C2E2 2015 - Chicago April 24-26

infymys

Sr Member
Might as well get an somewhat early jump to see who's going this year. Less than 4 months away, April 24-26 to be exact at McCormick Place just outside downtown Chicago.
I'll definitely be going on the Saturday. Other days are still up in the air. Not sure what I'll be cosplaying as. May break out my Tengu Shredder for old times sake.

Last edited:
I will be attending all 3 days, I just booked the hotel the other day. I think I will bring my ultimate Spider-Man and Destiny Hunter. I like to keep one to open to shop, get autographs, attend panels, etc. Hope to see your Shredder there!

I will definitely be there this year, reprising Red Hood from Halloween.

Get your tix early! 3-day tickets are sitting at only $60! That will easily triple as we get closer to the date.

Yes! I'm so glad you started this! I've got all my fingers crossed that I'll be able to make it - my brother-in-law is getting married that morning at the Cultural Center, which is both highly convenient (already happen to be in Chicago) and highly inconvenient (will there be time???).

Does anyone know details on when the costume contest starts (plus pre-judging)?

I'll be bringing my armored Hawkgirl.

Thanks for the link, Infymys. Would you remember what time it started last year? I assume/hope it will be around 7, when the show floor closes.

springsteel You will do awesomely at that costume contest. I don't think I'll be entering Red Hood simply because I don't think I can contend with the usual top-notch work thatcomes through there. I'll just be enjoying wearing it around the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Though I just recently saw a video of last year's contenders, aaaand I'm thinking it might be better to just enjoy Sunday! Those costumes were absolutely amazing, and I'll already have to bust my butt to get dressed and down to McCormick after a wedding Saturday morning. I'll see how my costume comes together, then decide before the deadline :) Hopefully the guest list will pick up, as well; there are a few I'm excited to see, but I saw that they had Adam Hughes, Gail Simone, and a slew of great entertainment guests last year.

This will actually be my first year going to C2E2. I attend a ton of the the conventions in the Wisconsin/Illinois/Minnesota region but never have had a chance to go to C2E2 and I am extremely excited as I am getting pretty bored with Wizard World.

This will actually be my first year going to C2E2. I attend a ton of the the conventions in the Wisconsin/Illinois/Minnesota region but never have had a chance to go to C2E2 and I am extremely excited as I am getting pretty bored with Wizard World.

Just think of it as a bigger version of WW Chicago. Also a LESS expensive version of it as well.

Me and my wife will be attending all 3 days this year. Me as Star Lord, her as Gamora, First time we are going "all out" for our cosplay.

I lucked out and snagged a room on Priceline the other day, so I'm officially going again! It's a nice long 7+ hour drive but I roped some local friends into going with me. :)

I'll be bringing Bombshell Hawkgirl, hopefully Captain Marvel if I get her done in time, probably Brienne (armor this time!), and my TNG and BSG stuff as backups.

Will be attending it for the first time. Been to WW in Rosemont and not impressed with it. Really looking forward to C2E2 just because of the facility, McCormick Place is fantastic.
Doing Walking Dead, wife and I as Carol and Daryl. Should be fun.

Hope to see some of you there. I will only be attending on Saturday. I will be cosplaying as 2nd form Haseo from the video game and anime, .hack//G.U. I'm basically doing a final test run on this particular cosplay for Anime Central which is three weeks later. One of the things I'm excited to see is Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat who are the English VA's for Goku and Vegeta for the DBZ franchise. I just want to hear Sean go Super Saiyan.

Rats. There is a grateful dead concert the same night. Booked the JW for $300. Cant the deadheads sleep in tents?

Fun story: there was news here in Chicago that the deadheads were making an effort toward sleeping on Soldier Field, in tents.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back