MR Enterprise SFX Shots

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauleysolo @ Apr 2 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]1453912[/snapback]</div>
Amazing stuff- all very good-I think I like the E in the clouds the most
[/b]

I think that's because it puts the E in our own world, so to speak. If you rotate it, it makes a great screen saver for a wide screen computer.

Here's mine...

mye.jpg

I must say, it looks really good at 3800 x 2600 pixels. :)

Share?.? Email.?.?

Please?.?

I LOVE all of these... I'll do one just as soon as I pick up my baby... she's waiting for me downtown... just haven't had time yet...

luv,
-r.

That's what I like to see. Everyone is doing some awesome work here. To me, half the fun of owning a studio-scale model is...well, bringing it into the studio. Am I right?

OK, here's a twist for anyone who is game––So far, most of us have put the Enterprise in "places". A few, like the E being chased by the fighter, the E shooting torpedoes and the E in the clouds, for example––those pictures put the E in "situations" where our imaginations can fill in the blanks.

Let's see how your photos can tell a story. For instance, a simple example is if you look at my second photo from my original post (first in this thread), at first all I did was put the E in Earth orbit (a "place"). When I decided to add the drydock in the background, that one element put the E in a "situation", thus telling a bit of a story––perhaps that's the original launching of the E with Robert April in command, or Capt. Pike. Maybe Kirk was taking her on one last orbit before her refit. The idea is it adds a dynamic to a static scene.

That's a simple one. Let's see what we can do. And, even if you don't want to tell a story, keep them coming. It's just great to see the the Enterprise out where she belongs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kuyadavid @ Apr 3 2007, 12:21 AM) [snapback]1454197[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kuyadavid @ Apr 2 2007, 10:05 PM) [snapback]1454179[/snapback]
Here's mine...

I must say, it looks really good at 3800 x 2600 pixels. :)
[/b]
You can check out the full-res version here:
http://instanet.com/~dseeholzer/con/fullsizeE.jpg
[/b][/quote]

All I can say is wow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ringa @ Apr 3 2007, 07:14 AM) [snapback]1454300[/snapback]</div>
That's what I like to see. Everyone is doing some awesome work here. To me, half the fun of owning a studio-scale model is...well, bringing it into the studio. Am I right?

OK, here's a twist for anyone who is game––So far, most of us have put the Enterprise in "places". A few, like the E being chased by the fighter, the E shooting torpedoes and the E in the clouds, for example––those pictures put the E in "situations" where our imaginations can fill in the blanks.

Let's see how your photos can tell a story. For instance, a simple example is if you look at my second photo from my original post (first in this thread), at first all I did was put the E in Earth orbit (a "place"). When I decided to add the drydock in the background, that one element put the E in a "situation", thus telling a bit of a story––perhaps that's the original launching of the E with Robert April in command, or Capt. Pike. Maybe Kirk was taking her on one last orbit before her refit. The idea is it adds a dynamic to a static scene.

That's a simple one. Let's see what we can do. And, even if you don't want to tell a story, keep them coming. It's just great to see the the Enterprise out where she belongs.
[/b]

That's a great idea... but jeez, I already put my black sheet away and put all the lamps back where they belong... but I did just buy my first "legal" copy of PhotoShop (the rest were installed from an office copy so I could work at hope), so I'm up for it. Have to be honest though -- I am not an expert or an artist -- I'm a writer, and the most I can ever hope to do is just "play" with this software. But I guess that's half the fun.

As a photographer, I gotta say, great work, you guys, especially Treadwell.
I'm jealous. I want my own ship to shoot.
Couple tips-
Since the window LEDs are too cool, remember to shift them warmer.
Watch lighting direction. Ship and planet should match.
What's up with the bottom sensor dome on the MR? Is that thingy there or not?
Hope they get the QC thing going on, cuz evidently there are some issues, from what I've seen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(konar @ Apr 3 2007, 04:23 PM) [snapback]1454815[/snapback]</div>
Here's a stab at revisionist something or other... or maybe alternate reality:

requiem.jpg

[/b]

Cute, when is somebody going to do the classic Shatner holding the model???

Brian

"What kind of special FX is this? Where's the traveling matte , Chuck? Don't you know anything about special FX? Where's the go motion? Where's the sound?.....Where's the motion control...?"
pp.jpg

:p

Amazing artwork guys.

It's funny, we can do at our home PC's what took a whole team back in the day.

Who's gonna be the first to shoot the E with a video camera on a trolley? I wanna see the opening credit fly-by redone with an actual miniature...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ringa @ Apr 3 2007, 07:24 PM) [snapback]1454772[/snapback]</div>
I call this one "Emergency Landing."

[attachmentid=13415]
[/b]

Ringa, This is stunning stuff... :thumbsup

I'm short for time to take anymore (better lit) pictures of my E. As you know she's heading out the door for a replacement, but man I am liking the images posted in this thread.

RW.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(konar @ Apr 3 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]1454825[/snapback]</div>
kuyadavid -- how are you getting such a pristine mask?
[/b]

Working from a pretty high-res original helped a lot. Also, I took several images from a tripod and combined them in photoshop to get my final. One of the images had no lighting on the model and a bright background, which gave me a pretty good mask to use for the composited lit images.

Thought I'd try a fast one... not at all thrilled with it, but what the heck.

It won't be my last try at this... so there's no where to go but up...

[image]http://www.ronboyd.com/ImageHost/RB-MR1701.jpg[/image]

cheers,
-r.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back