Edraven99's Collection Tread - Long Overdue Updates

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - A Non Obi Related Update?!?

Eureka! Science experiment success!!

So on one of the MPPs that I have, it has the correct rectangular clamp side-bars for a Vader ANH build, but in the more common anodized black:

IMG-3741.JPGIMG-3742.JPGIMG-3761.JPG

Of course we all know that the side-bars are silver for that version of the hilt and I didn't want to sand the side-bars because a) it would be a pain in the ass to do, and b) I didn't want to lose any of the 'character' on these vintage parts.

So doing some online research, I discovered that oven cleaner (i.e. Easy Off) should strip the anodize off of the aluminum.

I hummed and hawed about it because I also read that there was some risk of etching the aluminum or discolouration, but I decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot.

I'm glad I did because I couldn't be happier with the results. I'm now that proud owner of a set of vintage silver MPP clamp side-bars!

FullSizeRender.jpgIMG-5824.JPGIMG-5825.JPGIMG-5826.JPG

IMG-3741.JPG

IMG-3742.JPG

IMG-3761.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG-5824.JPG

IMG-5825.JPG

IMG-5826.JPG

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - A Non Obi Related Update?!?

Good to know that stuff we use to clean a cooking area can strip chemicals off a piece of metal.

Looks nice, of course :)

Good to know that stuff we use to clean a cooking area can strip chemicals off a piece of metal.

Looks nice, of course :)

Lol... yup! Nasty stuff!

the sidebars look amazing! you're braver than I

Re: Edraven99's Build Thread - Have you seen the new T(K)s?

Small update... got a nice big one tomorrow!
An elegant weapon deserves an elegant display chest

I found this vintage jewelry box on eBay and thought it looked similar (but smaller) to Obi's chest in ANH.

It needs a little TLC and work, but all and all pretty happy with it as a new display piece for my real parts Obi...

(Don't know who to credit for the Obi chest photo so if anyone knows please let me know).

IMG_6036.JPG

IMG_6037.JPG

IMG_6038.JPG

IMG_6039.JPG

IMG_6040.JPG

Re: Edraven99's Build Thread - A Civilized Display for an Elegant Weapon...

thats crazy in comparison! :thumbsup

Re: Edraven99's Build Thread - Have you seen the new T(K)s?

Over a year in the making. Going to take the day off and wait at the window for the mail? :)

The chest looks great! A much more manageable size than mine.

Lol... would if I could... I'd be like a puppy dog at the window!

Re: Edraven99's Build Thread - A Civilized Display for an Elegant Weapon...

That does indeed look like the OWK/ Superman chest.

As a wise old puppet once said... "once you start down the dark path forever will it something, something, something...."

I never had any intention of branching off to collect and build anything other than lightsaber hilts...

Then, it started off small with this:

My SL ANH Vader helmet

Vader 4.jpg

Then came this - my RS HPDE Stormtrooper bucket

IMG-1072.JPG

And now, I've managed to get a hold of one of these beauties!

IMG-6204.JPGIMG-6208.JPG

I think I have a problem.... :cry

Vader 4.jpg

IMG-1072.JPG

IMG-6204.JPG

IMG-6208.JPG

More info on the Fett helmet!!

There are a lot more people that are way more knowledgeable about these things than I am so I'm sure someone will chime in if I have anything wrong, but as I understand it, the MDF has lineage to what is known as the Pre-Production Two (PP2) ESB Fett helmet.

The PP2 was never used on screen, but it was used in all of the ESB promos - it was the helmet that was pictured on the Kenner Fett action figure card - and was used as the basis for the Don Post Fett helmets back in the day.

The MDF is derived from the original 'holy grail' of Fett helmets, the MF or Malone Fett helmet, which was a direct cast of the original PP2. The MDF, or the Malone Day Fett, is a cleaned up version of the MF as there was damage/issues with that original source cast; something about it being pulled too early.

That's what I've been able to glean about it in a nutshell....

Wow... been awhile since I've updated this thread!

I've been in the middle of house renos so everything's been packed up but there have been a few comings and goings....

First off... had a bit of a nice mail call this week... this was completely random as a militaria shop that had contact with in the past email me out of the blue to point me to this beauty!

Picture 3.jpg Picture 4.jpg Picture 11.jpg Picture 12.jpg

And look ma, twins!! Well.. not really... there are a few differences but a damn close look alike with one of my other No 3's.

Picture 14.jpg

And of course... I've started working on a new lamp lol....

Burner Can Lamp.jpg

More to come as always....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back