My lifesize IG-88 project ( IG88 1:1)

The head is nearly completed. I added a second light option. You can see white lights in some reference pictures.
I glued a chain of lights into the lower part of the head. The lights are battery-operated and I can turn them on with a remote control.

Kopf.jpg

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6413.jpg

IMG_6414.jpg

IMG_6416.jpg

The two halfes of the head are connected by two 10mm foamex discs (everything glued here with 2C-glue). The split line is on the same level as the binoculars, so it was a good chance to attach the bracket somehow. I milled a small rectangular pocket into the lower foamex disc (~5mm) and the used two screws to attach it.
The connection allows a small rotation of the binoculars.

IMG_6439.jpg

IMG_6440.jpg

IMG_6441.jpg

IMG_6442.jpg

IMG_6445.jpg

IMG_6447.jpg

The result looks quite good so far. :) I think the head will come down another 1-2cm. The throat tube has to be shorten in the same way therefore it's still unpainted.

IMG_6457.jpg

IMG_6458.jpg

I also started the production of the grenades, two for the front side and three for the rear side.

IMG_6409.jpg

IMG_6408.jpg

IMG_6410.jpg

Gahhh! He is beautiful and terrifying, I love it. What a menacing looking droid, he will look killer when you add the guns.

that sir is one amazing job! i can't believe how tall he is! how tall are you? he towers ya! very good job if i say so myself

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back