Amazon's The Expanse

Re: SyFy's The Expanse

Man, I am SO excited for the double episode next week! *happydance* So many amazing things are happening. Also, I picked up the new novel and will be starting it this evening. :D

What sucks is that Amazon doesn't have S3 yet, at least not the last time I checked they didn't. I found that odd since they had S1 & 2 and they're picking it up starting S4, you'd think that they'd have it, or is because it's not finished airing on SyFy yet?

What sucks is that Amazon doesn't have S3 yet, at least not the last time I checked they didn't. I found that odd since they had S1 & 2 and they're picking it up starting S4, you'd think that they'd have it, or is because it's not finished airing on SyFy yet?
Season 3 wraps up with the double episode next week!

Syfy obviously has first-run rights. It will move over to Amazon after it's finished.

Fire Stick handles the "Smartness" it's a low profile streaming device that takes up one HDMI port and connects to your home Wi-Fi
@Laspector
Another option is Roku. I use it for Netflix, Amazon, Google Play, and several others. But not YouTube because I dislike the interface so for that I stream from my phone to Chromecast.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Once you have paid for Amazon Prime, is it like Netflix where you can just watch anything anytime without paying extra charges, or do you pay an additional fee to just "rent" the stuff for a limited time? Or is it like VuDu where you just buy what you want and it is yours forever?

Once you have paid for Amazon Prime, is it like Netflix where you can just watch anything anytime without paying extra charges, or do you pay an additional fee to just "rent" the stuff for a limited time? Or is it like VuDu where you just buy what you want and it is yours forever?
Yes and no.

Anything that is available thru prime video you can just watch. But not everything there is available thru prime video. They advertise new stuff you can buy or rent, and when you search for a movie, it may show up, but not be available on prime video.

You can also get channel subscriptions, like HBO or Showtime or Masterpiece Theater or whatever. I get HBO and Showtime thru Amazon now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I guess what I am asking is all this included in the $100 per year price? Or do you still have to buy all these other subscriptions? In addition to the hundred bucks a year?

Amazon Prime gets you access to their video library with various titles licensed the same way Netflix does, alongside their own IPs which will now include the Expanse. They differ from Netflix in the way that they also allow you to directly rent or buy things that aren't licensed and streaming freely and add them to your Amazon movie library.

I guess what I am asking is all this included in the $100 per year price? Or do you still have to buy all these other subscriptions? In addition to the hundred bucks a year?
It really depends on the show. Some shows are included with Prime and some cost $1.99 an episode. The second season of The Expanse was extra when Amazon first got it and then several months ago it was included for free with Prime.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

I went and perused Amazon Prime Video briefly and it appears that their original programming such as Man in the High Castle tends to be included with prime. Since The Expanse will be joining those ranks for Season 4, it seems likely it will be included as well. :D

It doesn't help that Amazon just raised the price of Prime. Or is about to raise it, I'm not sure.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back