Han Solo Holster - Screen Accurate Pattern

Hey all,
Happy new year!!:D I got some work done on my HFC blaster conversion over the holidays so I guess I will start a place to post some pictures. How is yours coming along Crazylegsmurphy?? Any way some of us can help? If I can keep up the pace between working and shoveling snow:( I will be needing to start working on a rig for my blaster soon!!
With all the great info you have provided us I can start making the hard bits right away ( buckles, clips ) I have ordered some of the required accessories already so I can start forming leather even sooner too. Keep you the great work man!! Just thought this needed a bump too.

Has there been any updates on the Holsters as would love to get making one or maybe all of them as I'm doing leatherwork and this would be cool to do cant wait for the patterns as you have been doing a fantastic job crazylegsmurphy.

I offered back in August, but never heard from you.

Yup, me too. I'm still available, if you're interested. IIRC, you already had drawings of the greeblies, so if you post them, I think there are a few of us willing to have a go, and as you suggested back then, we could send you the results, and you could just choose whichever 3D models you like best.

Ugh, 22 pages, 2 years of posts, waiting to offer up my 2 cents & it comes to a stagnated end...

I've worked with leather for a few years now, my thoughts on the pouches...
They look wet formed. Figure your inside dimensions, cut a block to match them & used that to form your pouches.
Looking at the belt/rig from the Seattle exhibit, the leatherwork was pretty sloppy. I can't see them using custom pieces of leather for it. 9-10 oz for the belt & holster, 6-7 for the pouches. Veg tan will work, but i'd bet it was either Latigo or chrome tanned (not to throw a huge wrench into the plans)
Stitching is spaced at 5 per inch (10 on a 2" belt) could be a lock stitch or a saddle stitch (visually interchangeable)...

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Re: the front buckle
First & foremost...
Did I read in here that someone has a scream used set? Do we have pics? Pics with measurements, front/back documentation?
How many different versions are we discussing here? I'm seeing 2-3 different setups, different greeblies, different buckle setups.
Is there a definitive belt ot holster thread that covers parts & pieces that have already been found/named? I'm not seeing it in my research.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey Everyone.

I will catch up with everyone shortly (here and in private messages).

I just wanted to drop by and let you all know that I am in the process of setting up a live streaming channel. Once I have all the technical parts figured out, I am going to start streaming the rest of the process as I work from where I am at now, all the way to a completed holster. The goal is to provide an opportunity for you guys to watch my progress, ask questions, provide feedback, get on my case if it starts to fail, and perhaps support me along the way.

I also had the idea of doing joint streams with other creators that are working on 3D work, as well as upload videos of when I head to the machine and leather shops, as well as any other interesting trips I might take.

I'm going to start simple, but I wanted you guys to know that this is coming very soon. I hope you'll join me on the rest of this journey!

And......a huge thanks for all your patience. The excuses are done, it is time to get you guys geared up for Episode 8! :D

CLM

Last edited:
Small update.

I attempted a live stream last night as a test run on Twitch and YouTube. It was a disaster. The mic volume was too high and everyone could hear my dog farting, the music was too low, and the WIFI dropped after about 40 minutes leaving my friend and chatting to ourselves like morons.

The WIFI issue is one that has plagued my family since we moved into this house. It seems like a DNS issue, but I don't have the skills to solve it. I have put out a few forum posts to see if I can't resolve it.

All that said, I have adjusted all the other settings and I am just about ready. Once I have looked into this WIFI issue, I will be ready to go. I'll then post a link here to Twitch and TY, along with my streaming schedule. I hope you'll all join me.

OK!

I think I have everything worked out....I think.

Smugglers Holster: Review

Sunday, April 23
3 pm PDT | 6 pm EDT | 12 am CET

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/crazylegsmurphy

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAoJfFB2ZwXNORCXlV3ik9w

In this stream I will be recapping the project up to this point. We will chat about how this started, what I have done to get to this point, where the project is currently at, and what the plans are moving forward.

Hope to see you all there!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back