Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    1 Week Ago  Aug 7, 2017, 9:19 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1901

CrazyCraig said: View Post
    That's a fantastic looking sabre. I do love when you find the parts that all fit together. The brass disks, did you find them or make them?
    I found all the parts, the brass discs I found in a neighbours skip, she was clearing out her late husbands shed and she asked me if I would like a rummage through, the torch body was from a car boot sale, and the shower parts are what I collected from my working environment ( I'm a plumber )
    From
    Australia NSW
    1 Week Ago  Aug 9, 2017, 8:26 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1902

thd9791 said: View Post
    what's that pommel and rear grip? Nice saber!
    Ridire firean did some great work for me in replying after your post but I'll ad this in case you missed it.

Both of the 'pommels' on these two are essentially the same but treated differently. The pommels here are the exact same poly cap but the top one is a female version with the black 'grip' section exposed. The bottom male one has the 'grip' section covered by some aluminium tube. The top one, I call the Sithulation, is made different by the addition of a plastic TV foot and me adding more grooves to the cap connecting to the foot (painted yellow).

A link to the thread if you want to see more. https://www.therpf.com/showthread.ph...70#post4293370
    Last edited by CrazyCraig; 1 Week Ago at 11:14 PM. Reason: historic revisionism
    From
    Australia NSW
    1 Week Ago  Aug 9, 2017, 8:30 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1903

Bengrim09 said: View Post
    I found all the parts, the brass discs I found in a neighbours skip, she was clearing out her late husbands shed and she asked me if I would like a rummage through, the torch body was from a car boot sale, and the shower parts are what I collected from my working environment ( I'm a plumber )
    Do you remember what type shower parts they are? All different pieces, or from the one unit?
  4. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    1 Week Ago  Aug 9, 2017, 9:09 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1904

Ridire firedan did some great work for me in replying after your post but I'll ad this in case you missed it.
    Psst. It's Fíréan. Not Fire Dan. And until tonight, the whole name "Ridire Fíréan", actually translated properly in Google Translate, now it says something not as cool.

But it's still not firedan, O.K. Crayig?

Anywho, happy to help out anytime!

And that's pretty cool that the other pommel is actually the female end, I'll have to revise my search and see if I can find it.

I've been meaning to ask, I may have over looked it, did you file the bottom of the 'Activation Box' on the older 'Male Pommel' lightsaber in order to fit it to the hose adapter piece that leads out of the handle and into the smaller bearing, or was that a ridiculously fabulous/fortunate find?
    From
    Santa Claus, IN
    1 Week Ago  Aug 9, 2017, 10:02 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1905

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yMqUiDdl.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	750540

The Jurassic Saber

Thought I would post it here to. I have a build thread going but this is my first custom saber. I have more ideas for it. It's definitely a work in progress.
    From
    Australia NSW
    1 Week Ago  Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1906

Ridire Firean said: View Post
    Psst. It's Fíréan. Not Fire Dan. And until tonight, the whole name "Ridire Fíréan", actually translated properly in Google Translate, now it says something not as cool.

But it's still not firedan, O.K. Crayig?

Anywho, happy to help out anytime!

And that's pretty cool that the other pommel is actually the female end, I'll have to revise my search and see if I can find it.

I've been meaning to ask, I may have over looked it, did you file the bottom of the 'Activation Box' on the older 'Male Pommel' lightsaber in order to fit it to the hose adapter piece that leads out of the handle and into the smaller bearing, or was that a ridiculously fabulous/fortunate find?
    Ah, holy crap!!!! I've done that several times, sorry. Was going to say 'I don't know how I did that' but I might have an idea why. Whenever you see something new, name or image, you will try and relate that to something you are familiar with to comprehend and remember it. I had trouble remembering how to spell your name and the Firean bit got me and I transposed the 'd' from Ridire to Firean. I would have sworn your last name had a 'd' in it.
    I salute the sabre maker Ridire Firean (in the hope thee won't chop off any of my bits with one of his sabres).

I did file down the window-frame 'activation box' as you say on the Faubi Wan for a closer fit. Crayig away....
    From
    Australia NSW
    1 Week Ago  Aug 9, 2017, 11:13 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1907

awol007 said: View Post

Name:	yMqUiDdl.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	750540

The Jurassic Saber

Thought I would post it here to. I have a build thread going but this is my first custom saber. I have more ideas for it. It's definitely a work in progress.
    That's a nice looking thing. At first glance I thought you had a light-bulb as a pommel, then I see its an insect in amber! Solid wood?
    From
    Santa Claus, IN
    1 Week Ago  Aug 9, 2017, 11:15 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1908

That's a nice looking thing. At first glance I thought you had a light-bulb as a pommel, then I see its an insect in amber! Solid wood?
    Yep. Turned on a lathe. And there is a real crane fly in there too. I embedded it in the resin. I make John Hammond Canes too so I'm used to turning these.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  9. RPF Janitor RPF Premium Member Lear60man's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Aug 10, 2017, 1:45 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1909

Question for you saber pros......

Can you install a blade with a LED without destroying an original Luke 3 cell Graflex?
    1 Week Ago  Aug 10, 2017, 5:59 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1910

Lear60man said: View Post
    Question for you saber pros......

Can you install a blade with a LED without destroying an original Luke 3 cell Graflex?
    You can do it but with all the replicas out there I would keep an original 3cell in a glass case behind a barrier.
    From
    Los Angeles
    1 Week Ago  Aug 10, 2017, 6:21 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1911

I have so many sabers to build, but my work area is outside and it's 200000 degrees.
    1 Week Ago  Aug 10, 2017, 6:34 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1912

SethS said: View Post
    I have so many sabers to build, but my work area is outside and it's 200000 degrees.
    All the better to forge metal.
    From
    Los Angeles
    1 Week Ago  Aug 10, 2017, 9:00 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1913

HA! I'll just hold up to the California sun..
  14. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    1 Week Ago  Aug 13, 2017, 10:26 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1914

Do you remember what type shower parts they are? All different pieces, or from the one unit?
    I can't remember the original set I got but I've now got a couple of sets of "Vado" shower display sets made for a bathroom showroom

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	751409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	751410
    Hope this helps https://www.vado.com/products/showering
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    1 Week Ago  Aug 13, 2017, 7:42 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1915

They should have just put "Also lightsaber parts" on the boxes!
  16. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    6 Days Ago  Aug 14, 2017, 3:49 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1916

Sluis Van Shipyards said: View Post
    They should have just put "Also lightsaber parts" on the boxes!
    Very true