Edgar Wright’s Baby Driver (Post-release)

Re: Edgar Wright’s Baby Driver

New Baby Driver poster.

C_kRgTOUMAAJWij.jpg:large

JamesGunn: #BabyDriver premiere was a blast & a half with some of the best car chase scenes EVER & fantastic music. edgarwright killed it. Go see it!

pattonoswalt: Yeah, BabyDriverMovie is this year's THE NICE GUYS. Smart, relentless, hilarious & touching. It does NOT LET UP.

rianjohnson:
" ❤️❤️❤️❤️
I don't have to tell anyone on twitter that a kickass car chase movie by Edgar Wright is incredible, right? We're all adults here."

DCWMeoqUQAA-fCy.jpg:large

Director of The French Connection and The Exorcist.

WilliamFriedkin: I saw what I think is the most entertaining and original film I've seen in years...Edgar Wright's BABY DRIVER...don't miss it...

Last edited:
Dammit, del Toro! It was Streets of Fire that was a rock and roll fable by Walter Hill. Mean Streets was Scorcese!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw it 20th June. I really, really enjoyed it. I think when you realise that this film has zero CGI, it makes it a little more special. It's a solid film - I can't say I feel as heavily about it as Guillermo! But I did think it was great. Go see it!

:thumbsup

The title has been a turn-off for me from the start. I hate it. I think it's stupid. Also, "Baby" is the guy's name? That's disgusting.
Yeah man, that was a turn off for me too, then I saw the trailer and really wanted to see it. I love me some Edgar Wright, but I hate how not only is that the title, its the guys name...which hopefully I dont find jarring when watching the movie.

It's not his name. The gang all have nicknames, presumably 'Baby' because he's the youngest. Baby Driver is a Simon and Garfunkel song that features on the soundtrack.

I cannot wait for this movie.

I informed my wife tonight that I would be going to see it tomorrow evening.

She asked with who?

Naturally I said "Myself."

She told me in no uncertain terms that I would not be seeing it by myself, and that we were going to see it on Tuesday.

I've wanted to see this since the first trailer I saw for it. Looks great!

The ads on TV seem to be about how great it is, doesn't look interesting, almost Reservoir Dogs wannabe crossed with Fast and Furious. I don't think I like the kid, is he a wiseacre smart ass good at everything? Is the driving believable? some of the things in the trailer looked silly. However, the buzz has been very positive so I am here, looking forward to some reviews here telling me what is special. "Drive" I considered pretty damn special, that had me with the very first ad I saw. I knew something was different there.

The movie sounds exciting, and nothing personal, but Ansel Elgort has a really pretentious look about him, seems to rub people up the wrong way, as does Jamie Foxx who thinks he is better than he actually is.

Elgorts music doesn't help matters either. Something about him just seems corny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caper-style movies aren't necessarily my favorite genre, but I went with some friends to see this last night, and really liked it. The story is pretty straight forward, but the way the dialog, sound effects, music and camera work together is really quirky and enjoyable.

I loved having it filmed and set in Atlanta. They even go into the Peachtree Center food court, which every Dragon*Con attendee is probably very familiar with.

Edit: forgot to add - the only downside is that some of the stuff works only because they make the Atlanta PD out to be remarkably incompetent.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back