The X-Files to return to TV! - I WANT TO BELIEVE

they announced today on the radio its a 6 part mini series.....AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!! if they do play E1-E2 on the 24-25 its gonna be a fast mini series...... :cry

^ I hope it has been enough time. Have to admit, it felt kind of like a punch in the gut when I heard the news that Carter was back. I'm still really excited for another visit with Mulder, Skully, and Skinner.

I would love to see that Dynamic duo Glen Morgan and James Wong who imo MADE that Series with their brillant writing, have a few episodes, ok pen the ENTIRE Mini-series.

Then I would be stoked!!

Love to see Darin Morgan also who did some of the most memorable Episodes of that Series!

Darin Morgan, Glen Morgan, James Wong and Chris Carter are the confirmed writers for the six episodes. So unless they have one or two more to announce soon, I'm assuming that they will be the only four writers and that at least two stories will be two-parters.

Here's hoping Carter actually has some idea of how the story ends and how to get there this time instead of just dreaming up a mystery and then realizing "Wait. Now I have to SOLVE the mystery?! Screw that!"

I can't really remember what the plot of the second film was, but part of me hopes that this mini series will just ignore all of that and go back to the old formula of Mulder and Scully as FBI agents solving strange crimes.

Thats GREAT news!

Now I'm excited!!!!!!!!

Darin Morgan, Glen Morgan, James Wong and Chris Carter are the confirmed writers for the six episodes. So unless they have one or two more to announce soon, I'm assuming that they will be the only four writers and that at least two stories will be two-parters.

As much as I'd love to see a resolution to colonization, Carter said he feels things will continue to be open ended. The thought is that if these six episodes do well, we could be looking at 6 more some time after.

Personally I really don't want to see the alien aspect of the show stop but I would like to see them deal with the looming threat of colonization properly. If they did that then any future stories could focus on the MOTW paranormal stories. I would be nice to get that closure to the Mythology. But I'm happy to see what they have planned for us either way. Six new episodes with the potential for a second mini series is great news to me.

As much as I'd love to see a resolution to colonization, Carter said he feels things will continue to be open ended. The thought is that if these six episodes do well, we could be looking at 6 more some time after.

Personally I really don't want to see the alien aspect of the show stop but I would like to see them deal with the looming threat of colonization properly. If they did that then any future stories could focus on the MOTW paranormal stories. I would be nice to get that closure to the Mythology. But I'm happy to see what they have planned for us either way. Six new episodes with the potential for a second mini series is great news to me.

If that's the case, the my interest in this project is basically nil. Wrap up your ****ing story or don't bother telling it in the first place, ya know?

But if this is just one Mini Series in a hopeful run of them, even if it's only one more, then it's not so bad to be honest. Plus, Carter could be lying to us. After all the misinformation he put out to keep the secrets of IWTB he may be trying to keep the secrets of the miniseries under wraps as well. That's been a hope of mine anyway, slim I know but still, I'll gladly take more adventures with them.

FIRST OFFICIAL IMAGE!
and I also added on the right what is clearly missing from the new season

1stXFILES.jpg

Her hair is actually red for this series, just a lighter shade like in the second film. A lot of natural redhead's hair will lighten as they get older. They probably went this route for that reason and so it was easier for Gillian to remove when she went back to her other work. She posted a photo of on her twitter of her hair right after they dyed it. The lighting of that picture just sin't letting it come out. But Scully will be a redhead in the mini series :)

These pics show it much better. Like I said, a lighter shade but at least it's there!

https://twitter.com/GillianA/status/606974085818556416/photo/1

2015-06-05c-Gillian-Anderson-Twitter.PNG2015-06-05d-Gillian-Anderson-Twitter.jpgxfiles-ms4-r1.jpg

Last edited:
Scully also wasn't bright red in the early days of the show, and there was a later season reference to what color of hair dye she uses.

Good point DuneMuadDib about theearly days. The episode you are referring to was Season 9's "Trust No 1". Also we do know that unlike Gillian, Scully is a natural redhead. We saw her as a young child and at 15 with red hair, so like many women she probably just enhances her natural color with dyes.

It's interesting though how some of the recent pics seem to really bring out the red in Gillian's hair and others look so blond. I wonder how it looks on film. We'll find out in January I suppose or any promotions before that etc.

Word is that the second episode is titled "Home Again" and is a continuation of the episode "Home" with the incestuous Peacock family!!!!!

If true, I will have a perpetual woody until January 2016!!!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back