Show your custom Lightsabers!

DSC01645.JPG

So I thought I'd go ahead and join in with pics of my saber. It's not a movie replica, but I suppose it's not 100% unique either (though I doubt there are many if any EXACTLY like it). I'm a big fan and collector, but aside from some creative sculpting skills I do lack the mechanical / technical skills and knowhow to attempt scratchbuilds of anything. That being said here are some shots of my slightly modified Ultrasabers Archon. I added the copper looking lengthening segment as well as swapped out the emitter for a better one I found at the Custom Saber Shop. I love it so I guess that's all that really matters. :D

Anyways....on to the saber pics!

FullSizeRender[2].jpgFullSizeRender[1].jpgFullSizeRender.jpgIMG_4056.JPG

Lastly a shot of it's usual resting place alongside my wife's old RGB saber.

IMG_4059.JPG

I'm relatively new to the RPF community and it has been very bad for my free-time as well as my pocketbook. I am starting a budget R-2 build, so who knows? Maybe soon I'll have something more fancy and unique with a crystal chamber and the like, but this suits me for now! Thanks for looking.

Awesome work, guys...this is a great thread. I'm happy to keep coming back to see more people's work.

If anyone's interested, I do commissions. There are things I simply can't do because of the limitations of my rig but I'm pretty creative with my techniques and stuff to achieve the desired look. I have an album on my profile where you can see more pics of my work, including a custom sonic screwdriver and a Jedi Outcast saber I'm working on.

Last edited:
These all look amazing! I just happen to find an old graflex flash at my school (in the photography class storage room) and the teacher just let me have it. Just curious if this is worth making some sort of lightsaber out of:
IMG_9477.JPGIMG_9478.JPGIMG_9489.JPG
I know its not the same type of graflex used for the original lightsaber but I can see a good foundation for one

Attachments

• IMG_9489.JPG
    IMG_9489.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 452
it is a great foundation, congrats on the graflite!

The Holiday Special saber is made from that exact model. I'd be curious what other cool ideas you come up with too!

These all look amazing! I just happen to find an old graflex flash at my school (in the photography class storage room) and the teacher just let me have it. Just curious if this is worth making some sort of lightsaber out of:

I know its not the same type of graflex used for the original lightsaber but I can see a good foundation for one
Yeah dude, I think that has some potential. I posted some pics up-thread about a Busch flash gun I've had for a while. It's not a Graflex or MPP but can still make a cool saber. I've personally never liked the black cap on the bottom of that Graflite, but that's just me. I do dig that black piece on the back with the red button. Start drawing some designs. ;)

Nicely done. Personally, its not really my style but it looks well made and the big fin thing is pretty cool. And of course the electronics makes it all the better!

Hey guys, I'm starting to learn basic machining and I was wondering what lightsaber design would be the easiest to make on a lathe and mill as a beginning machinist?

The simplest sabers require no mill work. There are plenty of nice sabers out there with only lathe work. The kind where the blade holder is internal (think Graflex-ish) are easier to make than "external" ones that have an emitter that is larger in diameter than the main body.

No ... it's not quite screen accurate ... it's an idealised version ... the tell is in the even rings on the 'grenade' section ... they were rather uneven and a-symmetric and the pommel cubes more square-like :

Chaim

No ... it's not quite screen accurate ... it's an idealised version ... the tell is in the even rings on the 'grenade' section ... they were rather uneven and a-symmetric and the pommel cubes more square-like :

Chaim
Yeah some hack made that screen-used one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back