MR Enterprise SFX Shots

Hey QuiGonFishing, Good to see your model again . . . and seeing you. I've been away a long time. Perhaps I'll post more pictures of my own MR model!

Beauty-Shot-Oct-19-2017-a-web-sized.jpg

Last edited:
Beauty-Shot-Oct-19-2017--WEB-SIZED.jpg

I wanted to share this image with those who might appreciate it.

It’s the same shot of the Enterprise but of course a different backdrop. What I really like about this image is the way it emphasises the vastness of space . . . what it would be like to travel among the stares in a vessel (a life raft), like the Enterprise.

This to me (idealized, I know) is what space exploration would actually be like . . . traveling in a hostile environment to be sure, but not necessarily like what passes for science fiction today. My disappointment with SF narratives being offered lately is the insufferable repetition . . . the insane but all powerful villain who conspires to rule, or destroy a planet, a system, an entire damned galaxy if things don’t go exactly as foreseen.

Or the narrative is petty revenge, or worse yet, a glorified ‘Monster’ movie.

In the image above there is the vastness of space and human kinds’ particular brand of ingenuity to build a life support system (Ship), so that we might indeed go out there and explore, imagine and perhaps discover something other than monsters and maniacs under every damned rock.

Now that would be the Star Trek that captured my imagination back in the day . . . something risky and dangerous but awe inspiring to stretch our capacity to understand and marvel rather than spiraling into a soap opera where the people in the plot are so damaged so poised to self-sabotage that they have no damned business commanding a horse and buggy let alone a Star Ship!

End of rant, chuckle~

Last edited:
Well all I'm hearing are crickets from this thread, QuiGonFishing, I tried.

I'll leave this thread with one last shot of the MR Enterprise . . . back in the 1970’s I was on a country road in rural Saskatchewan (Western Canadian Province); myself and three of my friends pulled off the road, got out of the car and looked up at the stars. Of course the nighttime sky is filled with stars when there are no city lights to obscure them. A satellite caught our attention and one of my friends started running down the dark road yelling “Beam me up Scotty” . . . we had a good laugh that night!

As I put this image of my MR E together (this is my first image of the third and final one I received in 2007) looking at the scene below, that night and those words spoken in the late 1970’s came back . . . only now I’m not laughing; I’d dearly like Scotty to beam me up, ~chuckle.

Enterpise-Oct-25--2017.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back