Cronos - Vampire Device! Progress thread!!!

Thanks guys! :D

I will definitely be doing a run of these in the near future!

As soon as I'm done with the sculpt, I will be starting an Interest List in the Junkyard. So, stay tuned here when I announce that I have posted it, and then you can post your interest there. :cool:thumbsup

Thanks guys! :D

I will definitely be doing a run of these in the near future!

As soon as I'm done with the sculpt, I will be starting an Interest List in the Junkyard. So, stay tuned here when I announce that I have posted it, and then you can post your interest there. :cool:thumbsup

Did you bake the polymer clay then carve out the detail from the hardened shape? Or did you carve the detail out from the soft polymer clay then bake it?

The device is looking great and I'm keen to see it finished.

Good luck.

Did you bake the polymer clay then carve out the detail from the hardened shape? Or did you carve the detail out from the soft polymer clay then bake it?

The device is looking great and I'm keen to see it finished.

Good luck.

Thanks!
I baked it before I started carving. It's a hollow shell, so holding it or attempting to sculpt it while wet would have altered the shape of the shell. I can also apply more clay and bake it again if I need to, which is why I like polymer clay so much.

I am in as well. ;p Hoping the inside is hollow to allow us to add gear mechanisms for a sweet Reveal!

It is hollow, and will have the legs that you can pull in and out. So, you'll be able to display it with everything extracted out (Needle Arm & Legs), or closed up! :cool:thumbsup

Not sure yet how much room I will have after the legs are in, but I'm hoping I'll be able to add a flat area with the gears and Bug...

Just a little over month ago I was watching this film and wondering if anyone would ever attempt to make a replica of this beautiful prop, considering the movie is not as well known as other Del Toro projects anymore. So glad to see this project here.

It's looking super promising, and I'd be really interested in the run too.

It is hollow, and will have the legs that you can pull in and out. So, you'll be able to display it with everything extracted out (Needle Arm & Legs), or closed up! :cool:thumbsup

Not sure yet how much room I will have after the legs are in, but I'm hoping I'll be able to add a flat area with the gears and Bug...

Will you make a run if you finished it?

UPDATE:

Finished the Back!!!

I just need to mold and cast some Leg and Claw pieces and finish assembling the prototype!

After that, I'll mold everything and start an Interest List in the Junkyard!

CronosClay7.jpg

Subscribed sir. I bought the limited edition Cabinet of Curiosities from a while ago and the quality of the replica included in it wasn't up to par. This already looks better in it's beginning stages!

This is totally gorgeous! I ended up here while researching some reference material for an upcoming art book based on the movie. Does anyone know where I could find any photos of other props from the movie? Specifically the two different angel statues and the assorted cards and brochures Perlman is using throughout - I've found props and photos from the movie incredibly hard to track down so far, especially the angel statue that the Cronos Device was in....

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back