Show your custom Lightsabers!

From what I've read, The Custom Saber Shop has relocated to a new facility, and added new equipment in attempt to meet demand better. They are semi-regularly re-stocking items - I'd give their facebook page a watch. They update status every time they re-stock items and try to keep everybody informed.

As for the new sabers - will be a custom run from a known sabersmith, sorry I cannot recall who it is - but if you peruse their fb page or forums, the info is there. Like Seth mentioned, they are going to be geared towards being able to do electronics installs, but should be fairly accurate to the movie props (I'd say more so than the other companies that sell complete hilts with electronics and blades).

I built my first light-up/stunt saber with parts from them, and will vouch for the quality and customer service. I get blades and small parts from them pretty regularly, and shipping is always faster than I expect it.

20160617_220330 (1).jpg

TCSS is great. I've been doing business with them for years. However recently they are often out of stock of most machined parts. They have been out of stock on some items for over a year. Other than that though, they're great. Episode 7 drummed up a ton of business last year. That and the move to another state and having to re-setup shop, is most likely the cause of the out-of-stock issue.

As for the pre-order movie hilts that TCSS is selling, those are actually Parks Sabers/Korbanth (a.k.a. Sith Planet) sabers, just like the more recent Kylo Ren and Graflex 2.0 sabers are. Also, the Graflex 2.0 blade holder that takes 1" dia. blades that TCSS is now selling is actually the one from Vader's Vault. Those sabersmiths obviously made deals with Tim of TCSS to sell their products from his online store.

I would have to agree. Quality products and good customer service. The ongoing stock issue can be frustrating, especially for making multiple orders to the UK. With all due respect to TCSS for their great work, they seem to be expanding their product range with replicas and conversion kits and not so much with the MHS parts which is their unique selling point. However, I know nothing about running or growing a business and again I mean no disrespect to them.

I would have to agree. Quality products and good customer service. The ongoing stock issue can be frustrating, especially for making multiple orders to the UK. With all due respect to TCSS for their great work, they seem to be expanding their product range with replicas and conversion kits and not so much with the MHS parts which is their unique selling point. However, I know nothing about running or growing a business and again I mean no disrespect to them.

It's because of the move and the re-establishment of their facilities that they're taking on these kits and cranking out easy to manufacture parts. The kits, as mentioned before, are made by others and being distributed by TCSS in lieu of what they aren't able to produce just yet. It keeps them relevant in a rapidly expanding medium. They should be ramping up to normal capacity here soon. Not soon enough for me, I'm afraid. I finally broke down and bought stand-in parts for the ones I've been waiting on that still aren't in stock, which should arrive tomorrow, then I can finally complete the basic assembly of my first custom hilt.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

For sure. I'm kicking myself because in all my adventures to make my X and Y full length, I never thought to try one of the Leica/Leitz miniflashes and I had several. They look perfect. Is that pommel a 3rd part MHS offering?

Would still love to know how it was weathered too...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back