Amazon's The Expanse

Re: SyFy's The Expanse

Thing is, Sci-Fi/SyFy did to SG-1 much as they did to Farscape except they had the decency to tell them a little sooner but they still canceled them after initially letting them think that everything was all good and that they good for a season 11, which they weren't but were fortunate to get a movie to wrap up the loose ends.

I'm wondering why they cancelled Firefly after one season. Barely had a chance and was just starting to get really good. Wish they'd bring that one back!

I'm wondering why they cancelled Firefly after one season. Barely had a chance and was just starting to get really good. Wish they'd bring that one back!

That wasn't SyFy, that was Fox. The reason being for why it was cancelled was because it wasn't given a chance, they aired the episodes out of order, the original pilot wasn't aired until the very end of its run, and add to that because the World Series and games leading to the Series was on Fox the show kept on getting pre-empted so hardly anybody ever knew when it would be on.

Last edited:

Enjoyed the show so far, reviving a dead thread because I don't see another one anywhere. What does everyone think so far?

Also, I happen to have a bunch of closeups of two of the space suits from the expanse if anyone is interested. Some good full/mid length shots and mid-low quality detail shots as well, my camera was playing up with the weird lighting they had. They were on display at the Hard Rock cafe take over that SyFy did at San Diego Comic Con.

Not completely drawn into it, but the first two eps weren't objectionable. I like that it's a more hard science fiction apparently.

First episode showed a lot of promise. Really liking it. Definitely digging in for second episode. And yes, as mentioned earlier, the production values are ridiculously high. Really good looking show.

Enjoyed the show so far, reviving a dead thread because I don't see another one anywhere. What does everyone think so far?

Also, I happen to have a bunch of closeups of two of the space suits from the expanse if anyone is interested. Some good full/mid length shots and mid-low quality detail shots as well, my camera was playing up with the weird lighting they had. They were on display at the Hard Rock cafe take over that SyFy did at San Diego Comic Con.

We made all of the military space suits for this show, and that was one of ours on display.
Really enjoying it so far...and eagerly waiting to see our suits debut on the show.

Here's a still from one of the official trailers...can't show anything else but I'm sure we'll get to see them in action soon enough.
The Expanse.jpg

David

Last edited:

We made all of the military space suits for this show, and that was one of ours on display.
Really enjoying it so far...and eagerly waiting to see our suits debut on the show.

Here's a still from one of the official trailers...can't show anything else but I'm sure we'll get to see them in action soon enough.

David

That's cool! I loved the attention to detail you guys threw in. All the logos and stickers..., some looked like equipment inspection stickers). Each component looked functional as well.

That's cool! I loved the attention to detail you guys threw in. All the logos and stickers..., some looked like equipment inspection stickers). Each component looked functional as well.

I should clarify that, sorry. We made the suits...and once done their prop department detailed them with the logos and stickers. And as complex and detailed as these suits are, not to mention the absolute craziness of how their assembled.... honestly it was their finishing work that made them come to life with their added custom detailing.
They were a great team to work with.

David

Glad to see some posts here, I was worried for a bit - awesome work on the suits, btw, David! Great quality & feel, as always.
I've been trying to find some time to pull screen captures for references, so I'd love to see any photos anyone has - especially helmets! theexpansefans.tumblr.com has some shots of the Pur'n'Kleen logo which shouldn't be too hard to make in to patches.

I'm all caught up on the eps, and I'm liking this show so far. Excellent production values. DAVIDYR1, did you guys make the Pur & Kleen suits as well, or just the Martian suits?

I have a thread in the replica props forum attempting to ID the base guns used for the props. So far, so good. I'd also like to try my hand at some of the logos. I know one of the graphic artists for the show worked on Total Recall 2012, and I've seen a couple things from that pop up in Ceres, ha ha.

-MJ

While I'm sure David has better pics, here's the imgur album from what I took at SDCC last year. Also on the one photo, reason I held my hand up is the distance between 1st and second knuckle on my index finger is 1". Super pissed that I didn't check the photos for clearness at the time, some are quite blurred. But here you go until better pics surface:

http://imgur.com/a/Dz3W7

We watched the first couple episodes last night and I am really enjoying it so far. I'm intrigued by the universe of the show and am looking forward to seeing where things lead. Also, now I really want to pick up the books. :)

That wasn't SyFy, that was Fox. The reason being for why it was cancelled was because it wasn't given a chance, they aired the episodes out of order, the original pilot wasn't aired until the very end of its run, and add to that because the World Series and games leading the Series was on Fox the show kept on getting pre-empted so hardly anybody ever knew when it would be on.

They did that with the NFL and space above and beyond, every damned night we tried to watch it during dinner it was a stupid football game instead. Fox is so badly run it isn't funny. I caught a bit of this show while trying to get to sleep and it does seem to be a bit harder scifi than a lot of shows anymore.

While I'm sure David has better pics, here's the imgur album from what I took at SDCC last year. Also on the one photo, reason I held my hand up is the distance between 1st and second knuckle on my index finger is 1". Super pissed that I didn't check the photos for clearness at the time, some are quite blurred. But here you go until better pics surface:

I appreciate the pics. Thank you.

So far, so great. It does put me in mind of either really thick science fiction novels or even trilogies where a lot of the first chapters are just introducing the characters and environment.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Ooh, definitely good enough pics to start from - construction on the Martian suit is a ~lot~ like my UD Snake Eyes suit, similar base and armor materials. Looks like the same gloves but with a hex pattern, too. LOL, my shoulder pads tend to dip inside the biceps just like that. And everyone's favorite Cobra buckles - I love those things. Hmm... is that the UD DKR backpack as base for the Martian suit and an Ogio Mach 5 backpack as the base for the P'n'K suit oxygen tank?
Man I love the helmet designs, the P'n'K one reminds me of the Abyss with that square face plate

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back