Show your custom Lightsabers!

Added a couple greeblies to my lightsabers. On my V2 inspired one I added a knob towards the back, and added more weathering:
HIGhUdR.jpg hUq5l3x.jpg cGKXM96.jpg NgG4qXG.jpg PPwOE1H.jpg TYnsynH.jpg

And on my non-Graflex ANH Luke, I fixed the side button, screwed the glass eye closer to the hilt so it almost touches now, and figured out a way to fudge the beer tab:
arRssJV.jpg cfYorAt.jpg

"Oh man, Seth-- that's awesome! You're a genius!" But also "why is the clamp so low?"

(I mean, I know why. You can't move it higher. But I'm not a fan of how it looks.)

Haha-- yeah, I've coveted a DMB for a long time-- if a two cell was all I was going to get, I had to go for it...

It can't go up any further. DMB clamps are hooked with a bracket to the bottom of the saber. I can rotate it though.

If you place it next to an ANH Obi-Wan or the V2, it's only about 1/8th of an inch lower than they sit

The bracket attaches to the box with 8 tiny rivets, I don't trust I could remove it without destroying the box. I supposed I could just hack it off where it meets the box... that bracket is kinda a unique feature to lose-- but I kept it on this one:

blunt_redux6.jpg

... so maybe I can will myself to cut it off...

Brass might work. I just get tired of everyone using the saber OT grips on everything. No offense because I know it's hard to find anything else that works well.

Brass always looks good.

If it were me, I'd try to do a one of your BMB's (Bare Metal Beauties) with this. I'd remove one of the buttons, the hook by the emitter if possible, and get rid of the clamp and do something kinda KOTOR with it; very sleek, simple, refined. A brass section where the clamp is would look really great, I think. A sink-knob kinda pommel might work, too.

That sounds hard!

But I have another tube ready for something very along these lines-- still hunting for the right pommel.

Couldn't help but do something (though quick and sloppy) with the photo to show what I'm thinking would look neat if it can be managed.

Lots of possibilities and leeway with the pommel, but something in similar size and shape would look good.

MaybeBaby.jpg

Couldn't help but do something (though quick and sloppy) with the photo to show what I'm thinking would look neat if it can be managed.

Lots of possibilities and leeway with the pommel, but something in similar size and shape would look good.

View attachment 710003

i think I'll make you half happy... this is giving me ideas!

I think the brass looks good.
Seth, I'm impressed at the amount of great looking sabers you produce!
Are most of them static sabers?

Thanks! And yes, all static.

It can't go up any further. DMB clamps are hooked with a bracket to the bottom of the saber. I can rotate it though.

If you place it next to an ANH Obi-Wan or the V2, it's only about 1/8th of an inch lower than they sit
I say chop the bracket that's hindering the clamp from sliding up any further, for starters.

And I do like the look of the brass!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back