Show your custom Lightsabers!

lol yeah, I went back and looked at the site and didn't see any adult material, they just place junk ads under your photos.
Oh, all shall be revealed soon. I'm really not going to be able to do much with it until this weekend probably. I've started assembling pieces for it though, it's gonna go from a junky piece of steel to a pretty nice display piece.

Okay-- I'm going to solicit opinions BEFORE I finish some builds...

Here's my line up of upcoming sabers:

lineup.jpg

Starting on the left--

1. This is an Ikon I've been sitting on forever. Busch shroud and clamp, and Scott D style grips. Edge card, I'll likely go with an Odyssey cartridge. I keep avoiding this one because I am terrified to drill and tap all the holes for the grips, cause I've yet to do that and be even. This is my favorite one and I don't want to screw it up.

2. This is a Busch body, a neck designed by AnubisGuard for a minicam, a Heiand stubby shroud, and the control box from my Anakin Starkiller Luke TFA saber that I didn't use since I made it into a V2. The one grip is a test. It's a strip of brass very similar to what Scott uses for his grips. I soaked it in AB and accidentally left it out in the rain and now it has this cool aged look. Still seems bare though.

3. King Sol body, Parks unfinished MPP clamp, emitter is made from a small canon camera lens, shroud from a Canon Y. The Sol is pretty beat up and scratched, not sure what I should do for grips or mismatched metal tones.

3. Heiland 2 cell, a home-made wanna be graflex clamp with one of Roy's clamp covers, emitter and pommel are TCSS parts, and a shapeways-made grip I will likely use to cover some DEEP gouges in the body that t-track wouldn't be able to hide. Again, mismatched metal tones, will likely age and weather the TCSS bits.

4. Another Ikon. I've added a Graflex repro button into where it's glass (plastic) eye was, and added a small control box. Otherwise, no bright ideas for it yet.

5. Body is some off-brand Heiland knock off I found at a swap meet, Heiland box, a Canon X/Y slave for the upper part, a TCSS emitter. I like the ports down low, there's some holes to fill with greeblies. Not sure about grips.

6. A DMB. It's a 2 cell, so I'm having a friend lathe up an emitter section to give it some length. Grips-- not sure. I could do t-track in the short lower section, below the clamp, booster style. I could also use the rounded grip in #4. Really can't decide.

7. A Canon Y, full length, still unassembled. No ideas yet...

Anyone have better ideas with what you se here?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really liking the look of 1 and both of the sabers you labelled 3. (You had an earlier version of the Canon-emittered #3 visible in another photo earlier in the thread, and it inspired my current saber build. Excited to unveil that one once it's done.)

Ha! I'm great and numbering!

Yeah, that Canon emitter used to be on the top of #5, but it never looked right.

Can't wait to see what you've done though-- your stuff always inspires. The neck you designed fit perfectly in the Busch too.

Good to know!

Honestly, just getting the holes in the right place has me nervous.

Try gluing the grips in place before you drill any holes in the body. Then use the predrilled holes in the grips to guide the bit. You can either tap the grips and holes together afterwards, or just drive rivets in. Unless you plan on disassembling the grips later on there's no reason not to glue them down.

I picked up some Ingersoll Rand channel off eBay and that's the approach I plan to take once I find a build for them.

Dayum. Model X maybe I could understand, but the Y?

I wonder who it is that's buying these if not members of the RPF. the only reason to care is lightsabers and the only way to find out is monitor this thread, but whoever these folks are aren't active here.

Speaking of paying silly dollars for stuff, that Presslite came today. Clamp is sweet! I'm gonna need to brainstorm an emitter, though. Maybe some hard drive parts... Reminds me that I have like 5 other sabers I still need to finish, lol.

Dayum. Model X maybe I could understand, but the Y?

I wonder who it is that's buying these if not members of the RPF. the only reason to care is lightsabers and the only way to find out is monitor this thread, but whoever these folks are aren't active here.

One of us was trying! And it looks like DARTH SABER was at least watching the show. I just wasn't THAT desparate to have it, though it did have two extra extension tubes!

Here's the latest. From bottom to top, the body is a hard drive spindle, and upside-down Busch flash, a wheel for a sliding screen door, as series of stacked hard drive motor parts, and a champagne stopper flange riveted to part of a Canon Model X reflector mount.

The clamp is the original Busch clamp, with a game cartrage edge connector. The clamp wrap is a Leitz flash body, slit down one side and held in place with rivets.

Grips are large black plastic zip ties, held on with black rivets. Manufacturer information was covered with aluminum plate also riveted down. Instead of a d-ring, I went with a covertec knob held in place with an 8-32 screw, drilled and tapped.

IMG_20170208_011925.jpgIMG_20170208_011344.jpgIMG_20170208_011114.jpg
IMG_20170208_011128.jpgIMG_20170208_011143.jpgIMG_20170208_011219.jpg
IMG_20170208_011257.jpgIMG_20170208_011419.jpgIMG_20170208_011552.jpg
IMG_20170208_011049.jpg

It's not as photogenic as I had hoped, though is a chunky beast and rather impressive in person. In retrospect, I wish I had gone with my original plan to include a wide hard drive motor plate in the stack under the emitter, just to get a diameter change in there somewhere. This assembly was much easier to attach in a sturdy way, though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back