Amazon's The Expanse

Re: SyFy's The Expanse

Just finished season 1. I quite liked it. Annoyed that season 2 is currently only available for a fee.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Great show. Pity they didn't continue to make the Belters physically different other than tattoos and the indecipherable patois.

Great show. Pity they didn't continue to make the Belters physically different other than tattoos and the indecipherable patois.

Dude, the money would not have supported that level of CGI in every episode, on top of everything else. In terms of sacrifices, I find that the least egregious thing to deal with.

Dude, the money would not have supported that level of CGI in every episode, on top of everything else. In terms of sacrifices, I find that the least egregious thing to deal with.

Like they couldn't cast tall skinny actors? At least that would differentiate them slightly rather than looking like a heavy metal band from the Caribbean.

Like they couldn't cast tall skinny actors? At least that would differentiate them slightly rather than looking like a heavy metal band from the Caribbean.

I'd personally rather they cast toward the talent factor than physically fitting the part... I mean... yeah, Hugh Jackman is WAY too tall to play Wolverine, but that's worked out fairly well in the long run.

Nitpicking-Picture.jpg

No matter how good a show is, This guy always shows up -

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

The show really picked up for me around episode 7 of season 1, have yet to jump into season 2 though. I'm in the process of reading the books though and finding that I appreciate the characters a little more there than in their TV counterparts

Fun fact: The novel The Martian by Andy Weir was adopted by the authors of The Expanse as a prequel to their series, with one of the novel making mention of a ship named The Mark Watney, out of Mars. So, technically, the film adaptation of The Martian is a prequel to the TV series.

I guess Andy Weir clarified in his recent AMA on Reddit that the two properties were not in the same universe, but that's likely an issue of rights at this point

I'm sure it's nothing official, but if The Expanse wants to consider The Martian an unofficial prequel and doesn't reference it as such, then Weir really has no say in the matter.

Yeah I don't think it undermines the reference, just thought it was an interesting point that he acknowledged it. Apparently in the past he had encouraged the comparison too, so that's what made me think the fact that the movie rights have now been sold made him be a little more careful about the association. Still a cool reference though.

I know this thread is kind of dead right now, but I just finished Season 2 and was genuinely moved to tears at multiple points throughout. I was a hard sell on the series before I read the books, but if this season is anything to go by then Season 3 should be GREAT!

I know this thread is kind of dead right now, but I just finished Season 2 and was genuinely moved to tears at multiple points throughout. I was a hard sell on the series before I read the books, but if this season is anything to go by then Season 3 should be GREAT!

I love this series so much. My hubby picked up the most recent book for me for Christmas and man, I demolished that thing in just over a week. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing how things shake out in future seasons of the show. They've already diverged a bit, but not in ways that break the overall narrative. If they even remotely follow the books' plotline, there is some scary, scary **** coming. :D

I love this series so much. My hubby picked up the most recent book for me for Christmas and man, I demolished that thing in just over a week. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing how things shake out in future seasons of the show. They've already diverged a bit, but not in ways that break the overall narrative. If they even remotely follow the books' plotline, there is some scary, scary **** coming. :D
I just wish they would stop toning down Avasaralas language.

I just wish they would stop toning down Avasaralas language.

From my understanding this comes at the behest of the actress. I think in general Avasarala is fairly different from the books as she feels a bit more elegant in the show, while she seemed more crass and ornery in the books. Both versions suit their medium though

No season 3 talk? :/ sad to see this show continually flying beneath the radar. It definitely deserves as much attention as shows like TWD, but general audiences just aren't watching.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back