Subscribe
  1. AnubisGuard's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2001
    Messages
    782
    Jun 17, 2017, 1:24 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1876

    I'm really digging the weathering on the emitter. Is that a driveway special? (Eg you rolled it on concrete....)
  2. RPF Premium Member veektohr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2015
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    1,103
    Jun 17, 2017, 1:39 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1877

    AnubisGuard said: View Post
    I'm really digging the weathering on the emitter. Is that a driveway special? (Eg you rolled it on concrete....)
    I'd have to borrow Seth's driveway for that. I used the ol' tupperware full of screws trick + some exacto scraping.

    CT1138 said: View Post
    Love It! One of the best customs I've ever seen.
    Dude, thanks!
  3. GreenCircleCube's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    From
    Illinois, United States
    Messages
    105
    Jun 22, 2017, 7:06 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1878

    slothfurnace said: View Post
    Howdy all,

    I just wrapped up a test saber. I thought it turned out nice, so I figured I'd post it here...

    http://www.slothfurnace.com/images/entropy/008.jpg

    This is Entropy, a Prizmv5 based Neopixel blade saber. Short build log and info here - http://www.slothfurnace.com/sabers/entropy_01.html

    http://www.slothfurnace.com/images/entropy/007.jpg

    http://www.slothfurnace.com/images/entropy/013.jpg

    http://www.slothfurnace.com/images/entropy/014.jpg


    Specs: Steel Russrep Obi ANH Emitter pieces, Modified TCSS Blade holder, Canon model Y Flash handle, Slothfurnace ROTJH&S Clamp card, modified TCSS pommel. Plecter Labs Prizm V5, Single 18650 battery, dual 120 LED NeoPixel Mini RGB LED Strips.
    Love it. Nice to see a machined custom saber
  4. CrazyCraig's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    From
    Australia NSW
    Messages
    91
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 20, 2017, 10:16 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1879

    Oops I did it again. Started a thread so I can keep track of the stuff, and all the bloody photos I take. https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=277129
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cXkJkQ4v.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	745483
  5. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    506
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 20, 2017, 1:58 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1880

    Hey @CrazyCraig ! Where's that small, Hale's Grenade-ish windvaney looking part from that's between the choke and the rectangular black "button"? It looks a lot like the Luke ROTJ saber "windvanes". Great find if it's some random part!
  6. SethS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    1,492
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 20, 2017, 2:06 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1881

    Yeah-- I'd love to know all the parts-- looks good.

    And thanks for rescuing this thread!

    Here's my latest!

  7. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    506
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 20, 2017, 2:19 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1882

    Hey @SethS ! I think I'm becoming a sucker for knurling, that grip is quite lovely! Especially the smooth breaks interspaced between the straight lines in the lower end, it reminds me of cubes!
  8. SethS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    1,492
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 20, 2017, 3:00 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1883

    I never met a knurling I didn't love!
  9. CrazyCraig's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    From
    Australia NSW
    Messages
    91
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 20, 2017, 11:48 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1884

    Ridire Firean said: View Post
    Hey @CrazyCraig ! Where's that small, Hale's Grenade-ish windvaney looking part from that's between the choke and the rectangular black "button"? It looks a lot like the Luke ROTJ saber "windvanes". Great find if it's some random part!
    I'm not completely sure by your description, but. Assuming the choke is the thinnest part, going forward from the button (button to emitter) are 3 different parts. Up against the button is a wheel bearing from a hand trolley (think in the US its a hand truck), then aluminium tube, then copper-pipe reducer, and on top of that another wheel bearing of larger diameter. I used them because they make a nice facsimile of the Obi Wan saber.
  10. CrazyCraig's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    From
    Australia NSW
    Messages
    91
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 21, 2017, 12:30 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1885

    SethS said: View Post
    Yeah-- I'd love to know all the parts-- looks good.

    And thanks for rescuing this thread!
    Its a great thread. It cannot die.

    I only bought 2 parts for this one, a poly-pipe connector (pommel) and a copper pipe reducer (choke). Everything else is found or made. The emitter is a door handle, with part of the internal handle mechanism from another used as the emitter spout(?) and a thick washer/spacer for the nozzle. Then wheel bearing (picked up off road), copper reducer, wheel bearing, male hosetail fitting. The button on the hosetail is made from a piece of aluminium window frame and some aluminium scrap. The larger collar under the button is turned aluminium. The other nob on the aluminium main tube body is probably from a pushbike (found on road). Then a bit of a brass hosetail fitting, fly-screen spagetti (that's what I call it, its the stuff use to press into fly-wire in doors and windows), more aluminium tube, poly hosetail and cap. The D-ring is either part of a dog lead or strap of some sort, also off the road. Apart from that there is some PVC pipe up the middle and two screws and few washers.
  11. CrazyCraig's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    From
    Australia NSW
    Messages
    91
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 21, 2017, 1:25 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1886

    SethS said: View Post
    Yeah-- I'd love to know all the parts-- looks good.
    If you're interested I've fixed the image links in the sabre thread now and there is a couple of pics of it before it was finished too. https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=277129
  12. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    506
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 21, 2017, 1:48 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1887

    CrazyCraig said: View Post
    I'm not completely sure by your description, but. I used them because they make a nice facsimile of the Obi Wan saber.
    Perfect! You got it spot on! "Flanged Wheel Bearings" pops up lots of hits!!!

    Does your emitter spin? That'd be way cool. Put some ABEC-9 bearings in there, give it a slap, and watch it wizz around for days!!!

    Thank you for the info, those will make a great Luke ROTJ style "windvane".
    Last edited by Ridire Firean; 4 Weeks Ago at 9:50 AM. Reason: typo
  13. CrazyCraig's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    From
    Australia NSW
    Messages
    91
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 21, 2017, 1:58 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1888

    Ridire Firean said: View Post
    Perfect! You got it spot on! "Flanged Wheel Bearings" pops up lots of hits!!!

    Does your emitter spin? That be way cool. Put some ABEC-9 bearings in there, give it a slap, and watch it wizz around for days!!!

    Thank you for the info, those will make a great Luke ROTJ style "windvane".
    The emitter doesn't spin. That top bearing is a broken one with a couple of the ball-bearings missing and it attaches to the copper reducer before the emitter also. The whole choke and emitter did spin off the smaller lower bearing before I put a screw through the 'control box'/ switch though.
  14. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2016
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    Messages
    779
    2 Weeks Ago  Jul 29, 2017, 10:21 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1889

    Made from an old 80s ever ready torch with tap and shower parts, still have a few things to add and a little clean up or weathering
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0756.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	747659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0757.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	747660
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	747661Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	747662
  15. RPF Premium Member propmainiac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Messages
    1,054
    2 Weeks Ago  Jul 29, 2017, 6:52 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1890

    I like it!
  16. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    506
    2 Weeks Ago  Jul 29, 2017, 8:23 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1891

    Bengrim09 said: View Post
    still have a few things to add and a little clean up or weathering
    I like the main body as is, the chrome on the emitter and the brass bits could be toned down a bit to match the rest and I think you'll have a winner!

    That pic #3 reads as a clear rollerblade wheel to me. I said to myself, "Wow! Somebody thought of spinning emitters in the OT and then started thinking about bearings, and ABEC5's, and then rollerblade wheels, and then they went and made a lightsaber out of one. That's crazy!!!" Even in the enlarged version of the photo, it still looks like a clear wheel to me and I had to really scrutinize it to see the different levels/bevels through the flash flare.

    I totally love that belt hanger ring. It's difficult to beat old fashioned simple ingenuity. Very cool.

    Looking forward to seeing you call this one finished and how it turns out!
  17. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2016
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    Messages
    779
    2 Weeks Ago  Jul 30, 2017, 2:59 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1892

    Ridire Firean said: View Post
    I like the main body as is, the chrome on the emitter and the brass bits could be toned down a bit to match the rest and I think you'll have a winner!

    That pic #3 reads as a clear rollerblade wheel to me. I said to myself, "Wow! Somebody thought of spinning emitters in the OT and then started thinking about bearings, and ABEC5's, and then rollerblade wheels, and then they went and made a lightsaber out of one. That's crazy!!!" Even in the enlarged version of the photo, it still looks like a clear wheel to me and I had to really scrutinize it to see the different levels/bevels through the flash flare.

    I totally love that belt hanger ring. It's difficult to beat old fashioned simple ingenuity. Very cool.

    Looking forward to seeing you call this one finished and how it turns out!
    No rollerblade wheels were harmed in the making of this custom saber, only shower parts, brass discs with holes in and an old torch
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0763.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	747784Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0764.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	747785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0765.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	747786Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0766.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	747787Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0760.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	747781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0761.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	747782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0762.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	747783
  18. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    New Jersey
    Messages
    88
    1 Week Ago  Aug 5, 2017, 7:52 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1893

    Reviving this thread because I love lightsabers, that's why.

    My personal saber:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my lightsaber (1).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	4.29 MB 
ID:	749439

    Based off of my favorite non-canon Jedi's saber...standard Sf ASP parts, heavily customized; an irish Celtic sea symbol etched into the top and a quote from FIREFLY etched into the body, in Aurabesh.

    Currently sporting the best sound around (CF 8) and a wildly cool crystal chamber with accent LED's. I love it so hard.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my lightsaber (2).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	4.30 MB 
ID:	749440

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my lightsaber (5).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	4.61 MB 
ID:	749441
  19. Sluis Van Shipyards's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 1999
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    Messages
    9,595
    1 Week Ago  Aug 5, 2017, 7:24 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1894

    Very cool!!! I really like the weathering on the emitter. It looks like it has some history. I've got a bunch of lightsaber-ish looking internal parts so I'll have to make guts for my next custom.
  20. RPF Premium Member thd9791's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Messages
    4,083
    1 Week Ago  Aug 6, 2017, 12:41 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1895

    I'm currently working on a steampunk/ ESB style Vader saber. Chaim once left the reflector dish rods in a Heiland shroud on one of his custom sabers. I did too, except ( like kurtyboy's Rebel blaster), I sent the full rods into a Nikon 3 cell saber body. This also includes a red button sourced from the Nikon flash itself!
  21. CrazyCraig's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    From
    Australia NSW
    Messages
    91
    1 Week Ago  Aug 6, 2017, 7:14 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1896

    Bengrim09 said: View Post
    No rollerblade wheels were harmed in the making of this custom saber, only shower parts, brass discs with holes in and an old torch
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0763.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	747784Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0764.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	747785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0765.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	747786Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0766.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	747787Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0760.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	747781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0761.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	747782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0762.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	747783
    That's a fantastic looking sabre. I do love when you find the parts that all fit together. The brass disks, did you find them or make them?
  22. CrazyCraig's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    From
    Australia NSW
    Messages
    91
    1 Week Ago  Aug 6, 2017, 7:25 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1897

    Now the reason I logged-on was to show the latest sabre and the custom lightsabers thread is up and running!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X9wrtnB5.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	4.05 MB 
ID:	749689
  23. RPF Premium Member thd9791's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Messages
    4,083
    1 Week Ago  Aug 6, 2017, 10:57 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1898

    CrazyCraig said: View Post
    Now the reason I logged-on was to show the latest sabre and the custom lightsabers thread is up and running!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X9wrtnB5.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	4.05 MB 
ID:	749689
    what's that pommel and rear grip? Nice saber!
  24. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    506
    1 Week Ago  Aug 6, 2017, 11:35 AM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1899

    Hey @thd9791 ! Since he might be asleep already down in Oz, @CrazyCraig is using Poly Connectors for water supply/ farm/home irrigation as his pommels. There are lots of them made by Philmac, but I haven't found an image of this one yet on his "latest sabre". He'll have to fill us in on its make/model if he still has the packaging. He has several more images of this sabre here....

    https://www.therpf.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4293351
  25. Member Since
    Aug 2017
    Messages
    4
    1 Week Ago  Aug 6, 2017, 3:03 PM - Re: Show your custom Lightsabers! #1900

    Check out my new toy!

    Korbanth Duke w/ igniter 2

    https://youtu.be/b_6V63cGwXs

Similar Threads

  1. Custom Lightsabers
    GMB1of12000, Star Wars Costumes and Props
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2012, 5:26 AM
  2. custom lightsabers
    parfaitelumiere, Star Wars Costumes and Props
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2011, 12:48 PM
  3. custom lightsabers
    mandalastudios, Star Wars Costumes and Props
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Apr 16, 2010, 7:05 PM
  4. Show off your lightsabers....there's a twist though.
    DARTH SABER, Star Wars Costumes and Props
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jun 13, 2007, 4:33 AM