My Newest "Pirates" Replica, Captain Barbossa Bust "flesh version"

allosaur176

Sr Member
I just got this in the mail a couple of days ago..... Its a 1:1 scale bust of Captain Barbossa made of silicone and highly detailed (which the camera doesn't pick up)... He is limited Edition #2 of 10 pieces worldwide.... I have to make some minor touch ups like re-positioning the feathers, adding a few and possibly in time making a larger hat for him.... Like the Moonlight version I own, I will add the MR pendant when its released

Maybe in time I might want to darken the hair a bit to make him more screen accurate

hb2.jpg

hb1.jpg

hb.jpg

As much as I like and admire the workmanship behind this bust, but this doesn´t even vaguely resemble Barbossa IMHO.

As long as you´re satisfied with it, all is fine :thumbsup

Markus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OdiWan72 @ Apr 1 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1453192[/snapback]</div>
As much as I like and admire the workmanship behind this bust, but this doesn´t even vaguely resemble Barbossa IMHO.

As long as you´re satisfied with it, all is fine :thumbsup

Markus
[/b]

I will be the first to agree that its not a spitting image of him, especially from the pics, but in person looking at him all around, I think it does..... That plus it being built up from a life cast of Geoffrey Rush makes me love this piece even more....

To me its the hair that throws off the appearance... I am thinking about trying to darken it a bit, but I'm fearful of ruining the piece

I'm also going to look into getting him a larger hat :)

Another nice addition to your collection Rob.

To say that this bust doesn't even "vaguely" resemble Barbossa is a little harsh. I definitely see Geoffrey Rush in the sculpt.

Very cool. I can definately Geoffrey Rush in the sculpt also. However if there is one thing I would change, besides touching up the hair, it would be the eyes. I just think somthing is off in them, aren't they supposed to be really bloodshot?.. I could be wrong though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LogansRunner @ Apr 3 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]1454874[/snapback]</div>
Very cool. I can definately Geoffrey Rush in the sculpt also. However if there is one thing I would change, besides touching up the hair, it would be the eyes. I just think somthing is off in them, aren't they supposed to be really bloodshot?.. I could be wrong though.
[/b]

The eyes are supossed to be more muted blue that what they actually are.... In the first POTC, Geoffrey wore contacts that dulled down the colors in his eyes to make him look more sickly... I was debating either getting the "cursed version" or "living" version, and opted for the second, though, not sure if I agree with that choice, but either way, I'm happy with it

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back