Amazon's The Expanse

Re: SyFy's The Expanse

The other day I was thinking how nice it was to get interested in a series of novels after a bunch of them came out.
And then I finished book five and it is clear there is going to be at least one more that I have to wait on. :angry

I'm glad I was able to watch the series, but clearly the only way to really depict Avasarala is for this to be on HBO, Showtime, or Cinemax.

Does anyone know for sure, what the actual colors of the MCRN jumpsuits are? My guess is dark blue and red, but it's impossible to tell from the show-- i haven't seen a pic of an actual costume from behind the scenes. And the red, could be medium red, rusty red, dark red? Any info will be much appreciated!

I'm GUESSING it's black with orangey-red piping, but I dunno for sure. Might be navy blue...

My one complaint about the show is the lighting is almost always moody and tinted. Very difficult to see exactly what color stuff is 'for real,' versus how it appears on screen.

I wish we had some kind of ART BOOK or SERIES COMPANION to help us out, hint hint!

-MJ

So true-- and then when you combine the moody lighting with whatever system you are watching the show on, and you can't rely on what you see.

I thought this show was a brand new series? Or is it just new on SyFy? I don't ever remember seeing a first season. I dvr'd it thinking it was new and then it said "previously on..." so I turned it off.

And please get season one and binge it, you won't be disappointed. I'd love a model of the Rocinante. She's like the Defiant, little but tough as nails. 8 Miniguns and 2 Torpedo tubes. I like how they are keeping the Physics real.

I am unfamiliar with this show, but from reading this thread it sounds pretty good.

Where can I get season 1 and watch it? Is it on Netflix?

I don't think it's on Netflix. Maybe Hulu. I got it in iTunes, but unless you regularly rewatch shows thats more than most would want to pay.

It is worth seeing though. When you do I'd just say this: give it a real chance. It starts slow and takes an episode or two to really get going, but when it does it will suck you in.

Agreed. There is a LOT of world-building going on in the first couple episodes. Once I understood who the characters are, their loyalties and locations, I loved it.

I am unfamiliar with this show, but from reading this thread it sounds pretty good.

Where can I get season 1 and watch it? Is it on Netflix?
If you have Amazon Prime you can watch the first season on there for free. If you have to pay it is $1.99 an episode, which is stupid.

So after watching the first several episodes of season 2, I broke down and bought the first novel.

I started reading it on Thursday and am already about halfway through it's 500+ pages. The show is amazing, but I am really blown away by the novel. So far, the show is a very faithful adaptation of the story, but (as one would expect), the novel adds layers of depth and complexity to the story, as well as letting you become more intimately familiar with the two leads of Holden and Miller.

I'm particularly impressed with the consistency of the authorial "voice", knowing that the author is actually a collaboration between two men. I would be very interested to hear about their collaborative process as my husband and I have kicked around the idea of writing something together at some point.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back