Show your custom Lightsabers!

I'm considering it just blasting the whole thing with matte black paint then weathering it out. May look more uniform then...

I think it rocks! Consider the backstory of it being scraped together from many broken or partially destroyed lightsabers.

I think it looks good, but I think the thing about it that looks off is the lengh. Would you be able to take out the black part with the bubbles? I sort of think if you took that out and painted and weathered the knurled bits it could look better.

P.S. You should take a pic of all your sabers together....that would be pretty epic

It's not much longer than a Graflex-- but I agree that's the odd-ball part. I just hit it with paint so we'll see. And yes-- I will round them all up for a pic soon!

I think it looks pretty hot, so far. I can totally see what you're saying about composing knurling, etc. But to me it looks...unfinished more than it looks bad. I don't know what it needs, but if you add the right thing, I think this'll fall into place something solid.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Here are another couple I have made.

IMGP0223_zpsdus4ngff.png

IMGP0242_zpsc2ge5orh.png

Blade%20amp%20Crystal_zpsopvntvdu.png

Red%20Blade_zpschhnkmw2.png

I'm considering a nice photoshoot of my customs then giving them away. I don't duel or cosplay. I just build them for zen. My work uses a lot of brain power and I've found I can motivate new ideas by NOT using my brain and just doing work with my hands.

So my hilt is a standard off the shelf deal. The blade is the unique part. I took a 1 inch acrylic rod, shot it with a five million volt particle accelerator, and the resulting Lichtenberg Figure is vaporized in the plastic in this fractal figure. Lucky enough to know the guys who do this, so I get to shoot things on their runs.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

So my hilt is a standard off the shelf deal. The blade is the unique part. I took a 1 inch acrylic rod, shot it with a five million volt particle accelerator, and the resulting Lichtenberg Figure is vaporized in the plastic in this fractal figure. Lucky enough to know the guys who do this, so I get to shoot things on their runs.

View attachment 670480View attachment 670481

Very unique indeed! Really cool result.

Okay! Not sure what to do with this...

I bought a Canon model y, and was annoyed to find out it was a slightly smaller tube diameter than the graflex... so basically, nothing I had would fit as a lower half..

but then I found THIS in a box of parts, and it fits perfectly

But it's brass

29545145734_03490c2b2b_c.jpg

30174095495_3c3a1bef1a_c.jpg

It's a neat back end, good and heavy as well... but the color... erm.

Ideas anyone? plating this chrome will probably cost a fortune, and pretty sure paint will look crap.

I thought about keeping it that color, adding tracks, and then putting a brass painted thumb screw at the top or something that could accent it...

I dunno.

Auction for charity?
I could. For some reason, in my head, I just don't see custom lightsabers built by somebody else would be worth actual money to anyone. But charity might inspire somebody!

- - - Updated - - -

I thought about keeping it that color, adding tracks, and then putting a brass painted thumb screw at the top or something that could accent it...

I dunno.

I've had THREE short Canons and came up with different ways of extending them. The challenge was fun. I think if you add grip, then make your emitter match the tone of the lower half it would look fine.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back