Amazon's The Expanse

Re: SyFy's The Expanse

Would someone who has read the Expanse book series tell me if they've passed the first book or whereabouts are they in the book series? I'm dying to read the series itself but don't want to be spoiled by reading ahead (aka the game of thrones syndrome).

Go ahead and read the books. Season 1: pretty close to the books with small changes to speed things up a little. Season 2: more "wait, I don't remember that" moments. Season 3: very different.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Go ahead and read the books. Season 1: pretty close to the books with small changes to speed things up a little. Season 2: more "wait, I don't remember that" moments. Season 3: very different.

I would say season 3 is "fairly different" with it quickly coming back to alignment if the titles for the next couple of episodes are any indication...

I'm on the edge of my seat every day now just waiting to see if the show gets picked up. I hate that SyFy did EXACTLY what everyone expected of them, especially when season 3 is just the start of the best material in the series. The fan momentum has been immense but I just hope someone is listening,

Each season has been different from the books, but they're hitting the key notes. I'm enjoying the differences for the most part; the one exception being not showing the Ganymede fight.

Whatever happens, the books are still being published and they're great, and I still plan to build a studio scale Roci :D

I've signed up for a SlingTV trial so I can watch live tonight. Apparently these ratings may be make or break. I just hope that SyFy doesn't back pedal for a season 4 only to do this same dance next year. Amazon or Netflix needs to take this show for it to really feel safe.

That was a great episode! Really hope the boosted viewership shows Alcon and any future buyers what this show could be in the right hands.

That was a great episode! Really hope the boosted viewership shows Alcon and any future buyers what this show could be in the right hands.

SO GOOD! Bobbi is so amazing. Some wonderful character beats between Amos and Prax, and Naomi and Holden. Also, the actress who plays Chrisjen is criminally underrated.

The distribution crippling a show this good is an absolute travesty. I hate how chopped up the viewership is because of it. I know that's not entirely SyFy's fault and probably falls more on Alcon or just "the business" in general, but seriously the show needs a simultaneous wide release in all markets. I honestly don't blame people outside the US for pirating the show, all they want to do is WATCH IT, and for a vast majority that just isn't possible.

Once again Amos comes through. Loved the look on his face when Prax asked him to watch the children. I wouldn't have wasted a bullet on him but would have blasted him out the airlock. When Prax hugged his daughter I heard a sniffle from my wife "Are you OK Hon?" Sniffle "I'm fine." Sniffle Loved Holden making that POS Mao Kneel in front of Avasarala. If I were her I'd knee him in his face. It's sad this show and it's cast won't get the awards they so richly deserve. Bobbi and Amos would have the most badass children EVER. I'd love to rub soothing lotion on her bruises...you know, just to make sure she's ok.

For those who haven't read the books, there is a novella titled The Churn that explores Amos' background and it is AMAZING.

Well, sounds like in a stunning case of stupidity Netflix is going to pass. So Amazon has shown interest. Go here and send them a note asking them to pick it up, click on the "For your Consideration" Tab and plead your case.
https://studios.amazon.com/contact-us

Amos grew up in Baltimore...Nuff said.

Last edited:

Well, sounds like in a stunning case of stupidity Netflix is going to pass. So Amazon has shown interest. Go here and send them a note asking them to pick it up, click on the "For your Consideration" Tab and plead your case.
https://studios.amazon.com/contact-us

Amos grew up in Baltimore...Nuff said.

Name your source regarding Netflix? I haven't been able to find any statements from them about it.

HITCH YOUR **** AND PUCKER UP!

I know it's tentative but I'm so hopeful!

(Sorry about the asterisks I didn't realize that was going to be censored)

Now that was a good episode. We got Clarissa, the slow zone, and finally the return of Miller. Looking forward to seeing how they get Naomi back on the Roci.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back