My lifesize IG-88 project ( IG88 1:1)

wow! just WOW! how tall is IG? wookieepedia states 1.98 meters

He is definitely taller than 1.98m. In this picture you can see that IG is taller than Darth Vader who is 2.02m according to wookieepedia.
Addionally he stands in background and one step down. So I think IG is between 2.30m and 2.40m (~7.5....8 ft).

the_empire_strikes_back_vader_and_bounty_hunters.jpg

I did also an investigation on some figures.The height of my Derwent flame tube was my reference value so I had a scale to calculate the remaining body parts but the results did not show a clear value for the height.

Overview.jpg

This is excellent. I just got an IG 88 head from Scott and will be starting my build soon. Thanks for sharing some great ideas.

Wow, this is one hell of a build. Awesome job. I'm totally jealous.

Hey, build me one, too, while you're at it. I'm sure you wouldn't mind, right? :p

UPDATE

We had some nice days in March so I started with painting of the big body parts and the remaining bits and pieces.

IMG_6263.jpg

IMG_6199.jpg

IMG_6244.jpg

IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6248.jpg

IMG_6357.jpg

The head is currently divided into two parts (upper and lower). I glued some acrylic lenses into the upper part which have been coated with red color before.
A first lighting test was successful. :)

IMG_6196.jpg

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6250.jpg

IMG_6358.jpg

IMG_6359.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back