Show your custom Lightsabers!

The thing I didn't like about that emitter was that the diagonal-cut part was the same width as the tube, so it didn't fit well and made the saber look too long. But after a quick visit to Sears Hardware and a couple minutes of noisy work, I trimmed about 1.5 cm from that piece and here it is now :) Thank you guys for the advise! That's why I really love this place. Now it looks like a car exhaust, as if fire was gonna come out of it any moment.

20160625_235506732_iOS.jpg20160626_000057406_iOS.jpg

Latest version is def the coolest. Did you make the emitter out of the old end cap? What did you use for the clamp? I dig it!

Latest version is def the coolest. Did you make the emitter out of the old end cap? What did you use for the clamp? I dig it!

Here it is what I used:

- Main body: Original Graflex Synchronizer
- Color and copper wires: Roy's
- End cap: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262483919422?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
- Clamp: Steel clamp from Marco Galactic Supply
- Clamp card: thd9791
- Emitter: 3-piece emitter from Marco Galactic Supply (it's just three parts cut off from two different steel tubes)
- Greeblies: Random parts Marco sent together with the clamp and emitter, a 5mm LED and regular O-rings

I like it now! :D

20160626_001628557_iOS.jpg20160626_001653312_iOS.jpg20160626_001709112_iOS.jpg20160626_001742947_iOS.jpg20160626_001800505_iOS.jpg20160626_001813824_iOS.jpg20160626_001836029_iOS.jpg20160626_002958580_iOS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY

I had big job to work over the last couple months, and a vacation-- but I am finally home and twiddling my thumbs so I can get back to saber makin'

First up-- the Swap Meet surprise! Went to a photo swap meet a few weeks ago with dreams of finding something cool and great-- but I did not. I did grab a Leitz mini flash cause they are cool for parts-- then I spotted an off-brand heiland style extension... and one other part that SCREAMED light saber to me.

Curious if you other photo-gear educated peeps know what this thing is that I used for the body. Hint-- it's NOT a flash.

Swap1.jpg
Swap3.jpg
Swap3.jpg
Swap4.jpg
Swap5.jpg
Swap6.jpg

Thank you!

And it CAN be used as a grip-- but it's for still cameras and has one other, more primary function. :)

That one is very nice, and incorporates the Heiland extension really well - I didn't even notice it at first! Is the back piece a monopod? The little claws on the end are a great detail.

That one is very nice, and incorporates the Heiland extension really well - I didn't even notice it at first! Is the back piece a monopod? The little claws on the end are a great detail.

Close enough that you win!

Those little claws are actually its feet. The legs extend up the length of the handle and pop out to spread into a tabletop tripod.

Full parts list from top down:

- Heiland extension
- A left over t-track style grip designed by Dr.Tayln for a D cell minicam (I only used 6 on mine, he designed the 3D file as a set of 7)
- A kobold-ish style clip off a generic 2-cell flash
- clamp card is from an old calculator
- the black band and knob is the shroud from the same generic off-brand flash the clip came from
- the rest is the tripod, with some paint and weathering

I'm nut sure I like how thin it gets in the middle-- I made add a piece of bushing or something in there to thicken it up.

Last edited:
Totally stealing this idea since I have a couple of extensions that I didn't know what to do with :)

I'm nut sure I like how thin it gets in the middle-- I made add a piece of bushing or something in there to thicken it up.

I was thinking along the same lines for mine, if only to keep the end from getting knocked off axis

I like it. It adds to the elegance of the lightsaber. If this were a piece for dueling, I'd say definitely thicken it up. But as it stands, I could definitely take it either way.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Part of the tripod-- it actually pivots down and around-- like a adjustable tripod head. The black and silver disk is where the camera would mount-- which just happens to be universal bolt/socket used on the extension. So i literally just screwed it on.

Part of the tripod-- it actually pivots down and around-- like a adjustable tripod head. The black and silver disk is where the camera would mount-- which just happens to be universal bolt/socket used on the extension. So i literally just screwed it on.

So convenient that it was meant to be! It's reminiscent of Kanan's lightsaber too.

Seth, a tripod like that would be an EXCELLENT version of an Obi Wan IV grenade neck. does it stay put or still pivot around?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back