One-Stop 11' TOS Enterprise Reference Thread: NCC-1701, No Bloody A...

Wow, the old girl looks new again!! They did a great job overall from what I see here. Thanks to the folks sharing pics for those of us far away!

Side note, does anyone recognize or know a source for those really cool mini LED floodlights in the base and ceiling? I see some.... possibilities...

Thanks,
Sean

Wow, the old girl looks new again!! They did a great job overall from what I see here. Thanks to the folks sharing pics for those of us far away!

Side note, does anyone recognize or know a source for those really cool mini LED floodlights in the base and ceiling? I see some.... possibilities...

Thanks,
Sean
If nobody comes up with that by Friday, I'll ask at the event.

I was curious, I don't ever recall seeing them lit so they may never have been but since they are there....were the little lights on top of the nacelles above the bussards/nacelle caps ever lit? They look like they might be small nav lights but not sure I ever remember seeing them on/flashing? Looking forward to small replica of the original ship and this looks like a good guide. :)

Last edited:
I seem to recall during the last restoration they discovered plexi channels led to them from the xmas lights in the bussards...but they didn't transmit very well.

Wonderful! Yeah, the model looks very blue (I'm guessing camera flash again) in these, but the weathering is exactly what I saw yesterday. Looks like the reason the streaks look like they were barely there in all those Space Seed photos is... they were barely there. :)

Nailed it!

I sound like a broken record. A very happy one. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are great photos. It would be grand to see her fly again. I am so glad they decided to light the Enterprise. Makes it seem alive somehow.

Amazing.

Didn't notice it until you said something but this was my recollection too but looking at screencaps maybe not on the lighted version of the ship. Looks like the painted one's were yellow but the lights do look a bit red in the couple of lighted rear shots I found.

View attachment 639036

View attachment 639037

Yeah I thought the same thing.
They are clearly yellow/orange on the model, but the screencap says otherwise.
Perhaps they just stuck a red bulb in the model when they shot it. The one on the right is even burned out.

shuttlebay_1.jpg

:)Spockboy

It's probably just a reflection. Relax, guys. I think it's safe to say at this point that they knew what they were doing, and there aren't any "oops, we overlooked ___" moments forthcoming.

Maybe they used a commercial setting solution, maybe they made something in-house, maybe the ILM crew have their own proprietary treatment. But I seriously doubt we're going to catch any "AHA!" defects from looking at pictures when they've been working on it for two years.:facepalm

Wow. I sure wish those pictures had come out long ago. It would have saved a TON of modeler grief and internet battles. LOL
I knew someone had to have good pictures from that day and there they are.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back