Han Solo Holster - Screen Accurate Pattern

Hey all, Just checking in again. Thanks for the videos Crazylegs, I am in the same camp as other with my random schedule not allowing me to watch live but I have checked out the youtube stuff. Keep up the great work. I really need to start a page for yet another DL44 build but I have enjoyed reading the others I think I should share too..:)
DL-peak.jpg

Hey just finished watching your recent youtube update, Keep them coming! I am looking forward to the end result!!
Check out the Youtube feed guys, this project is far from dead, some really detailed work is being done and I am sure the end results are going to make us all happy!

Thank you Crazylegsmurphy! I couldn't have done it without your research.

I'd love to see my build in one of your videos! But, do you mind holding off on this one? I am building myself a 38 inched - this one is a 44 so some of the scaling is off for the screen used. I also got a beautiful Latigo hide for this next personal ESB that I think is a great color match.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @Crazylegsmurphy! I couldn't have done it without your research.

I'd love to see my build in one of your videos! But, do you mind holding off on this one? I am building myself a 38 inched - this one is a 44 so some of the scaling is off for the screen used. I also got a beautiful Latigo hide for this next personal ESB that I think is a great color match.

Sure thing, but this one turned out really well. If there was some kind of Centurion status like the 501st have, I would give it to you for sure. I think you did a fantastic job.

Is everything custom?

Thank you! High praise!

I did all the leather work, the hardware is from HDC Cosplay. It is a very nice heavy steel. Actually has the only droid caller clip I have seen that will hold the droid caller. I am pretty sure the disc is a Disco Trooper compared to the others I purchased separately from Disco Trooper.

This one is a veg tanned leather that was about 7oz. Being an ESB I stitched the pockets on, and left the edges of everything but the holster piece itself raw and not burnished. I did slightly weather this one as well with some shoe polish and rubbing alcohol to pull the dye back off.

Egon very nice work, your rigs are some art of their own. I’m thinking of tackling a one myself.

I wear a 29-30 inch waist so it’s hard to find something accurate to my size.

Do you have recommendations for leather weight used for the holster and main belt body? Also, do you use a lighter leather for the pockets?

@Egon very nice work, your rigs are some art of their own. I’m thinking of tackling a one myself.

I wear a 29-30 inch waist so it’s hard to find something accurate to my size.

Do you have recommendations for leather weight used for the holster and main belt body? Also, do you use a lighter leather for the pockets?

Thank you!

I would recommend 8oz for the holster, yoke, and belt. The pouches will definitely need to be lighter to stay crisp. I think the ANH is wafer thin, but the ESB seem to be like 3-4 oz.

Thank you!

I would recommend 8oz for the holster, yoke, and belt. The pouches will definitely need to be lighter to stay crisp. I think the ANH is wafer thin, but the ESB seem to be like 3-4 oz.

Epic, man. Thank you very much. I had a thought the pockets would be lighter just wasn’t positive. I appreciate the tips :thumbsup

Of course! I will be making a few more of these rigs soon, so feel free to shoot any questions my way and I can send some photos etc.

I just realized you're selling these. That is cool, but I hope you realize as per my rules of the holster, anyone selling will recieve the full scrutiny of my review. :D

Of course! I will be making a few more of these rigs soon, so feel free to shoot any questions my way and I can send some photos etc.

awesome, man. Thank you very much, I appreciate the help and I’ll probably definitely end up needing som advice along the way.

I also checked out your Instagram and the ‘in-progress’ pictures/videos are super helpful.

I just realized you're selling these. That is cool, but I hope you realize as per my rules of the holster, anyone selling will recieve the full scrutiny of my review. :D

Hah of course. I already shipped this one, but I will provide some detailed photos of my new build. My personal one will feature some modded Todd's hardware, but I will also bet doing another ANH with the HDC hardware. I'll keep you posted ;)

- - - Updated - - -

awesome, man. Thank you very much, I appreciate the help and I’ll probably definitely end up needing som advice along the way.

I also checked out your Instagram and the ‘in-progress’ pictures/videos are super helpful.

Great - happy to help. I will post some more progress photos tomorrow ! :D

Very impressive work !! :)

Is there a download link for the last version pattern ? With pants it is the last part to build for my costume.

Hello All,

I am on the hunt for the Solo back buckle. If you have come across any photos/videos showing the rear buckle, please post a link.

Thanks!

It's similar to the ANH back buckle, but a bit different (of course... like the front). Same basic shape as ANH back, but wider.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back