Cronos - Vampire Device! Progress thread!!!

RelicMaker

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
"CRONOS"

~ The Vampire Device ~

...and so it begins!!!

I've finished carving the device out of clay, and will show the steps of the build as it progresses.

First thing to show off is the crystal that will be installed into the top of the Vampire Device!

It is made out of colored 'Cubic Zirconia' crystal, and has an awesome feel and weight to it! Much better than regular crystal with a higher luster and nice really sharp edges on these as well!!!

CronosProgress18.jpg

CronosClay7.jpg

CronosCrystal.jpg

img7.jpg

img8.jpg

vlcsnap-54255.png

vlcsnap-54369.png

vlcsnap-56966.png

CronosProgress18.jpg

CronosClay7.jpg

CronosCrystal.jpg

img7.jpg

img8.jpg

vlcsnap-54255.png

vlcsnap-54369.png

vlcsnap-56966.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy... YES! I was drooling over the device that Propstore auctioned last year. Here's hoping for an accurate replica at long last! :)

Yep! I'm glad one finally went up for auction, so we could get some good pics of it. Even though, Del Toro mentioned before the Cronos Device props they had came up missing or stolen.
I wonder if he heard about this auction?

Thats really amazing work! Do you think somebody will ever be able to make a cronos replica with the pop out legs?

UPDATE:

I've started back on this and was carving this out of wax over the past few weeks, but it seems wax is a bit more difficult to work...

So, I'll be starting over and working this out of polymer clay, which I find to be much more friendly when it comes to detail work like this.

Also, this version will have retractable legs! Not automatic, but legs you can move in and out of the body of the device... ;)

I'll post pics as this progresses along...

Awesome job RM. cant wait to see progress photos. Did you use anything in the body for support or is it all clay? You did an unbelievable job making it so far. Any egg shaped sculpture thats hollow with a lid is a pain in the *****. Keep up the good work

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back