0027.JPG

I'm particularly pleased with how the light side saber came out.

IMG_0020.JPG

And a little preview of next time....

Preview_Saber_Front.jpg

Love 'em! Great job!

Maybe just a touch more color on the light side version? Can you chemically darken the grips? That'd look pretty cool, I think.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back